“DO NOT STAY HERE FOR GOODNESS SAKE”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Central Florida, Florida
“DO NOT STAY HERE FOR GOODNESS SAKE”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Staff was nice. Only positive thing. Room was smelly. Room was dirty. There were stains all over everything, including TV, desk, bed, walls...GROSS. Bedding is scary looking. The bed had barely any bedding. Pillows look like they came from a junk yard. It was truly awful. Please don't stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank GreenGables78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2012

this was another 1 of the worst hotel stays i have ever had... the bedbugs, fleas, roaches, n more bedbugs were TERRIBLE... i complained to GM whose name was Mr. Miller said that must have brought them with me ... Hes very rude as well as unprofessional... The housekeeper whose name was Nicole was very polite as well as helpful with trying 2 help me get another room...Was moved 2 another room which was full of fleas was just as bad.. again i complained to Mr. Miller n he acted as though he didnt give a DAMN about my complaint.. I asked to speak to the owner which later found out is the same owner of Baymont Inns & Suites. Im trying 2 understand how can people own Hotels n dont care about the conditions of the rooms, take misleading pictures, false advertisement about stuff they dont have then turn around & threaten to call the COPS on u because they arent doing there jobs right? This 2 was a TERRIBLE stay but,at least the rooms were cleaner, smelt better,as well as nicer employers than the BAYMONT. Americas Best could have been a much better if not have been 4 the bugs... BEDBUGS FLEAS n MORE BEDBUGS... WILL NOT STAY AGAIN...SERIOUSLY NEEDS AN EXTERMINATOR FOR THE PESTS as well as an OWNER or OWNERS who value their CUSTOMERS........

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sonya l
alabama
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stopped here on a weekend beach trip because the Blue Angels were in town and pickings were slim. The rate was quite reasonable, and I guess you get what you pay for because this place was absolutely gross. There was a beer can that was left on the steps leading up to the second level and it was still there the next day when we checked out. The dumpster was sitting right in plain view in the parking lot and it was overflowing with garbage. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in our room to find that it was smelling clean, but that ended the moment we stepped into the bathroom. It REEKED of urine and when we looked, the toilet had about an inch of standing water behind it - at least we think it was water. My husband just threw a couple of towels down and said to leave it be. We just wanted to go to sleep, wake up, and get the heck out of there!

I wore shoes when I was in the restroom and wouldn't let my son go in unless he had his shoes on, as well. All in all, this place was the worst hotel I've ever had the misfortune of staying in and I will never pick it again. I'd give it less than one star if I could.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MW66325
Carencro, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was the worst hotel i have every been in, the pictures you see on the video is a total lie we had four rooms and not one was together as a group. Very old and smelly had to purcahse sheet would not sleep on the ones they had just bad PLEASE NO ONE GO TO THIS PLACE!!!!!

Room Tip: Nothing Good
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We booked and paid for the room on advance, with an online deal, so er couldn't cancel once we checked in. When we got to our room, there was trash in the trash can and a smudge on the desk. We told housekeeping and they did take care of it.

The hotel advertised a free breakfast but when we asked about it, we were told they hadn't served breakfast for a year.

The pool had many broken bricks around it and the light was coming out of the side of the pool wall, not safe.

The shower had a lot of scum and mold and the fan in the bathroom was broken.

Not Americas best, by far.

• Stayed June 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Before I made reservation on Americasbestvalueinn.com in late April 2012, I used Priceline.com to search for lodging availability in Pensacola, FL. Priceline.com's website displayed that free breakfast is offered at America's Best Value Inn and Suites at 7200 Plantation Road, Pensacola, FL 32504. When I arrived at the facility, I was told they stopped offering free breakfast more than a year ago. The manager said he was not aware that Priceline.com advertised wrong information. He was not apologetic. Although he said he will contact Priceline, it is hard to believe that I would be the only disappointed customer who booked this facility through Priceline's misleading advertisement and no one at America's Best knew or did anything about it.

My sons and I stayed in a ground-level room that had no hangers for cloths. Front desk said they do no provide hangers. The TV did not work because there was no cable wiring. The minifrige did not work because its control knob was missing.

My wife and my three daughters stayed in a different room on the second floor across the building. The motel was not able to give us two adjacent rooms. She said shortly after midnight, people congregated near her room, and someone actually opened her room door. Fortunately, her room was chain-locked. Since she was very disturbed, I chose not to tell her that the same thing happened at my room as well that night.

This is the worst motel/hotel experience that I have ever had. I am thankful that my family was not harmed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Yishih
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The first thing I noticed was old urine still on the toilet. Since it was late I decided to clean it myself but then stopped short of doing The whole toilet so that I could have someone from house keeping see what was going on in these rooms. The next morning I took my cleaning rag down to the front desk to show them what I had wipped from The toilet. The girl at the front desk seem very uninterested but said that it would be taken care of. I also pointed out several other areas of the room that needed to be taken care of. After being gone all day I went back to my room to find out all they had done was drop off some clean towels and didn't even make the bed! So back to the front desk I went. I asked the young man at the desk to accompany back to my room to see in person just how filthy this room was. He was to busy. The next morning I went back to the front desk to put something in writing and was told that my complaints were not justified and if I complained again I would be kicked out of the hotel. I left I could go on more about what happened that morning but by now you can get the jest of what goes on in that hotel. It truly was my worst hotel experience I've ever had. Just because it is a budget hotel doesn't mean filthy and rude. Went down The street to the Holiday Inn and found a beautifulhotel to stay in for the rest of my trip. Had to pay mote here but well worth it

• Stayed April 2012