“A saloon in Florida!”

Jackson Township, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A saloon in Florida!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My girlfriend and I were vacationing in St. Pete Beach and somebody recommended this place to us. They played good music and the dance floor was pretty large. The drinks were reasonable and the waitresses were overly attentive. The cover charge was too high but it was still nice to find a country bar on a beach vacation.

Visited July 2013

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Such a waste of time...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Not even worth one star, dot, whatever the rating is...
We have lived here for awhile and have gone to this establishment on several occasions but tonight we saw that if we weren't the local favorites we were going to be treated like crap... We had a guy shoulder through our little group and stand right in front of us. When I approached a bouncer and said that he was being aggressive and trying to start a fight with us he told me he couldn't leave the door to assist us and then called 5 bouncers on us to escort us out of the bar! I have never been more offended in my life! All we were trying to do was have fun and this guy pretty much kicked us out of the bar and let the other 'bully' do what he wanted. How rude! I grew up in the South - in the REAL country...this bar is lacking respect and has no idea what country is all about!

Visited July 2013
7 Thank TLuvsRocks
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Country Bar in Tampa.. Yes, even better than The Dallas Bull.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

The Trough is great. Unlike the Dallas Bull, which can't decide whether its a night club or a country bar, the Trough is a true country bar. I used to go to The Roundup on thursday nights because it had the cutest girls, and I live right down the street from it. But now its not even close. Judging from the way the crowd has grown over the past year and a half, I know I'm not alone on making the switch. The place itself is waaaaaaay nicer than The Roundup. Instead of a strip mall bar with 9 foot ceilings, you get a huge alone building with 30 foot ceilings. That makes a huge difference when you consider how many smokers a country bar can have. Oh, and did I mention how much cuter the girls are? The owners are really nice people with a genuine concern for the welfare of their customers. The Bartenders are great. (especially Derek, he has quite possibly the best memory of any bartender I have ever seen.) The security has presence, but don't go on power trips. I used to think the Trough was a nice place with a lot of potential. Now that they bring the crowd, it is nice to see that potential being realized.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Adam K
Augusta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not quite like the real thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

As a southern girl, when my Florida friends suggested this place for a night out, I was a little skeptical. I put on my best cowgirl boots and daisy dukes expecting to feel out of place, but apparently everyone wears here. I was even pleased to see some cowboy hats floating around. Overall, I had a fun time, but there were several factors that give it a lower rating. First of all, while the line dancing is the main attraction, it would be nice if every single song did not have a specific dance choreographed with it. It's a bit daunting to try to learn them on the spot because a lot of them are kind of complicated (sometimes I felt like I was in Footloose). They offer dance lessons at 7 PM I believe, but who wants to go to a club at 7? Second of all, this place was expensive. Being a girl, I am used to getting certain perks when I am out. We went on a Saturday night and had to pay a $7 cover fee. Really?! At other clubs, I pay $3-5 dollars TOPS and that's on the rare occasion when I do have to pay. Drinks were pricey too.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Stacie W
Pinellas Park, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Waste of a country bar”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Not a true country bar but a bar for young girls dressed in cut offs and boots looking for a hook up

2 Thank shug2481