Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I usually do a lot of research before I book a hotel but this Hampton Inn was ranked #1 so I just picked it. I had the points and for some reason, my kids love Hampton Inns.

The front desk staff was very friendly and even though we checked in late, we were still able to enjoy a little bit of the complimentary happy hour. The room was clean and comfortable.

Unfortunately, the next morning we didn't find the staff at breakfast to be as friendly. My wife and I both got the feeling that they couldn't get us out of their soon enough so they could clean up. Additionally, one guest was using the waffle iron continually to make waffles that she appeared to be taking to the room. I didn't want to cause a problem, but I felt the staff members, who walked by her and her pile of waffles numerous times, would have nicely reminded her that other guests might want to use it. Additionally, part of the facility was under construction, so my wife was not able to use the gym. Had I read the reviews prior to booking, I would have known about that.

All that said, the negatives were minor and we would definitely stay there again. The location was central to the activities we were doing and we were happy with the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SMGator89
Catherine M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

SMGator89,

Thank you for the review regarding your stay at our property. We work hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable experience during their stay. We strive for excellent customer service and I will remind the breakfast host how imprtant this is to each and every guest. The renovation of the workout room will be finished this week. I realize how important workouts are for you to start your day and I apologize that this was an inconvenience to you and your family. Again, thank you for the review and feedback.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Easy to get to from airport and not far to beach. I'd stay here rather than stay on beach if I went back the drive was easy and took only about 20 minutes or less. The staff was very helpful with other area of interest for us. A really pretty good breakfast was included to start your day.

Room Tip: sosrry I just asked for 2 beds and that is what we received.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jmlMpls

Hello jmlMpls,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. We as a hotel work hard to ensure every guest has a great experience during their stay, and it seems like you did. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Pensacola.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Like all Hamptons a nice experience, located right at the entrance to the airport. Here's the problem, there's a fan in the bathroom that cannot be turned off, the stronger the wind blows outside the louder the fan is. This doesn't bother most people but if you are a light sleeper you hear it. Do you really need to design a hotel with constant noise?

Room Tip: If you don't like the tap water in any hotel the excercise rooms almost always have a 5 gallon b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sawdust444

Hello sawdust444,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. We are currently renovating our fitness center and we will have a new Aqua Verve water fountain in the room. I do apologize about the noise from the roof during your stay. This only affects certain rooms on 4th floor on certain days. We have made notes for your next stay to ensure you have a great night's sleep. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Pensacola.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

You cans see it from the airport and it was 1 block away from where we conducted our business. Nice rooms and comfortable beds as always. No complaints at all. Most people would stay at the beach and I would too, but we had things to do right where we were and needed to fly the next day very early.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gina M

Hello Gina M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We think you summed it up in those few sentences about our hotel. We are near the airport and our shuttle can take you up to a mile radius around the hotel which includes the airport. We hope to see you here again the next time you need to conduct business.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I always stay at Hampton Inn, They are beautifull clean facilities, and kind staff. We chose this Hampton because it was right next to the airport and we were only staying two night. It was very clean and the staff were all very courteous and friendly. The free airport shuttle was nice as well. The breakfast was really good as we were only expecting continental but they had eggs, sausage and waffles...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BOBBY J

Hello Bobby J,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review about our hotel. Your kind words regarding the staff will be brought up during our next Employee Luncheon. We love what we do and I think it shows in our work. Hampton Inn's are really working hard on keeping the breakfast up to date and with a wide variety of different options. We hope you will choose use again the next time you are in Pensacola.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I like Hampton Inns and look for them anywhere I stay on personal business. I was in Pensacola for 3 nights in February, and I found this Hampton to live up to my expectations. The room was clean, the bathroom had plenty of towels, and I loved that my room had not only a couch, but a microwave and fridge.

I used the gym every day that I was there and it was fine. I only wish it had been air conditioned.

As always, they serve something for everybody at breakfast -- and I was able to stay on my low carb diet with their offerings. I especially love that they offer fresh, hot coffee 24/7.

The staff were alway helpful and accommodating.

I really liked being near the airport, as I had to return a rental car and catch a very early morning flight. Car rental return was a piece of cake! I always travel with a sleep sound machine, so I never heard any planes while I slept, so I got peaceful rest while I was there.

The hotel is centrally located to everything, so you can't go wrong selecting this hotel for your stay in Pensacola.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nose4roses
Catherine M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Hello nose4roses,

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at our property. We are currently renovating our workout room and it will be double in size and will have its own AC unit. We will also have new cardio equipment and free weights. Our staff understands the importance of guests who have flights and we try to make everything as easy as possible for our guests. I hope you will choose us the next time you are in Pensacola.

Catherine McLaughlin

Reviewed 7 February 2013

What started as a hectic, stressful day ended up being a pretty great day! We were booked on a 9:00am flight out of Pennsacola, and after being loaded on the plane, were told to unload. We waited 4 hours in line to get rerouted, and were told our flight would be the next day. The airline put us up in this hotel, which was beautiful, and very accommodating. I was traveling with my two children, and they gave us a suite with 2 queen beds in one room, and pull out sofa in a living room, that was attached to a full kitchen. The front desk has free movies to take back to your room, and there is free popcorn in kitchen too! They have a basketball court, and the kids headed out there while I grabbed a cup of coffee, that is offered in the gorgeous lobby all day long, and then I found a lounge chair by the pool and watched them play. The outdoor pool was very clean, and when the kids were done with basketball, they took a swim. The water was cool, but they were brave, and enjoyed a few minutes anyway. A free hotel shuttle took me to a nearby grocery store so I could get some food and snacks for the evening. I called when done shopping, and he was back to get me within a couple minutes. Very nice service Hampton Inn!!! We snuggled on the couch and watched a movie in the evening. The free hot breakfast was up and running when we got to the lobby at 6:00am. The shuttle was sitting outside, and we hopped on after breakfast, and were there in a snap. I can't say enough good about this hotel. The staff was friendly all over this hotel. Would definitely recommend to stay here!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jilly070

Dear Jilly070,

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. I think you pretty much summed up everything that we offer at our hotel, so thanks. We appreciate your feedback and I will pass along your review to my staff. We hope the next time you need to stay in Pensacola you will choose us again.

Catherine McLaughlin