“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I recently booked and stayed at this location for four nights. I was VERY pleased with the extent of customer service that I received. Nichelle and Yash at the front desk were wonderful! I traveled alone and felt very safe. This hotel is located in the parking lot of Pensacola University Mall, by JC Penney, and there are several restaurants within walking distance. Although the furnishings are a bit outdated, the hotel room, especially the bathroom, was spotless! Hotel policy requires all rooms be cleaned every two days with fresh linens and towels provided as well. The pool area is also comfortable and inviting.

I highly recommend and would stay here again. I had a great experience and the price cannot be beat for location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: I stayed in room #170 and was very pleased with the comfort of the king size bed and the cleanliness...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Average motel just off of the freeway in Pensacola. Getting to the place was a little confusing - the area around the mall is maze-like - but once I got there everything ran just as it should. Check in was quick and the gal behind the counter was very nice, answering all of my crazy questions about the are with a smile.

We have one of the 2-queen rooms that faced the inner courtyard / pool. This meant parking on the other side of the building and carrying our things through a small dark brick corridor (creepy!), which gave me a heck of a workout but my kids loved the echo in the hall.

The room was clean but the bathroom still needed some work. The popcorn ceiling over the toilet and shower area was falling down (didn't notice this until I was IN the shower and looked up) and the bathroom sink leaked all over the counter when turned on. When I called the front desk about both items they offered to move us but 1) these were both minor inconveniences and 2) my two kids and I were already settled in for the night and didn't want to uproot us and move all of out stuff across the motel complex.

Overall the room was good. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the TV channel selection was decent - my three most important things about any hotel room. The outside was clean, well-maintained, and no "strange" people around at all. I felt completely safe around there.

All in all, the kids and I had a good sleep and were off on our trip to Central Florida early the next morning. Thanks, guys, for a good stay!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool have less freeway noise but that means a lot walk with your stuff!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a very nice place, with big clean rooms. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Great service and great accommodations. The pool makes it a perfect place for the family. Definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and will surely stay here next time we visit Pensacola!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ABVIPCOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Rikita,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Positive reinforcement for our staff is always very pleasing and a great way to ensure our service level always remains high. The pool you mentioned is actually one of the largest hotel pools in Pensacola!! The pool setting we have is always very popular and fun to be around especially in the summer months and we hope the next time you are in or passing through Pensacola you stay with us again so you can enjoy the nice warm weather and our swimming pool! Your generous words for our staff and hotel are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed with this hotel for a little over a month while transitioning to move. It was me, my mom and my 3 small boys and we were accommodated with a 2 room suite. It had 3 beds, 2 full
bathrooms, a full size fridge and a stove top. It was perfect for us and it was very quiet, never had an complaints or problems. The front desk staff and housekeepers were all very friendly an helpful. Will stay again when i visit.

• Stayed: January 2014
pina p, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Southergurl28,

Thank you for your very positive review for our property. Your positive reinforcement really helps our hotel and especially the staff! We are aware that our property is not brand new with all the bells and whistles and we are glad you noticed that we truly strive to make sure our rates are low, service is great, and rooms are clean for our guest. Thank you again for your positive review; we hope you chose our hotel again when you and the family are back in the Pensacola area.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Why are you reading the reviews?
You've seen the rating, you know the [low]price, so move along. Or, just grin and bear it.
I chose the latter, and during some post-trip reminiscing, decided I must submit my gripe for others to read if in search of some humor.

Firstly, if I really wanted revenge on this place,( as many reviewers do) not leaving feedback would be the best thing long term, since feedback from customers is invaluable insight for a business to better position themselves. That being said, I must share my experience. America's Best Value Inn, You are welcome for my honest appraisal of your establishment. Please know that any criticisms are offered in a constructive light.

Poor college grad/bachelor here - so I'm no accommodation a snob, and very easy to please. Found this place on a mobile device, and so I missed the reviews.

Pulled in exhausted from driving, at 2am. See a lot of ghetto-rims on old beater cars(first warning).

Notice multiple shady characters hanging out smoking cigars on the balcony at this late hour. Clearly they were: (a)Drug dealers,(b)Pimps, or (c) "clientele" of option (b).

Clerk buzzed me into the lobby('nother warning) and I get a room. Had trouble finding it( did clerk say to the right and up a level, or up and to the right?), so I drove back and forth twice in my car looking for a safer looking spot to park, out of sight of the gentlemen attentively watching my every move from their 2nd floor watchtower. My hopes were out of sight would be out of their minds, and I might avoid a break-in and loss of the valuables I was traveling with.

I thought very hard about just taking the hit, and leaving without even seeing my room. Alas, my drive to save a buck kept me there.

After finding a spot to park I grabbed most of my valuable belongings, and took off for my room.

Room "felt dirty" as soon as I opened the door. Stunk. Was damp and mildew ridden. Had a very strong smell of chemicals.

With chair jammed under doorknob(locks weren't secure), I peeled back covers and slipped in- clothes still on. Expected car to be gone/looted in the morning.

The following morning, I showered, and upon reaching for the towels, found a large stain that led me to believe that housekeeping hadn't provided enough toilet paper for the prior guests. unfortunately ( Really, fortunately) I am not able to local the photo I took, so your imagination will have to fill in the details.

I grabbed my bags, threw my door card at the reception desk, and got the heck out of dodge.

Room Tip: #1 go elsewhere. If you're brave: Try to be closer to the entrance where there is better outs...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank andy g
ABVIPCOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Andy G,

We want to apologize to you for the unsafe feeling you got while at our hotel, and as most of your review was in regards to your perception of the safety of our hotel we are glad that you confirmed that your car was just fine in the morning, none of your valuables were missing and you were able to throw your key at our front desk agent on the way out. Our hotel has a wide variety of customers and we do not judge or rent rooms to guest dependent on their skin color or car type that they drive. We regret that you would want revenge for whatever reason with our hotel but please remember that there are several employees (front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, etc) that depend on this hotel and its customers for their own families and well being.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Upon waking up at 2 am fron bites, i captured 2 bed bugs in a cup and went to the front desk. While the parking lot was no whete near full, i was told no more rooms. I was given a refund, and asked to leave

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank npcdan
ABVIPCOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We do have a policy in place for reports of any types of bugs and the local professional pest control company that we use recommends that any time there is a mention of bugs in a room; that we should avoid moving the guest to another room as bugs maybe transferred from guest luggage and personal items. As you are aware in our business we have guest from all over the world and even though we have a very detailed process to inspect rooms we can not go through all of our guest items and we would never want to blame the guest for bringing bugs into our rooms so that is why we do not move the guest to another room.

We are extremely apologetic for the hardship you experienced at our location and hope that you understand why we have this policy in place. We would never breed bugs in our business and have many strategies in place to make our hotel as comfortable as possible for our guest. Thank you for providing your feedback to our hotel; we will use your experience and feedback to learn and do better for all of our future guest.

Guest Relations - ABVI

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We booked this hotel through Travelocity for a weekend vacation for my daughter to enjoy the beach. Traveling from Georgia and arriving there I almost passed out. It looked like a low budget, drug infested place. I never checked in after smelling piss on the outside as I stepped out of my truck. As I got closer to the door the smell got stronger. The doors was filthy on the outside. I wouldn't put my hand on the knob at all. This hotel or motel whatever u want to call it is a disgrace. I went into the lobby to let the representative know I was not staying there. He told me I had to call Travelocity to request my money back. After being on hold for 2 hrs I finally got someone and made a complaint to them. I strongly advise any and everyone to bypass that hotel in a quickness.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank G U
ABVIPCOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

GU,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are currently under new management and we are really trying hard in every department to ensure that we are doing the best we can to exceed the expectations of all our guest. I am sorry for the delayed responsive time you experienced but as we mentioned to you at the hotel; that when a reservation is booked via Travelocity; unfortunately for our guest they have to cancel through the same avenue. We really wish we could cancel the reservation for you, and we can but the guest still has to call Travelocity to get their money returned. We know it is a process that really needs to be made easier but it is a process that is controlled by Travelocity and not our hotel.

We are not sure why you felt unsafe or smelled urine in the parking lot; we are located right off the interstate, right next door to a shopping center that is under massive renovations, and next door to many other hotels and restaurants as well. We are of course considered an outdoor property, meaning that you go into your room from the outside not through a hallway and maybe that might of been why you incurred some smells, but our staff is listening and we have implemented a new practice for our maintenance department to wash the sidewalks and parking lots MORE often so that these types of issues will be resolved for all future guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and we hope you will give our new management and very hard working staff a chance to prove our positive changes to you in the future.

Guest Relations ABVI