“amazing”
Review of Paradise Fishing Charters - MOVED

Paradise Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You found the place you want to be when it comes to catching fish!
Reviewed 23 April 2014

i was looking for a charter for my 11 year old son that loves to fish. i could not have been happier. we told Steve what we wanted and that was to catch big sharks and that is exactly what we got. we pulled in 2 sharks over 5 feet and a smaller one and hooked another 2 large sharkes that we were able to see that shook the hook after a good fight. it was literally my sons dream come true.

Capitain Steve and Rich took our request, tailored it to what we wanted and made it happen the whole experence was a pleasure from the time we got to the dock until we went home.

i look forward to coming back to florida and im going to charter the guys without question.

1  Thank joepalisano
There are newer reviews for Paradise Fishing Charters

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Listen, was this the most professional company? No. But it is a guy doing what he loves and it shows. Captain Steve is a fisherman/captain.
I have never been on another charter to compare but Capt. Steve did seem passionate about what he does. He took us out with only 3 of us on board. This was probably just enough to break even for the day. Think about it... Would you work all day for nothing or half of your pay?
Anyways. Could the boat be in better shape? Yes. Did we catch fish? Yes! And that's what we came here to do!

4  Thank JMurray71
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I fish a lot in Canada. We do a lot of inland Saltwater fishing in Florida but this was incredible. Captain Steve's boat had broken a shaft but he made arrangements with another captain and took us out anyway. We caught Amberjack, Almaco Jack, Barracuda, Snappers and Grouper. We were so tired from reeling in big fish it was like a fishing dream. The crew went out of it's way to make the day a success. Steve knows his stuff, period. When it comes to fishing the Gulf you can bank on his knowledge and he knows the spots. I have booked a charter in the Bahamas and the crew never worked like this to make sure you had a good day. I read the bad reviews and all I can say is "oh well", he doesn't have a crystal ball and can't control machines or weather. As for double booking, I can't speak to that, it didn't happen to us. He did ok by us and I would recommend this guy to anyone. In fact we will be going back out with him.

4  Thank boattop
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have always relied on Trip Advisor and have never been let down, I should have paid close attention to the latest review, however, I did not. I made a reservation on Feb. 5th 2014
for a charter on the 17th of Feb, for six friends eager to fish deep sea, Iwent so far as to check out
the boat and talk to the mate of the boat 10 days prior to the trip, I found the boat to be in disrepair
with a shaft issue and looked to be rather questionable as to seaworthyness, The mate, after I questioed him about negative reports In Trip Advisor, shrugged it off and said
"you can't please everyone, some people cannot be pleased " He did acknowledge that Paradise
did have a shaft problem and we would probobly be going on the "Hammerhead" as all the Captains worked together and we would have a good day fishing,

Three days prior to the charter , I attempted to contact the wife of the Paradise Capt. It took her some time to get back to me. When she did, she said she had been busy with things such as picking kids up at school. I was assured that we were all set with the charter and to make sure
we were at the dock at 730 am on the 17th of Feb.

We all got up early got to the dock to find that the charter had been double booked,
All 6 of us were left standing on the dock, According to the Capt. of Paradise this was the 3rd
time in 2014 this had happened. The Capt. made a lame attempt to find us another boat
Get a life Capt. you wrecked our day and all boats were ALREADY out. Time to find another
line of work.

For all who are considering Paradise Fishing Charters in Placida, FL., think again.

This is a poorly run operation with boat and people problems. Don't give it a second
thought.

5  Thank kendoo4u2
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My group has chartered 4 times within the last year and had successful trips, though the previously mentioned engine problems seem to be on going. When I booked the last trip, I called 3 times before the Captain's wife was able to take the call: dropping kids off at school, just going into the store, etc. Finally, I was able to schedule the trip. The wife knew I had guests from out of town and lived 1-1/2 hours South of Placida. She said she would call if there were any weather problems. We arrived at 7:45AM and the boat was still buttoned up. I called them, the wife answered, and told me that there were small craft advisories. She said that she was unable to call me because the cell service was out the day before! Hmmm.....she was talking to me on the cell phone! Could she have made the effort to get up during the night and call or text me about the cancellation? I mentioned that it was time to run the business from a land line. She replied that they DO HAVE A LAND LINE and then said something about returning home late the night before...blah,blah,blah. She offered a slight discount on a future booking, but that would not even cover the gas expanse of driving 3 hours for nothing, let alone the drive fro the replacement trip. The bottom line is that we will never charter with this company again. This is no way to treat a repeat customer, let alone a new customer. They need to run their company professionally,

8  Thank JohnnyK