All reviews front desk yogurt great hotel nice room great staff county line road outdoor pool exercise room bacon first floor spent one night stayed nights wedding weekend business center would stay here again the breakfast area only drawback
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed many times at this hotel and we have never been disappointed in the rooms or the service. Comfort, cleanliness and service make this an excellent place to stay in Plant City. There breakfast options are typical but the hostess is there to help with preparation of any special needs.

Room Tip: Just ask a friendly deskperson.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thanks Randy…for your kind words! We appreciate your repeat stays at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks for recognizing our breakfast hostess...we will make sure to share your review with her.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Orlando. We didn't want to stay in Orlando so this hotel seemed like a good choice. The lady who checked us in, I think her name was Missy, was very nice and got us checked in quickly. The room was a standard room, but the perfect size for a family of 3. The room was clean and well kept. Breakfast was standard Fairfield Inn fare, but it met all our needs. I especially liked the pool area, it was nice that its right next to a field and the cows sometimes keep you company. All in all it was a great stay and I'm sure we will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

A great big thank you for your recent stay…and your kind comments! Missy is a great asset to our property, and we will be sure to share your comments with her. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to our area…and your stay at our property. I hope that should your travels bring you back to our area in the future that we will have the opportunity to serve you and your family again. All the Best!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked 3 nights at this place because we are Marriott fans and this is fairly close to LEGOLAND and Tampa. Stayed 1 night. The room was way too small for a family of 4, and we did not like the setting. Place was clean but the use of Styrofoam plates and plastic utensils at breakfast turned us off. We moved over to the Hyatt Lakeland as recommended by AAA. This place was so much better. BIG rooms, awesome beds, nice location, real plates and utensils, yummy breakfast and just overall classier and more comfortable. Only cost an additional $20/night too. We are now Hyatt fans.

Room Tip: Ask where less likely to hear the train.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Sarah B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I appologize that we did not meet your expectations, as this is what we strive for at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I hope that when your travels bring you back to our area we will have the chance to accomadate you again. If so, please contact me personally(Sarah) so I can insure your comfort.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am a Marriot Rewards member and I have stayed at hundreds of Fairfield Inns'. I was really disappointed with this one. The room was really dirty, there was yellow gunk around the toilet, huge dry drops of conditioner and soap on the shower walls. The sheer curtains had yellow circle stains on them.
When we arrived we noticed there were not any sheets for the sofa bed, we called room service to request a set (the extension rang and rang and rang). After waiting we were told that they had no one to bring them up to the room, if we could come down to get them. Certainly we agreed, we were ready to give them a piece of our mind. Luckily they called back seconds later to say they were bringing them up. Also the closet did not have a laundry bag, only the ticket for service. I needed to have laundry done but decided to not request it as I was going to cancel the second night stay.
Next day we went down for breakfast, they might as well not offer it. The eggs were horrible, there was no fresh fruit, I decided to have a muffin... it was still frozen inside!! When I was done with my plate I could not even trash it... the garbage was piled a foot high over the lid. This hotel is definitely understaffed and is in urgent need of TLC. The manager needs to step up his/her game...not Marriot quality! Cancelled my second night stay.

Room Tip: If looking for value I suggest Marriot Residence Inn a couple of miles away in Lakeland.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations as this is always what we strive for. We have read your comments…..and are reviewing them with each department involved. Please accept our apologies for the issues you have reported. I can assure you that the problems you have described are not typical for our property….as we pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable accommodations and extraordinary service. We are very sorry that we did not provide this to you…and hope that should your travels bring you back to our area in the future that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. Please contact me directly (Nancy) to make future reservations…so that I can insure your comfort. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I worked with Nancy at the hotel to arrange my guest to stay during our wedding weekend of 11/23/13. Nancy and her staff were absolutely amazing! First off, as a bride, you have a million things to do! Hotel arrangements is a priority and I did nothing! Nancy kept me up to date and arranged all of the welcome bags in every room for me. A lot of our family came in a few days before the wedding and the hotel was very accommodating! Breakfast was delicious and they never complained about our late nights in the breakfast nook or by the pool. She even allowed our family and friends to use the breakfast area after the reception so we could all continue to mingle and have a good time. I stayed 2 nights, 1 night with my maids and the other with my husband. Both nights were amazing, rooms were clean and fresh and the staff was very accommodating. Last but not least, Nancy and her staff signed a card congratulating my now husband and I with roses and chocolate! Thank you Nancy and Staff for making this so seamless and being so awesome!! I will always recommend this hotel due to your graciousness and kindness!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Queen suite and a King suite both were amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you Breanne for your wonderful comments! We enjoyed hosting your family and friends and were so pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves. You were wonderful to work with! Best wishes to you and Frank …..may everyday be filled with happiness!