“Very nice”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here 5 nights two adults three children and the queen suite was big enough for all of us. The full kitchen was just nice to have. Bathrooms and rooms are clean. Pool is a little small but nice. Hotel area is close to many shops.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Julia F, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We very much appreciate your taking the time share your experience with us. Feedback from our guests helps us in many ways. I am so glad that you found your visit with us convenient and comfortable. Please come and visit us again.

Julia Ferris

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights when my husband was having surgery. The hotel is a little off the beaten path and next to a funeral home. The suite was quite comfortable--a little dated in decor but looks like it was recently updated. There was a comfortable seating area, a large table that doubled as a work area, and a complete kitchen. The bed was very comfortable as well. The only negatives were the lack of towels in the bathroom. They only provided two small bath towels, two hand towels and 2 washcloths that were very thin. You have to request clean towels and bed service, as the room is only cleaned once per week per stay. The breakfast was a hot buffet and included waffles, pastries, eggs, potatoes, and a meat, much better than the continental breakfast offered at some hotels. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Newspapers were also provided. All in all, I would stay there again, especially if you plan to stay more than one night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Julia F, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. We take the feedback to heart, as we continuously strive to improve. Our staff enjoyed reading your appraisal, and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel was okay. The location is not so great. Not the best neighborhood. There was a man going through the trash dumpster at the building next to the hotel. None of the hotels on Plantation Rd. look so great from the outside. The rooms are spacious but need some up-dating and repair. I did have a good night's sleep. The bed was comfortable. I probably would not stay at this hotel again because of the location and the bad neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I was sorry to read that our location troubled you. Our area is in the process of transforming, much to our delight. With the reopening of the University Town Plaza, new stores and restaurants are opening all of the time. We hope you will come see us again, and see the changes.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was especially kind but the other tenants were sketchy. The location is convenient but I felt uncomfortable leaving equipment in my vehicle. It seems that the hotel has a lot of long term tenants that like to stay outside of their rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Awk004

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take the feedback that we receive from our guest to heart, and have changed our security precautions as a result. We do not allow any congregation of guests on the property after dark, and have security cameras throughout the parking lot. We are also, happy to watch the transformation of the area as new businesses open around the University Town Plaza. We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We come to Pensacola for our job and we always stay at the MainStay. It is like being in an efficient apartmaent unless you upgrade to the what we call the Pent house which is well worth the upgrade, LOL Nice and Clean always. Everything you need for an over night stay to a vacation stay. Everyone at the desk is very friendly and helpful. Your right in town but away from the traffic, just an all around good place to stay and there pet friendly, Fireplace, kitchen comfy beds clean and the beach is 15 minutes away

Room Tip: reserve your room, they always book up fast
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff very much appreciates your kind words. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and I had black mold in ALL of the ac vents. I contacted the front desk clerk and she said that she will move me to another room, but the maintenance guy has to get it together first, so after about 2 hrs I arrive in the new room and I noticed all of the ac vents were replaced, but lo and behold there was mold growing inside the bathroom shower, so the Maintenance guy getting the room" together" meant replacing the ac vents throughout the new room. I contacted the GM and she told me that all they are able to do was refund me 20.00 per night (40.00) total. Nevertheless she never apologized for the inconvenience. They continue to book these rooms putting one health and safety well being at risk. I contacted consumer complaints and I am currently working with the state of Florida health department. I also have pics totally unacceptable. I would Not recommend this hotel to my DOG!#!!#!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

We are sorry that you were not comfortable in your room. That is what is important to us, so we were happy to move you to a new room. Since you stayed there for three nights without complaint, we hoped that that meant you were comfortable. Since that was not the case, the desk agent adjusted your rate. When you spoke to me, I increased your discount (but as I told you, we don't trade discounts for reviews). You then made good on your threat, and called Choice, and received another discount. I do not know if you were informed that the health department inspected us and did not find any mold, nor any problem. I appreciate it when guests give us honest feedback that enable us to improve.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was my second time staying at this location and though it wasn't as nice as the first time it was still an enjoyable experience. My family and I were in town for a funeral and needed a large enough place for 5 people and a dog without a large price tag. This place suited our needs. We had the largest room (king bed in a loft upstairs w/ private bathroom and a bedroom w/ king bed and bathroom downstairs.) We also had a sofa bed. The linens on it were dirty but it didn't bother us because we always bring our own linens to hotels and a big bottle of Febreze. The first time we stayed was just after they'd done some renovations so carpets and furniture were in better condition. That was almost 3 years ago. We actually stayed in the exact same room we stayed in the first time and it was obvious that natural wear and tear had settled in. The room could use a carpet cleaning soon. The kitchen was nice with a full size SS fridge, full size SS conventional oven, SS dishwasher and the sink has a garbage disposal. We were in town for 3 days so we bought groceries and cooked most meals in the room as if we were home. Extra pots could be useful but we just picked up a $20 pot set from Walmart to accommodate that issue. Staff is very helpful and friendly and will any request if possible. Overall, this is a great place to stay if you need a lot of space on a budget. This will be our "go to" place when we come back into town. About to make a reservation now to come back for the Seafood Festival in September!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our entire staff enjoyed reading your comments. We love welcoming back our repeat guests, and we can’t wait to see you in September.