“Average hotel but would not stay again”

Fairfield Inn Pensacola I-10
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Ball, Louisiana
“Average hotel but would not stay again”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The staff was very nice. The lady at the front desk could not have been more sweet or more helpful. But I would not use this hotel again. It's located a good hike away from everything. It took me between 30-45 minutes to drive to Perdido Key and 20-30 minutes to drive to Pensacola Beach. There aren't many places around to eat, and everything nearby shuts up shop early. I was looking for somewhere to eat around 9:30 pm--and everything was closed/empty etc. You'd think being so close to the airport and the beaches this section of town would be more active. It was not. The breakfast was smaller than most Fairfield Inn breakfasts. I don't eat gluten so there was really nothing for me except fruit and yogurt. Other Fairfield Inns I have used had eggs/bacon/sausage. The floor in the elevator had trash on it when I checked in, and the same trash on it when I checked out 2 days later. My room was clean and I did not have an issue with noise or the bed. The bathrooms were very small. I chose this hotel because the price was reasonable but in retrospect, I wish I had paid more and stayed closer to everything.

Room Tip: There is no automatic door so make sure you have someone to help you bring in your luggage if you ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Fairfield Inn is your basic hotel. There is nothing fancy about it. If you need a basic, clean hotel to stay in for a reasonable price, then this is it. It's about a 20-25 minute drive to the beach but the drive didn't seem that long. The bathrooms really need to be updated and the beds do not provide the best comfort, after a couple of days your back can start hurting. The ladies at the front desk were really nice and helpful. There is free breakfast but they served the same thing everyday. My son and I really enjoyed the indoor pool since it rained a lot on our visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Check-in as quick. Our room was on the first floor and had high ceilings. There was a sofa in the room. We didn't check to see if it was a sleeper sofa. I was disapponted that the hot tub was closed. Good location, not far off the interstate.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We only spent one night at this Fairfield Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. As requested we received extra towels and pillows.
All the facilities in the hotel operated flawlessly and we had no complaints at all.
The staff was very helpful and polite, and we received a wonderful, free breakfast.
Of interest to folks traveling on Interstate 10, this Fairfield Inn is right next to it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was the absolute worst Fairfield Inn I have stayed at. Small rooms, dirty, old, in disrepair, easy to find right off the freeway, but not a place I wanted to "hang out" at. Beds were extremely uncomfortable, and dining area was so crammed with tables and chairs you couldn't maneuver around easily at all. I was staying in town for three days, and changed my reservation the second morning to the Courtyard by Marriott, in downtown. A little more money, but a totally different feel to this hotel. I loved the Courtyard Downtown!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed here two nights. It was very convenient for what I needed to get done for work, next to I10. Rooms were clean, comfortable. Breakfast area a bit crowded for number of guests, along with business computer sandwiched in as we'll. breakfast adequate. Has an indoor pool, which I did not get a chance to use.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Slidell, LA
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a fairly new property about a half mile from the interstate. The staff was very friendly and informative about the surrounding area. If your not looking for luxury, then this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: fairly isolated so all the rooms are quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family