Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good Short Stay”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here overnight for a recent business trip. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The location was easy to find from the interstate and I was able to get to destinations in St. Petersburg and Largo with ease. Breakfast was decent in the morning as well. I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
patrickruffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Ssorci15,

Thank you for taking the tme to write a review of our hotel. We're glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Our central location in Pinellas County is one of the best things about our property; so convenient to so much the area has to offer. Thank you for also mentioning our hot breakfast buffet and our hotel's cleanliness.
Thanks again for your kind review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Patrick.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel was absolutely lovely. The decor was very nice, and the room was comparable to hotels with much higher prices. We went to a concert and the location was great. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was pretty good, it actually had some hot items and it was included in the price. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and could not hear any noise from inside the room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Traci S
patrickruffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Traci S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed yourself and we thank you for your kind appraisal of our hotel. We are all quite proud of our little hotel and it makes it all worthwhile when someone takes notice of our efforts. Thank you again!
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I'm not out to negate the opinions of other reviewers. You never know someone else's situation, or their circumstances, or who was in charge or why those people behaved that way, etc.

All I can do is help flesh out the sample size by reporting my own experiences, and I can say that my experience here was positive enough that it warranted taking the time to write.

Strangely enough, it wasn't that I had such a magical experience, it was that the entire thing was BS free. Almost every experience I've had at a hotel, it's like a grab bag. "What's inside? What random problem will happen at THIS one?"

Even one of my favorite hotels in Altamonte Springs has maids that thieve things left behind (this is not speculation, but was unfortunately confirmed) so it doesn't matter sometimes how much money you throw in or how loyal you are.

From the moment I got to this hotel, though, it was like they were expecting me and like I was somehow more important (I'm not. Just a random guy trying to find a place to crash on his way to a wedding). It was smiles, full sentences spoken articulately, very sincere attitudes, patience, quick work and even an early check-in.

I basically paid 90 dollars inclusive of taxes and fees and anywhere else could have reasonably expected to pay 30 dollars more. The room was more than enough space for two people, clean, simply and easily laid out, one of the nicer bathrooms I've seen in terms of attractiveness, amenities and especially space. Nothing smelled, the wi-fi worked and was quick for my fellow traveller, and if there was anyone else in the hotel I could not hear them. The bed was so comfy I got sound sleep despite my colleague snoring his brains out and TONS of traffic just outside the property from 19 that for some reason I couldn't really hear.

Watched some boxing on HBO for free, got food nearby since it's at the center of just about everything, and when we had delays getting out the next day everyone was accommodating.

Oh, and the breakfast. Clean areas, well-maintained, comfortable. People talk about the waffle maker and it is awesome and even though I got up later than I wanted to there wasn't a crowd. Lots of juice and cereal options, the eggs are like most hotel eggs where you suspect they came from a kit but for whatever reason were DELICIOUS. They even had a freaking yogurt bar. I didn't know that was a thing? Sanitary and toppings that would've cost a few bucks on their own if we ate out. It was the kind of thing that actually adds value by being free because I didn't need to eat for another four or five hours (this is more impressive if you know I eat constantly =)

Next time I'm in the area I am definitely coming back to this particular hotel, because I believe I can rely on them for a repeat performance the way it was run (and watching them interact with other guests) and I'll happily recommend it if someone asks.

It does look kind of hard to get into because its side faces the road and you have to hunt for the opening, but otherwise it could be a best kept secret kind of thing.

Like I said, no fireworks (can't speak for the business center, vending machines or fitness center, though they are all there and available and looked pretty snazzy from the outside) but just no headaches either. I love going to hotels and this just lit the fire under my butt to make me remember why I do.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank John F
patrickruffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear John F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a descriptive and frank appraisal of our hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very pleased that you shared your experience here on Trip Advisor. Our goal here is seamless efficiency, with warm and intuitive service that delivers what is required and more, but without being bothersome or getting in the way of our guest's good time. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff and their efforts and please come back any time.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions while researching and then purchasing a condo in the area. Nice touch at the check-in counter with having free cookies for those checking in. :-) Rooms were very clean and quiet. Staff was friendly, didn't act like we were an inconvenience as we have experienced at other hotels. Breakfast was good, staff even had to go options out in lobby, like fresh fruit and packaged muffins. Location is convenient to a few fast food places, restaurants, gas stations and that ever famous Wally World! :-p Would stay again if needed a hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhonda M
Patrick R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear RhondaMac78,

Thank you for your kind review! We really appreciate you taking notice of our staff's friendliness and our hotel's amenities.

It is so nice when I can share a review like this with my hardworking staff, so thanks very much for taking the time to write this review

We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon!

Patrick.
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Came into town for a family vacation. When I walked into the hotel it was just a homey feeling. The front desk people were very friendly and were willing to help with any of our needs. The breakfast was great in the morning. So many options for our family. We met the managers and they we very friendly as well and very helpful. Would love to come back to this hotel and stay on our next vacation!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff S
Dear Jeff S,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have some very friendly people working here and we thank you for taking the time to notice.

We look forward to serving you again,

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We decided to catch a Rays game last minute so finding a hotel close to the game was going to be near impossible we thought. We were very happy with our choice to stay here as the proximity to the field was convenient and the hotel was extremely nice and clean. The staff was great and the breakfast hit the spot in the morning. The king sized bed was also very comfortable and we both slept well.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank abrnrgr2001
Patrick R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Abrnrgr2001,

Thank you so much for your kind review our property. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we thank you for taking the time to share your praise.

We'll see you again soon when the Rays host the World Series!!! (We can hope can't we?).

Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here last week on business. First time In a country inn and was impressed. As nice as the Hampton Inns I usually choose. Comfortable and good sized room with a nice desk and chair, couch and a decent TV. Nice hot breakfast with lots of choices. Staff were very friendly and gave me some great choices for dining (BJs up the street is a great brew house/restaurant). Very pleasant stay, I'd go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaiszen
Patrick R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Executive Chef,

Thank you so much for writing such a praising review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate your kind commentary.

Its seems that many people are unfamiliar with the Country Inn and Suites brand, but we all like to think we are as nice as any Hampton or Fairfield Inn. Thank you so much for taking notice.

I am also a big fans of BJ's, and we are thankful for having such a nice establishment so close by.

Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinellas Park
Comfort Inn & Suites
#16 of 98 in Clearwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clearwater South
Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway
Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast -...
#12 of 42 in St. Petersburg
Hampton Inn St. Petersburg
Hampton Inn St. Petersburg
#9 of 42 in St. Petersburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Peter...
#20 of 42 in St. Petersburg

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater? Share your experiences!