“Came for funeral”

La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Pinellas Park Clearwater
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pinellas Park
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had to change reservations from one LaQuinta to another closer to the funeral and your staff at both hotels was very accommodating and happy to do it. We always stay at LaQuinta when ever one is available and base out stops along the way to find one as you take pets and we travel with our Chihuahua.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014

If I tagged the proper La Quinta Inn (took over 8 months ago and right off of I-75), then I must say it was marvelous. From the time my Mom, sister and I walked in, Christopher met us and made everything so simple and pleasurable. While walking the lobby way in the evening, I met David and he also offered me assistance and told me he worked then night shift. Wow to the service!

The room itself was spacious, had everything I needed and the beds were very comfortable and the pillows agreed with me (and I'm fussy). The breakfast was good and adding b-fast to the bill, made this an overall great deal for us! Christopher checked us out and was a SHINING STAR! Take care of him and you will grow!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We walked into this hotel to find a room after the hotel we had booked online weeks before and checked into next door was a nightmare room. We had a very nice room here for one night for we would stay with relatives after that , our pet stayed free of charge, room was very clean , beds were excellent to sleep in, room had nice flatscreen tv, frig/microwave , entry door from inside hallway and a patio sliding door to out side , breakfast was great, waffles, sausage ,eggs ,ham fruitcups, freshfruits, etc. Would be our 1st choice to stay at again when we come to this area. staff was very polite and helpful. My brother traveled with us and stayed 6 days here his room was poolside area, he really enjoyed his stay , was very impressed with the maintenance dept. that quickly fixed a slamming door and drain stop that did not plug properly, said they were there in no time to resolve the problem. He also rented a car from enterprise they picked him up at the hotel to get the car and drove him back to the hotel when he returned the car. This hotel was a little more than the nightmare one, but well worth the extra money and a whole lot nicer/cleaner!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We've stayed at LaQuintas several times in the past and we've always been very pleased. We were quite surprised at the overall rundown appearance of this motel. Also: the toilet was loose, the bathroom sink was dirty, there were crumbs on the carpet, the walls were dirty & the bedding didn't look "fresh". The breakfast wasn't at all what we were expecting; only cold cereal, and the "fresh fruit" consisted of bananas. We didn't contact anyone at the front desk about our dissatisfaction because, somehow I really don't think they care. From now on I guess I'll ask to see the room before I sign in. Kinda makes me wonder if LaQuinta cares who uses their name.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you check in!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

front desk people need to be retrained...Door to room was open when I checked in because it took a gorilla to close it...A/C unit sounded like a race car...people raising hell until 1:30 in the morning...someone tampering with guests cars in parking lot...only positive here is very convenient location

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed for one night, but the room smelled like stale smoke which makes the whole experience bad. The free breakfast was nice, but I've stayed at La Quinta's before where they had much nicer breakfasts. If you're just passing through and want somewhere inexpensive to stay it is worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had two bicycles cut off the back of my SUV with a bolt cutter the first night I checked in. Tee neighborhood was not apparent until the next morning when the bikes were stolen. The front desk was helpful in getting the police involved and the officer said this was unusual for the area but nevertheless my bikes were gone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
#61 of 98 in Clearwater
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central

Been to La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Pinellas Park Clearwater? Share your experiences!