“Recently Remodeled Rooms”

Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Birmingham, Al
“Recently Remodeled Rooms”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stay at the Hampton Inn near Pensacola Airport for long weekends several times each year. This time were there for the Blue Angels, and we had a room that had been completely renovated. The furnishings were very nice and I loved the leather ottoman/coffee table. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was very well done with gorgeous granite counter tops. They also had new flat screen TVs, carpet, you name it - everything was was completely redone. Cool artwork too!

This hotel is very close to restaurants, the mall, Sacred Heart Hospital, Pensacola Junior College and the airport. It's about 15 minutes from downtown and 20 minutes from Pensacola Beach. Don't miss going to Joe Patti's Seafood downtown, the Naval Air Station, and of course the beautiful beaches.

Breakfast was good, with waffles, bagels, cereal, fruit, and things like that. There was plenty of variety. We also enjoyed the swimming pool after a long day at the beach. We didn't use the gym, so I can't comment on that.

We received excellent customer service and fast check in from the front desk. Housekeeping was well maintained, and we didn't have a single issue that needed correction. Overall, this is a great value and a nice property that is very conveniently located.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank BamaRowersMom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I did not expect much when I booked here, as I just needed a place to stay by the airport, but boy was I in for a surprise. Check-in was smooth, even though I was early, I had no problem getting a room, while my co-worker had to wait an hour to get one :) The lounge was huge and beautifully decorated, as was the entire hotel. The rooms and bathrooms were spacious, and the comfy beds that I am used to from Hampton. This hotel is in-par with 'Marriott' branded hotels (I am not kidding) and only if all Hampton's were like this, I would stop staying at Marriott. If you need to stay by PNS airport, I suggest & recommend this Hampton Inn. Oh and by the way, the hotel front desk staff is awesome!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jb_ta
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed one night at the Hampton Inn for business and found this hotel a wonderful place to stay. it's located right outside the airport but I didn't notice any airport noise at all. It's also located very close to Cordova Mall which makes shopping and grabbing a bite to eat easy. I booked a King room and ended up upgraded to a King suite which had a recently remodled bathroom. it overlooked the pool area which has a covered patio and a grill. No hottub. There is also a small exercise room. They were doing work in the majority of the rooms on the 2nd floor (painting and new flooring) so there weren't many people on the floor which was kind of creepy at night. There was no noise due to the work, but there was a smell of paint. Nothing horrible though.

The staff was very nice. The night I was there they hosted a reception with beer and wine but I had other plans so I was unable to attend. Breakfast in the morning was your standard continential fare with some eggs, turkey sausage and steak, egg and cheese hotdishes.

Overall I found this to be a great place to stay and I would recommend this hotel to other travelers including those with kids.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jubeefish
Forestville, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I contract with a company who does seminars at the Hampton Inn, Pensacola.
As a business traveler, I was very delighted with the "it would be my pleasure" attitude of everyone at the hotel.
I love the location. After a tiring flight, I was delighted to see that it was the first hotel as soon as you exit. It was raining and my Garmin wasn't working.
From the service with the meeting room, to breakfast to the cleanliness of the room. Everything was brilliant. This hotel is not in walking distance to other restaurants etc. But the mall and restaurants are just a short drive.
Internet works fine as I am using it right now to do this review.
Thanks everyone at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank spachick
Bothell, WA
Reviewed 28 January 2011

As a Hilton Honors Silver member, we usually try to stay in hotels associated with that chain. After our experience with Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport, we will have to rethink that. We stayed Sep 29, 2010 in Room 307. When we entered the room, there was a strange buzzing sound. On investigation, it turned out to be an electric ozone 'odor eater' type of machine sitting on the floor next to the bed. We called the front desk & maintenance came & took it away. When we looked around the room, it was obvious that they were in the middle of redecoration.
White ceiling paint was 2" down the wall [so they hadn't repainted the walls yet].
The ceiling in the entry looked like it had been recently sprayed [poorly] because it had a stripe effect with old & new white paint.
The top of the TV and desk, even the bedside lamp & light bulb were covered with dust & white ceiling Spackle bits.
There was no edging strip between the tile & the rug, so the rug was frayed & unravelling.
The room was freezing cold.
The bed was poorly made, with the fitted bottom sheet half on & the corner sticking out about 4 inches at the head of the bed.

All in all - it was a room not ready to be rented, and yet it was. Either the communication between the front desk & the maintenance crew is very poor, or they were way over booked - although we didn't see that many people in the hotel.
If this is the class of room they assign to Hilton Silver guests, I'd hate to see what the average customer gets. Maybe they just give you the paint brush & tell you to get on with it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ParrotheadWA
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We flew into Pensacola. I read the reviews on hotels in the area and I was not impressed with many of them. I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn and was glad that we did. We have stayed in hotels in the area ,and as many reviews indicate, the rooms smell musty. Our room was spotless, and there were absolutel no odors. I can't say enough nice things about the staff! We will definitely stay here again. We had an early flight out. The staff reminded us the night before about the "breakfast on the run". It was waiting for us when we checked out. There is also a shuttle to the airport, which is a plus. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank McDowB
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My stay was short but memorable! The location couldn't have been better! After arriving at the airport, all I wanted to do was check into the hotel which was conveniently across the street! The front desk was extremely helpful and accomodating! The rooms were squeaky clean and very comfortable! I was quite surprised to see that the continental breakfast offered a variety of choices and I noticed how the staff really took there time out to make sure we enjoyed the food! I would definitely stay there again the next time I visit Pensacola.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business