“One night in Plant City”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plant City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Tavernier, Florida
“One night in Plant City”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is the first time I have even considered writing a review. The professionalism of this establishment. prompted me to do so. After thirty years on the road, I can truly say this was one of the finest, operated, cleanest, and overall an incredible stay. I'm in Sarasota for a few weeks ( one hour away), and am thinking about going up for another night just for the experience of how a hotel should be run.
Owner, and staff, You nailed it!
R. west

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
USA
Reviewed 1 October 2013

There are numerous resturants nearby, so this is a good place to stay while visiting Dinsosaur World or traveling through the area.

The hotel has done a nice remodeling job since my last visit. The room was comfortable and bedding nice. The renovated dining room was bright and modern.

I do not want to miss out on praising some of the staff at this HIE - management please take note. Aaron at the front desk was, once again, professional and friendly and made me feel welcome rather than "just another customer". When a busted light bulb gave me a small issue, Stanley (Stan the Man) was quick to respond and extremely kind. I've traveled to many places and stayed in numerous hotels, but Miss Ann is by far the most considerate and thoughtful hotel employee I've EVER met. I don't have the words to express how much she alone made our stay special. I truly look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SFC31B
Charles H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plant City, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your business and your outstanding review of our property. I am so pleased that you like all of the wonderful changes that were made during our expansive renovation to the hotel over the past 5 months. I am really excited to see you directly mention my wonderful staff and how they carry along our family business atmosphere to all of our guests. They were so pleased to see there acknowledgement and how much you really enjoyed your visit to Plant City and the Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit back to the area.
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was one of the best managed and professionally operated hotels that I have ever stayed in...... and that is saying a lot because I have had to be on the road quite a bit over the last 10 years.

What immediately struck me........was the beautiful new decor and attention to detail and cleanliness throughout the hotel. My room was fresh, clean and well maintained.

When I checked in, the reception desk attendant was well informed, professional and courteous. During the rest of my stay, the rest of the staff was professional.

The courtesy breakfast was very enjoyable. Excellent accomodations.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor........it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank charles b
Charles H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plant City, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you so much for recently staying at our property and for your excellent review. As you know, we have recently gone through a major renovation and really pleased to find that you liked the new décor. Our staff is always working hard to keep a clean, well maintained and professional hotel for all of our guests. We definitely want to make sure that you stay with us on your next trip back to Plant City. See you soon and thank you again for your business.
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was a fantastic experience, the staff was very professional and friendly. The newly renovated room couldn't have been better. The breakfast buffet was beautifully organized & simply delicious. The dining area was clean and I will never stay anywhere else when I visit Plant City.

• Stayed July 2013
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Thank You To Larry For His Professional Service. Best We've Seen At Any Hotel. The Newly Renovated Rooms Are Beautiful. Fun To S ee The New Boards With All Of The Colors And Textures. Bedding Was Nice And Mattress Was Very Comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank PamLM
Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We had to cancel our reservations to this Holiday Inn but we were still billed for all three nights. Avoid booking with Holiday Inn's website due to a non cancelation policy they tell me is there!!!!! I'm out nearly $400 for a room I cancelled!

I travel often, but Holiday Inn doesn't have to worry about my business anymore

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ALBERT Z
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plant City, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Albert Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry the hotel was unable to waive the terms of the agreed upon rate. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers. We do have several rate types that has different cancellation policies. The rates offered depend on the flexibility of the travel plans guest usually have. For heavily discounted rates, these are usually prepaid and does not allow cancellation. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced with your reservation. We always appreciate comments from our guests, and we will use this feedback in making decisions about our future pricing strategies.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. One of our favorites. The customer service was fantastic. The workers were Very polite. Very helpful in every aspect of our stay. The rooms were very clean. Very nice. Breakfast was perfect! Very comfortable beds. Nice comfy pillows. I love how they give you an option of firm and soft pillows on the beds!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland
Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plant City? Share your experiences!