“Needs lots of work”

Days Inn Pensacola West
Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tylertown
Reviewed 28 June 2013

fairly clean however the ceiling in the bathroom had mold on it!! and the pillows needed to be replaced

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnpensacolawest, Webmaster at Days Inn Pensacola West, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize most sincerely that there were maintenance and housekeeping issues at the time of your stay. I have taken over as manager now and have made many changes, including significant improvements to the fixtures and furnishings. I hope you will consider staying with us again if you visit Florida again and see how much we’ve changed since the time of your stay. We welcome you anytime.

Hotel Manager.
Phoenix
Reviewed 25 June 2013

If we had not stayed at Days Inn before this place would have been our first and last time. The room was not clean, the chair in the room was so stained I would not put anything on it and the blankets were dirty so we pulled them off the bed. The wall in the bathroom had dead bugs squashed on it. We tried to get some sleep but the room was so dirty I was up and packed at 1;30 a.m. & gone by 3:00 a.m.. We were told there was a coffee pot in the room but when we checked in there was none so we asked for one, they gave us a pot and said " sorry it is dirty you will need to clean it......." what great customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments. We have changed management since the time of your stay and also improved our staffing. I hope you can stay with us again and see how much we’ve changed for the better. We’ve improved almost every aspect of the rooms and the hotel itself. You might not recognize the place. In any case, I sincerely apologize that we fell short of satisfying you in this case. Complete satisfaction is our goal. Thanks again,

Hotel Manager.
St. Louis
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Oh my: what an experience.

It was Father's Day weekend and rooms in Pensacola were at a premium. I had never stayed at this property ( but have stayed at many other properties in Pensacola) but I was out of options, the location served my purpose so I thought I would give it a try: What a mistake.

On presenting myself at reception I learned of a problem with my reservation. The reception staff quickly sloved the problem. I must say that all staff, with whom I had contact, were always friendly, helpful, knowlegable and accommodating .

The physical layout of the property is not the best but there is little that can be done about that. I did note that the bushes and palms were well trimmed and maintained.

Upon entering my room I was greeted by an abundance of some sort of little flying insects. I managed to eliminate some of these little visitors but they were a persistant issue throughout my stay. The desk chair looked as though it had been retrieved from a dumpster: torn fabric, assorted stains on the seat (I have pics). I began setting up my laptop only to find that only one of the two plugs on the desk lamp worked: no major deal as I always travel with an extenion cord, but an unwelcome situation nonetheless. Over the course of my stay the internet proved to be very slow and spotty at times.

My bed was soft and mushy: The pillows barely adequate. The bed was short sheeted with the bottom sheet not even tucked in.

The only bath amenities were a no name shampoo and 2 very small bars of soap. There was no lid for the ice bucket. The bathroon was not cleaned during my stay although fresh towels were provided. The toilet tissue made the stuff found in national parks seem luxurious. The crowing grossness of the appalling housekeeping was my discovery of two (2) nasty, mildewed, wash cloths on the shower rod ( there are pics). One was in plan the view: The other I discovered when I entered the shower and closed the curtain.

I have stayed at Days Inns before and have been well satisfied with the experience. This property is an embarrassment to the brand. If this property is ever my only option again, I will cancel the trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola West, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear DennisKeith

I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay at our property. I am a little perplexed by some of the items you mentioned in your feedback and would like to talk to about this personally. Our bathroom amenities are the brand standard so your comment on that has me confused. Our pillows are above brand standard and we have actually sold over 2 dozen to guests who have liked them so much, just this year alone. Our beds are the exact same beds you would find at a Marriot (Sealy Posturpedic). Our bed linen is T-200 thread count sheeting from Thomaston Mills. Our paper products are produced domestically and I have never heard the comparison which you so eloquently provided. If you could please call me at 850-438-4922, I would greatly appreciate it. I do hope you contact me so I can get to the bottom of the problems you cited.

Kind regards

Ajit
Newnan
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Nasty Nasty motel. Really bad house keeping. Holes in walls. Bed bugs and bugs in room.Room smells very bad. Furniture broken, missing and unusable. Really rude staff. In a previous post, they said the motel had new owners. NO TRUE. They are just changing brands. It'll be the same issues. Choice hotels should be embarrassed by this property. Just stay away!!!!!

Room Tip: Another motel