“All that they promised - and more.”

Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Martinez, GA
“All that they promised - and more.”
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We could find nothing to complain about during our 3-night stay. We were a little hesitant because it's right at the entrance to the airport, but we heard maybe three or four planes while we were there. (The flight pattern must be in the other direction.) Upon check-in, we were upgraded from a room to a suite - which was a pleasant surprise. Everything was in tip-top shape, and we had the very sufficient complimentary breakfast every morning. A newspaper was delivered outside our door each morning, too. In our opinion, the rate was very reasonable - especially considering that we stayed in a suite, not just a room. This location is perfect - within a couple of blocks of shopping and dining, about 10 minutes from Downtown, about 20 minutes from the beach, and right at the airport (if that's something you would need to use). The hotel personnel were very courteous and friendly. If I had to list one inconvenience, it would be that the elevators are all the way at the back of the hotel, and our suite was all the way at the front of the hotel when we got off the elevator! All in all, though, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2010

If you are looking for a hotel near the airport this one works. It is pretty standard Hampton fare. My room had a stand up shower (no bath) and I wasn't told in advance. I don't care but if you want or need a tub make sure you ask. The breakfast is pretty sparse - especially for an airport hotel charging $130/night. Staff are quite good - knowledgable of the area, friendly and they speak English.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
destinflyboy
Reviewed 2 August 2008

My wife and i live only 1 hour away from this hotel and we have booked it now 3 times over the past year just to get away from our home for a "mini vacation" over a weekend. from the absolutely spotless housekeeping, helpful staff, location in the city, and VERY Comfy beds this hotel ranks high on my list of favorite hotels.....iv even stayed at some hotels for $400 a night that were not at the level of pleasure this hotel is at. im writing this review now because i was looking up the phone number so we can can stay there tonight.

Stayed May 2008
BOS
Reviewed 12 June 2008

Stayed here on business for two nights in June 08. While the bed is the standard (great) bed that Hampton Inns all have, the rest of the furniture and amenities in the room could have used updating... old desk with a small wooden chair, TV on it's way out, wall unit AC that was VERY loud (and not terribly efficient). All of that could have been overlooked had it not been for the complete lack of working internet access, and the inability of the tech support staff to fix the problem. I know, the hotel isn't an ISP, but when I travel for business, I have an expectation that the property will deliver on the "free internet" it boasts. Thankfully, there was a Panera around the corner and I was able to get some work done. To the staff's credit, they refunded me one night (without prompting), and were friendly, courteous and apologetic.

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — lack of internet access
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 April 2008

I do a lot of traveling with my job and tend to stay at Hampton Inn's or HGI's while I am on the road. I was in Pensacola for a little two day vacation and stayed at the Hampton Inn - Cordova. The hotel staff was very friendly, the morning breakfast was nice, the hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. The only thing I would recommend would be to have a refrigerator/microwave in the room. That would have been nice. But other than that I have no complaints...

• Liked — how clean it was
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
panama city
Reviewed 25 January 2008

We always stay here before our flights. We like to take the 6 am flights and their shuttle starts at 4 am. Everyone at this hotel is friendly and they really try their best to help. Rooms are clean and spacious.I would't stay anywhere else.

• Liked — Close to airport and resturants
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank travelwithmisty
Italia
Reviewed 10 January 2008

Never stayed in a Hampton Inn before. Must admidt I had a great stay there. Next morning I had to take an early flight and the shuttle was provided by the hotel. Apart from that, very clean room, new, and with a lot of space.

• Liked — New room
  • Disliked — -