“Great Value”
Review of Hampton Inn Perry

Hampton Inn Perry
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were enroute through FL and found the Perry area to be our stopping point. We were delighted to find the Hampton Inn. They have a managers happy hour until 8:00 pm, which includes beer, wine, and mixed drinks, as well as popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, cookies, and chocolate covered strawberries.The beer and wine selections are a bit weak, but the mixed drinks (we had margaritas) were quite ample. All of this is complimentary. There is an outdoor pool, and a fitness room. The continental breakfast has hot entrees. The room was spacious, there is free wi-fi. The beds were comfortable, and the location is relatively quiet. The room rate in March was $98, which I feel is very competitive with other chains that offer less. I would recommend this hotel to travelers, and would stay again if I found myself in this area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2012

As other reviewers have mentioned, you only stop in Perry when you're too tired to drive the rest of the way to your destination. Still, I was very pleased with my experience at this hotel.

Front desk staff was extremely accommodating and very friendly. Apparently they have a happy hour where they offer complimentary cocktails, beer, wine, and snacks but I wasn't feeling well and so I didn't check that out. Sounds nice though. I did have breakfast the next morning, which was very good. They have all different things to choose from (I went with the waffle and some fruit - yum!).

The room was really nice and very clean. Bathroom was great too, with everything you would need and was a nice size. It actually looked almost identical to the bathroom at a Hilton that I stayed at in Orlando. The only thing was a weird mildew smell coming from somewhere in the room that I couldn't quite place. It wasn't overwhelming, you'd just get a whiff of it every now and again.

The prices are a little high considering the area (who goes to Perry on vacation?) but it's definitely worth the stay if you decide to stop.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way further south. We arrived about 6:30 PM in time for happy hour. We were offered wine or bottled beer. There were lots of people sitting around visiting. We found people from our state and took some time to visit - especially after being stuck in a car with just the two of us. It was a good way to finish a day of driving. The front desk also offered bottles of water. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also appreciated. There is something for everyone - cereal to waffles to eggs - bagels. Of course, coffee, tea, and juices. Good stop over hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2012

From the moment we checked in we found the staff to be extraordinarily helpful. It was evident that they thought of each other as much more than teammates.....More like family. The hotel, room and bathroom were all very clean. The night we stayed they had a most appreciated Manager's Happy Hour(s) where they offered wine, beer, cocktails and snacks gratis to all hotel guests. The breakfast was very good too. We will stay at this hotel next time we are in the area. To the hotel manager, Good job!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Perry is not the vacation capital of the world - the only reason to stay there is because you're too tired to drive safely. The Hampton knows this so their rooms are expensive for the location -
Avoid staying on the US19 side of hotel noisy and the room fan did not work. Next time if must stay in Perry would try stay at new HI Express....which is set back from highway more.

Room Tip: not highway side of hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My name is Vickie Rodz.
I've spend with my son Edgar for the first time in this Hotel on Dec. 29-31, 2010. The staffs were very Hospitality and helpful. Therooms that we had stayed was very clean and comfortables. I don't have to say nothing bad about this hoteI in Perry, Florida. The breakfast was awesome and a lot variety They have different kind of breakfast every morning. Im the evening they have a complimentary for the guests such as chocolate fondue, strawberries, wines, cookies, coffee, tea, and much more! I recommend this to my families and friends! My rating for this hotel is a 5 star!!! May GOD bless all! Thanks All!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Borivickie
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We have an annual event in Perry. We stayed here 2 years ago and were very pleased. We stayed here again this year and were just as happy with everything. It looked like the carpet in the room was new. The room was clean and fresh. This Hampton has an evening reception with open bar and nice snacks. The girls who run the bar area really are friendly and keep up with everyone's drinks. Our group really kept them hopping and they were up to the task. The breakfast was nice too. Little boxes of cereal, yogurt and eggs, etc. We will be back again next year. The only negative for me was the room with 2 beds has double beds instead of queens.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travlingal51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perry
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Perry
25 mi away
Super 8 Madison
Super 8 Madison
#2 of 5 in Madison

Been to Hampton Inn Perry? Share your experiences!