“Bucket list experience, great staff”
Review of Jump Florida

Jump Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2016

My niece booked us, so I can't comment on that aspect, but what I can say, is if sky diving is on your bucket list, this is a good place to do it.
The location is bit sketchy, when you drive up you are not really sure this is the place, the grass landing strip is also your landing spot.
There were three of us and all of our instructors were very friendly and calm. I would suggest not wasting your money on the extra 4,000 feet, the free fall was the worst part of the experience. There is not much training or briefing, you are simply strapped into a harness, told what to bend and when, then you climb on board the jump plane. The plane fits up to 5 jumpers and their instructors, then after reaching altitude off you go - two by two to feel the cold hard wind in your face and revel in the experience of plummeting to the ground !
My niece absolutely loved the video which is an extra $75.00 but well worth it if you are into posting the experience.

All reviews
"thrill"
"florida"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I traveled to Florida for a few days to take my son skydiving for his 26th birthday. I had made reservations ahead of time for the 18,000-foot jump. Their refund policy is that there will be absolutely no refunds, rain checks only. Well, I was coming in from Oklahoma for two days only (primary and back-up day for skydiving). If I had booked on their website and paid in full, and the weather would have been bad on both days, I would have been out nearly six-hundred dollars (anybody who ever went skydiving knows, that it all depends on the weather).

I called the place, and was informed that I could make a down payment over the phone of $25 per jumper, but once again it would be non-refundable no matter what (that’s just plain ignorance in the skydiving business, and I have never seen this mentality before). I went with this option to minimize the risk of gambling too much money. As I was sitting at the airport waiting for my flight out of Oklahoma, I received a phone call from Jump Florida asking if we could show in the morning due to bad weather in the afternoon. I told them that would be fine, since I also kept an eye on the weather in Florida.

We arrived at Jump Florida at about 0815h on Friday 8 July, and I was quite surprised with some of the procedures. In the past I was used to filling out a bunch of paperwork, and having to watch a worthless video about the risks of tandem jumping. Not here; they had several computer stands to take care of the legalities, which took less than five minutes (if you just put all the initials and signatures in, versus reading everything).
Another thing was getting weighted, and making the final payment (asked if I could get an external camera man for additional payment, the answer was no). There was one group in front of us that was jumping from a lower altitude, and before they left one of the instructors slapped a harness on me. I was thinking to myself “why do I need to put a harness on, when it normally takes several hours before jumping”? Well, within about 20-25 minutes the first load was back on the ground, and it was time for everyone in the second load to gear up. Within about two hours from getting there, we had completed our jump; that was a first for me, and I have jumped all over the world.

The Jump:
The jump from 18,000 feet was an awesome experience. The aircraft is a very comfortable ride compared to a small Cessna. However, the view was mediocre at best (I think Oklahoma offers the same, or better, views).

I explained to my sons’ instructor that he could not move his right arm and shoulder in what is normally used in tandem skydiving, and he was fine with it. I also explained to my instructor that it was my last jump after jumping for about thirty years, and that I would be willing to pay a very generous tip for spectacular (like $100).
My jump ended up with the typical barrel roll, and a little bit of steering the chute (which was taken out of the video and pictures). I have taken dives from lower altitudes with more steering time, and better footage of the jump. Needless to say, there was no tip for my instructor, but I did give my sons instructor a $20 tip for taking care of my son.
Overall: Lots of great things about this operation, with some common sense flaws. On a side note: Do NOT go 18,000 feet with either COPD or Asthma; I got both, but as a retired Infantry Man, I know how to push it to the limits (almost past out, as I had expected, after we passed 16.000 feet, but pushed myself through).

When it comes to skydiving it’s all about the experience at first. As you go along, it’s all about the view.

1  Thank Herb E
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Great experience! There is some waiting around as your time slot is the earliest you can go up and you have to wait for a plane to take you up. The instructors are friendly, professional, and fun. My sister and I went to the highest we could go without purchasing oxygen. The ride and jump were surprisingly calm. The free fall was exciting and the instructor spun us around. Once the parachute was launched, it was a scenic and calming flight down. I'd definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Absolutely amazing experience. Something I never thought I would do, but I did!!! Professional staff, very friendly and welcoming. My husband and I will definitely sky dive again, thanks to these guys for a great first time experience!!!