Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here at The Hampton Inn earlier this week for work. It basically sits at the entrance to the airport and not close to the beach should that be your destination. There are plenty of nearby restaurants and a mall should you need something you forgot as I did on this trip. The Hampton Inn check-in process was swift and easy. The front desk clerk was polite and pointed out the happy hour of free beer/wine and apps as well as breakfast hours. My room was behind the elevators and while it really did not bother me the first night, I did get my room changed without issue from the front desk who was again swift to change my room. The rooms were clean and had plenty of work space to lay out my laptop and paperwork. The bathrooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The happy hour was for 2 hours and plenty of guest attended. I wanted water for the room after and went to buy some from the front desk and the desk clerk suggested I take some free bottled water from the happy hour. Duh!. Anyway, that little pointer will stick with me when considering a return to Pensacola.The breakfast was your standard fare and the staff certainly was friendly and helpful so be sure to show your appreciation. I will probably stay here next time as opposed to my other hotels choices in the nearby area.

Room Tip: select a room not near the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tony K
HamptonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear TonyK1968,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your feedback and thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
It is great to hear that my staff was able to take care of your concerns quickly and in a satisfactory manner!
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the soon-to-be-sunny Pensacola, FL!

If I can further assist you in any way, do not hesitate to contact me!

Stefanie Popp
(850) 478 1123 x505

2  Thank aggieband
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here two nights while visiting Pensacola. Although the hotel is near the airport, driving downtown is a quick 15 minute trip. The roads don't seem to get jammed here as in other cities. We had a King Suite and it had a huge bathroom with two sinks and a shower with multiple showerheads - I could pretend I was in a car wash! Lots of parking and close to many restaurants - many are easy to walk to, including those at the Cordova Mall. There is little to no airport noise. Breakfast area was clean and had a nice selection. Very nice stay.

Room Tip: Get a suite so you have that extra room.
2  Thank LetsGetGone
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I made an error on my reservation and the clerk at the front desk (Michael) saved my entire trip by finding us a room at the same (government rate), cancelled the 'no show' charge from the night the reservation was incorrectly scheduled, told us about the free 'park and fly' program and advised us that the shuttle started running at 4:00 AM (our flight left at 6:15) so we could leave our car and fly with no worries. The room was perfect, we got a good night's sleep, caught our flight without hassle and were greeted with a return shuttle trip to the hotel when we returned two days later, picked up our car and left. It was super convenient (walking distance to the airport) and the service was outstanding.

1  Thank aggieband
Reviewed 26 February 2014

A bit pricey for my needs but I could not speak more highly of this inn. I just needed a place to put my head the night before an early flight. I was able to leave my car at the hotel during my trip and that was a big factor in my choice of where to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very nice....Great location.....clean...close to airport....restaurants....very nice managers reception...on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (I think)...very friendly front desk staff.....I will come back next time business takes me to Pensacola.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed almost exclusively at Hampton Inns for better than 5 years. The benifits of Hilton Honors, free WIFI, and free hot breakfast being my main points of alliance. Over the past year or so the variety of breakfast choices have gotten so grim that I have started staying with other chainst to find something better. This particular hotel is fine - the rooms are smaller than most (no sofa in the rooms with two queens), but everything else is about the same. I am just less enthusistic about Hampton as a whole as I used to be.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business