“very kid friendly and nice overall hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This hotel is a lot better than I could have imagined. Breakfast is a lot better than expected. They keep it well stocked, I been at 7 and at 9 and theere was plenty food options left? Staff is about da only minor complaint I have.. they are nice but when you go to the front desk they have you waiting because they are always in the back.. housekeepin is also excellent and our kids loved the pool and hotub.. you will really enjoy your stay

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here for one night on a Business trip to Lakeland. As a Platinum Member with Marriott I have stayed in a lot of Fairfield's. This by far is the nicest Fairfield in which I have ever stayed. I love the new look and my suite was very tastefully decorated. The staff was extremely friendly and offerred tremendous advise as to where to go out for food and entertainment. The hotel itself is located at an I-4 exit with really nothing else there. This was the only drawback to this property. That said, however, there were lots of dining options an exit away in either direction and actually downtown Lakeland has some very nice restaurants and bars. I believe my mid week rate at the last minute was $90 per night which made this an exceptional value. Should I ever need to stay in Lakeland again, I would not hesitate in booking this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BlueMarlinDave
Reviewed 16 May 2012

First let me start from the people... they are just awesome ! Shuttle car, you can go anywhere you like to, they'll give you a ride and pick you up. Recommend restaurant, shopping mall and help you to find everything you need. Hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere thats the only con of this place, however you have shuttle car available at all the times!

Room, very clean, Bathroom, very clean, Carpets good condition, quite place, it was one of the best hotel experiences I ever had

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Met my expectations for a typical Marriott property, Fairfiled Inn. Not great, but guaranteed to have a decent hotel room. Pretty quiet. Cost was $100 and $89 for AAA rate. Few Marriott properties in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We used our Marriott points and booked 3 nights at the Fairfield Inn to visit some friends in Lakeland and Lithia for a long weekend. We called ahead to let them know we would be arriving after midnight but to please hold the room we requested..a king bed. We were assured there would be no problems. I understand that rewards reservations can not be assured but why did they say no problem? We arrived about 12:45 AM and the parking lot was full so I was glad we called ahead(Seems there were soccer teams at the hotel that weekend) I guess that really didnt matter...we were buzzed in to the lobby and proceeded to check in. The night desk clerk found our reservation but after waiting a few minutes while he checked on the computer his comment was "ok..now we just need to find you a room"..what??? After at least 5 minutes of standing there with nothing being said he finally said..oh here we go...2 beds. Only thing left...is this how they treat elite members?? I simply said..I guess calling ahead means nothing..took the key and went up to the room. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very nice and all in all a good experience except for not having a king bed as requested. It's even on our profile on our Marriott account. That was the only negative thing I can say about our stay. Would recommend this property!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed at the hotel for business, the rooms are really beautiful, new, big and clean. All the public areas are beautifully decorated. The breakfast was very good and the stuff was very helpful ( especially Mini, who was amazing). Complimentary wi-fi and breakfast and very reasonable price- we highly recommend the hotel! Will stay here again

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Needed a place to stay for one night while travelling through Florida. Decided to stay at this hotel because of location, just west of Orlando - a good place to launch from in the morning to go south. Our stay was hassle free. Room was clean, bed comfortable, and the included breakfast a good start to the day. I had a good impression of the place as soon as I walked in - it was modern and sharp looking, clean, and it had everything; a business center, pool, gym, and eating area. Each was on a small scale but they were well layed out and functional. The hotel was easy to get to from I-4, and had plenty of easy parking. Check-in and check-out was fast and desk staff friendly. We stayed on the first floor, just down the hall from the lobby - it made our departure and getting to breakfast real easy.

Room Tip: Room on ground floor makes coming and going real easy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City? Share your experiences!