“Close call with the ER”

Pepper's Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar
Ranked #22 of 49 Restaurants in Pinecrest
Description: Pepper's Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar goal is to serve the most authentic Mexican dishes prepared by top Mexican chefs. The owner and founder of Peppers, David Gonzalez, was born and raised in Mexico and has fused together his own family recipes along with ones from the other chefs. A great amount of research was done to meet our goals, such as visiting the marketplaces in Mexico to find the top flavors and recipes being used throughout Mexico. We studied the core of Mexican culture so that we can bring back some of that and incorporate that lifestyle to the Peppers brand.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant before many times....and at some point I have reviewed great things about this place... I had not been here un a while and yesterday we decided to go... Upon entering the music was blasting...Luis Miguel (Latin crooner) was invading my every thought... It was not possible to even think much less converse with that level of loudness... The place was empty except for a family of 3 and a couple having drinks at the bar... I asked the server if it were possible to lower the music and proceeded to sit... I ordered a tortilla soup ( which I love) and asked for a special concession that was not on the menu... Chilaquiles with eggs... They stated that one of their offering were carne asada with chilaquiles... If this is "authentic Mexican" then chilaquiles should be awesome right?? Wrong... I had to remind my sever of my soup order and it came out almost together with my plate... It looked gorgeous but upon inspection... This was not chilaquiles at all... They were Nacho chips served with red sauce and cheese under scrambled eggs... They were cold... Chilaquiles are out of the oven!!... Anyway... Strike 2... Had to ask for chips... Had to remind the server of my soup and now this... I returned the plate and asked for chicken quesadillas... My friend kept it simple from the get go... She ordered steak quesadillas... She was served a beautiful plate with a good size portion of steak quesadillas and proceeded to chow down... All of a sudden she states that as she us chewing the steak she chews on something hard in her mouth..she tries to decipher with her tongue and finally pulls a chunk of glass out of her mouth!!!!!.... I could not believe this... She could have cut her mouth.. She could have swallows that and cut up her insides... We could have ended up in ER!!! I quickly called that manager who was already tired of us... After all we came in to make them work..... We showed him the piece of glass... His response amazes me and let me know this place will soon be closing for good!! He said..."oh.. Apparently, we can't do anything right today...." Upset he took the chunk of glass... Started to clear the table and asked the server to cancel the bill... We were not offered apologies, we were not even spoken to anymore by the supposed manager...who's name I did not even get... He was a short middle aged gentleman...I was in total disbelief... These people could have ruined my friends life forever and they did not even say sorry... Never again!! I really hope they do the right thing and close their doors... Its clear they have no desire to serve or work in the restaurant field.... Not recommended ever again.....

Reviewed 3 May 2018

It's hard to find good Mexican food here in Miami. Peppers is our go to. We opt for fish tacos and tostada poblano. Big portions and great salsa.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I visited this restaurant a couple of times.
It has a good combination of Tex-Mex with real Mexican dishes.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I came for lunch, tacos (mix plate) was great! Fresh! Tasty! Service very good, nice people, friendly staff! I do recommend this place!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

So this place suddenly popped up on my social media feed around Christmas of 2017. (But that's another creepy story for another forum..) Have now been to Peppers twice with different friends who also were impressed. Excellent value, great food, attentive service. Miles ahead of that citrus-branded Mexican alternative nearby.