“Brazilian disappointment”

Giraffas Brazilian Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, Latin, Spanish, South American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: #GiraffasUSA Kiss guilty eating goodbye! Giraffas Brazilian Grill serves grilled-to-order, all-natural food that is inspired by the bold flavors of Brazil. Mix-and-match or double your protein in our new menu! Even better: Giraffas Brazilian Grill, located in South Florida and Orlando, offers lunch and dinner with menu items at $9.99 and under!
miami
“Brazilian disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was well lit, clean, and offered a nice family atmosphere. However, the food was a disappointment. We ordered six different plates and only one, the shrimp, was acceptable. The meat dishes were cooked poorly and tasted liked they'd been frozen and prepackaged. I did not feel we got good value for the price. To top it off, they totally forgot my sons order and barely apologized for it. We'll never go back!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank ccaim57
GiraffasUSA, Community Manager at Giraffas Brazilian Grill, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hi there.

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent experience at Giraffas. Food quality and service are very important to us and therefore have passed this review along to management. In the meantime, we'd love to invite you back into the restaurant for a meal on us.

If you could email us at social.media.us@giraffas.com so that we may provide you with more details, we'd very much appreciate it.

Thank you on behalf of the entire Giraffas Team.

Miami
“Food is not the issue here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

As a first timer I was not happy about having to learn a menu with unfamiliar terms while standing in line and being asked if I was ready to order when I wasn't. Ordering was easy either since I had to keep looking back at the menu hanging in the wall to remember which three sides or premium side or sauce I wanted. I thought this was a sit down service restaurant so the hefty price tag for two adults and two kids was a shocker. We sat down and had to move 3 times because it was either too cold, the oddly shaped table was too uncomfortable or dirty. One review here said the place was clean. Sorry, but the floor looked like it hadn't been swept all day.

Not a great start but when we got our food things got better. My picky daughter ate up her grilled chicken and said her rice was the best ever. I have to agree about the rice but the black beans were sorry-- like they opened a can and warmed them up. My son had great cheese burger but didn't like his side salad which he described as dry and warm. My wife loved her steak which was perfectly cooked to medium, grilled veggies, quinoa salad and mashed potatoes. I went with the grilled salmon. I have to say it was a nice portion size, nicely grilled and not dried out. I also had the excellent quinoa salad and grilled veggies. Next time I will pass on the farofa. It was like sand, basically. Maybe I was eating it wrong or something. I asked the cashier for a sauce recommendation to complement my salmon and the recommendation was way off. The food is good which is what counts so I'll probably be back.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Joefern
GiraffasUSA, Manager at Giraffas Brazilian Grill, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hi Joe!

Thanks for your input. We always appreciate insightful comments such as yours. It makes us thrive to do things better. Most of our dishes are certainly very customizable, and that can create some confusion at times. Our staff is trained to help all customers, particularly first-timers, to understand our menu. They should have never rushed you. We'll look into that.

Thank you for your patronage and hope to see you soon again!

Regards,

Michael
Cutler Bay, Florida
“Brasilian Food, Fast/Slow healthy and reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We like all kinds of Fare, especially Brasilian, Argentinian/Uruguayan, Greek and Lebanese. Giraffas is a great place to grab a good quick meal on the run or walk. . . .fresh, production operation without all the franchise normal froo froo! The picana is great and they usually get it right the first time esp rare or medium rare, as you so choose. . . .not as good as Porcao. . .but you get what you pay for, no? It's just clean, good, and smart. . ..like Palacio de Los Jugos. . .smart.

• Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“Good healthy food at a fair price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Chicken,steaks, salads burgers all done very well with fresh flavors. The chicken dish with a side of chimichurri sauce brown rice grilled veggies and delicious quinoa salad for under $10 on real plates with silver ware in a clean fresh modern environment is a great choice for a fast lunch , family meal in a come as you are atmosphere. Fast service also so the kids won't get impatient either.

• Visited April 2013
Florida
“Over Priced Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the atmosphere very clean, and friendly. People service are great. Food was fresh & good portions. As for the menu very pricey for what you get.
If you just want a burger then 5 Guys next door better value.