“Average to Below Average”
Review of Buddy Freddys

Buddy Freddys
Ranked #10 of 117 Restaurants in Plant City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average to Below Average”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We met out of town friends yesterday at11:30 am, for lunch. The food, while typically Southern, was tired and some overcooked. My husband loves meatloaf and mashed potatoes. His evaluation was, "The worst meal I've ever had, with an odd taste in the meatloaf and lumps in the potatoes." I ate only vegetables and salad items. The items were alright, average, but certainly not remarkable. This restaurant, not our first choice, but chosen by our friends, will not be a choice in the future. A better and less expensive choice would have been one of the nearby franchise establishments.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank rvingtribe

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“COMFORT FOOD TO THE 1ST DEGREE”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I winter in Florida every year. At least once a week we travel to Plant City and eat at Buddy Freedie's. Everything on the buffet table is GREAT. The fish, chicken, greens and espically the sweet potato dish are better than good. Plenty of deserts and if you don't get enough to eat, it's your own fault. The place is clean and they make you feel at home. Oh, I forgot to say the Mac n Cheese is to die for. Go there and enjoy pure comfort food...........Life is short enjpoy everyday..........

• Visited February 2014
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Great!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stopped off here while travelling. My experience here was wonderful! I love the southern style of cooking they do here and the green beans and fried chicken were particularly good. Service was lacking some since they were getting ready to close when I was there. The close at 8:30 PM, which to me, seems a little early to close. I had an awesome meal there, though!

• Visited June 2014
White House, TN
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After many years we ate recently at Buddy Freddy's. The locals tell us the Fred of Buddy Freddy's opened his own place and it is very good, like the old days of Buddy Freddy's. It is buffet only, at $12 per head it is fairly priced, but nothing special on the buffet. Normal fare. Several desserts, but unlike the old days, the strawberry shortcake uses canned strawberries, the mushy mess type. The buffet and desserts will remind you of Shoney's if you are familiar with that chain. Variety to cover all your diners, reasonable price, eatable food, so if you know that going in you will be pleased.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Love this place”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Having grown up in the south it is amazing to find the best southern buffet in the country. The food is always fresh, hot and very good. From the fried chicken, fried catfish, okra, cabbage and greens everything is just like home made. For desert there was fresh strawberry shortcake and an assortment of pies. Service is always top notch and I highly recommend.

Been to Buddy Freddys? Share your experiences!