“Thank you for your kindness!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Fort Myers, Florida
“Thank you for your kindness!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We made reservations here for my niece's college graduation. Everything nice in Lakeland was sold out and this was the nicest hotel to find close-by. It took only minutes farther than those in Lakeland. We arrived with car-trouble and just a hectic run around day that marred what should be a celebratory weekend. When I made it to the room the key did not work, the property manager saw my difficulty, called down to the desk, upgraded the room to a suite, and got us in our new room in minutes! It was a lovely suite and I ran down for a beer to help relax and it got better. They have a happy hour with half price drinks. They rest of the family joined us in our hotel room for an evening of laughter and fun.
Thank you to Fairfield! You have kind and caring staff that turned our weekend around!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We were so glad to hear that you and your family had a great weekend. Congratulations to your niece….the recent Graduate! Have a great summer….and we hope that should your travels bring you to our area in the future…we have an opportunity to be of service again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was clean and all staff extremely friendly. We stayed in a king room on the second floor and found the room very modern and relaxing. The bed was extremely comfortable and woke up to complementary coffee in lobby and breakfast. Look forward to our return stay. Thanks Amy and Staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex R
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks for visiting our Fairfield Inn and Suites! We appreciate your kind words and were glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please let us know anytime we can be of service. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Stella, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This is a quiet, comfortable place to stay with a very friendly staff.

There were some maintenance issues with my room. The light over the sink was out, the shower drained VERY slow and there were stains on the curtains. Having said that, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

Be warned, that the only food, that is within a close proximity, is McDonalds (maybe 1/2 mile away but walkable) and a Wendy's across the street. But as of my visit, the Wendy's is closed for renovations and, appears, to be closed for at least another month or so.

Again, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard Fairfield food. The bed was the most comfortable I've had in a Fairfield and the shower pressure was excellent.

I'm not saying to not stay there, but just know you might have some issues or inconveniences.

I will be going back as soon as next week. No hesitations.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank QuahogRob
Thank you for your recent stay with us…and we were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered in your room. It is always our goal for each room to be problem free…please let us know at any time during your stay if your encounter issues…so that we can resolve them immediately. When your travels bring you back to our area ….please feel free to use our complimentary shuttle..which will take you to any of our area restaurants at no charge…leaving the driving to us! The shuttle operates from 7 AM – 11PM daily!
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here once and everything was fine except the walls and floors are very thin and you can hear everyone of your neighbors. When we booked the first time we tried to use a coupon code that was specific for the event we were attending and their system would not accept it, we called them and they said no problem so they added it and changed the rate to the correct rate. The second time we booked the hotel we again tried to use a discount code for the event we were attending but their site was not working correctly and would not accept it, we booked the room as it was the last one left and we did not want to lose it. So we called the hotel and told them about the problem with the discount code and it not working, after being put on hold multiple times we were told that there was nothing they could or would do and the room would be $160 a night even though we were supposed to get the special rate of $99 a night. We explained the same thing happened last year and we were told to do it this way. They said no and said we were going to have to pay the $70 extra per night. Since we did have a guarantee through the website we booked that said if we cancelled before 7pm that day we would not be charged anything. We called the Terrace in downtown Lakeland which is a incredible historical boutique hotel and they said we could get a suite for $89 a night. So we went back online and cancelled the room with Fairfield, received the written confirmation that we WOULD NOT be charged for the Fairfield rooms since we had cancelled in time and had the most wonderful stay 10 minutes away at a luxury hotel, The Terrace for $71 per night LESS. That was great until three days later when we realized Fairfield charged us over $335 when we called they said there was nothing they could do and we said we had the written confirmation of the cancellation and guarantee that we would not be charged. They said it did not matter. We called Hotels.com who we had booked it through and a nice gentleman named Harris took care of the issue. He sincerely apologized for Fairfield charging us and confirmed that they should not have. He said he spoke to the manager personally and was assured they had processed a refund but it could take up to three to four business days. Unbelievable that they would do such underhanded business practices especially for customers that had been so loyal and appreciative in the past. Not sure if they will refund it or if it will be a continued nightmare but rest assured we are done with this hotel. It is one thing to make a mistake but another to be rude about it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelergirlfrom1972
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your past stay at our property and sharing your recent reservation experience with us. I was sorry that I did not personally get to speak with you….as I might have been able to explain what sounds like a frustrating experience for you. It sounds like you were originally trying to make a reservation for a special event…..and unfortunately the cutoff date for the “event rate “had come and gone already. Each group or event “code” is valid for a certain amount of time…which has been negotiated with the specific group..or event. I apologize if those dates were not communicated to you directly. It looks like you did ultimately made a reservation through a third party site not directly with us. Typically these third party sites have strict cancellation policies..with payments in advance or deposits take by them. In these cases, cancellation or refunds are negotiated through them…..although it may seem like you are working directly with the property. I understand that this can be frustrating and apologize that you had such a difficult time. I hope that should your travels bring you back to our area in the future…that you will give us an opportunity to provide you with the excellent service you deserve. Please feel free to reach out to me directly…so I may insure your comfort. I can be reach at 813-757-6202 and ask for Nancy.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I selected this property because of location - close to where I had a meeting. I am a Marriott rewards member and have stayed at several Fairfield locations. My rating is driven by several reasons - there are few if any dining options near the location, everything is a 10 minute drive (they are building a Wendy's in front of the property but not open yet), the vanity was dirty and I had to wipe it down. The workout facility has decent equipment but one of the AC units in the room is not working and there is no water or towels.

When I finished my workout, I went to the breakfast area to find water and there was none. I checked with the front desk clerk indicating my Marriott status and ask about getting a bottle, I was told they don't provide water - so I grabbed one and asked them to charge my room.

There are other properties a couple of exits away that I will try next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Florida! Thank you for your recent stay and providing us with your valuable feedback. We were sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay as our goal is always to exceed your expectations and provide excellent service. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered …..we will address them with the responsible departments so that other guests do not have the same experience. We also would welcome some additional non fast food restaurants at our exit …and are hoping that very soon we will see some become our neighbors. We do have about 75 restaurants within a 7 mile radius of our property…..and should your travels bring you back to our area…..our shuttle would be happy to transport you back and forth so you don’t have to do the driving! Thank you again for your stay and please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of assistance in the future.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed many times at this hotel and we have never been disappointed in the rooms or the service. Comfort, cleanliness and service make this an excellent place to stay in Plant City. There breakfast options are typical but the hostess is there to help with preparation of any special needs.

Room Tip: Just ask a friendly deskperson.
Green Features: They do recycle in the rooms with separate containers for recyclables.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks Randy…for your kind words! We appreciate your repeat stays at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks for recognizing our breakfast hostess...we will make sure to share your review with her.
West Bath, Maine
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Orlando. We didn't want to stay in Orlando so this hotel seemed like a good choice. The lady who checked us in, I think her name was Missy, was very nice and got us checked in quickly. The room was a standard room, but the perfect size for a family of 3. The room was clean and well kept. Breakfast was standard Fairfield Inn fare, but it met all our needs. I especially liked the pool area, it was nice that its right next to a field and the cows sometimes keep you company. All in all it was a great stay and I'm sure we will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
A great big thank you for your recent stay…and your kind comments! Missy is a great asset to our property, and we will be sure to share your comments with her. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to our area…and your stay at our property. I hope that should your travels bring you back to our area in the future that we will have the opportunity to serve you and your family again. All the Best!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plant City
Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Lakeland Terrace Hotel
Lakeland Terrace Hotel
#11 of 33 in Lakeland

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City? Share your experiences!