“Insanely good barbecue!!!”

Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in Plant City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Multiple Award winning family owned and operated restaurant!
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped at Keel and Kurly's Winery today- the minute we stepped out of our car we could smell the barbecue cooking outside of the winery. It tasted as good as it smelled. Plus, the service was great. I wasn't very hungry, so the staff let me order a kids meal. I got a 1/4 pound of pulled pork, a side of mac and cheese and a dinner roll all for $5. It was the best barbecue I've ever had, and I've had A LOT of barbecue. The meat was incredibly smoky, moist and flavorful. The mac and cheese was creamy, but peppery which was interesting and delicious. I highly recommend Smokin Aces!

Robbie J, Owner at Smokin' Aces BBQ & Steakhouse Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a positive experience and we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

First of all yes we enjoy destination drives but seeing the wonderful reviews of Smokin' Aces and my son's obsession with aviation this was a no brainer.

We could smell the bbq from the road and my husband who is from Texas had a huge smile on his face. He has been craving brisket for almost a year and it's difficult to find it cooked properly in Florida. Our prayers were answered this family has a true gift of BBQ. Like I told Robert the owner it was the best BBQ we've ever had it's "slap yer mama good" (for those that don't know it means smother her with kisses because her cooking is filled with love and goodness).

You can taste the wood smoke in the food. It was tender and juicy. Their chicken is the best we've ever had.

They have delicious sweet tea.

They made sure we were happy and informed us that in September they are moving to their new spot across from Silver Moon Drive In.

The only negative comment I have is for those of us that are allergic to tobacco smoke employees were smoking within 10 feet of where you order. My son is severely allergic and that cut our trip shorter than we'd hoped for.

*Autism Tips*

As you can see from the photos hands can touch the pit so be careful!

This is adjacent to a winery and there us a beautiful pond and playground area for the kids. There are ducks and other wildlife around the grounds.

Toilets flush quietly and their bathrooms are very clean. The water from the sinks come out formal pace with deeper sinks for not a lot of splash back.

Sodas are in cans but they do have cups, lids, straws.

They have bands at night on a wooden deck at the winery the music can be a bit loud so please be prepared with your noise cancelling headsets.

The chairs in the pavilion area are too big for the tables and fingers WILL GET SMASHED when moving the chairs closer to the table (happened to us)

We will be back when they open their restaurant. This is Florida's best kept BBQ secret.

3  Thank LetsG0Family

2 1/2 hours might be a record! Thanks for making the drive and thanks for your review! We have addressed the issues you pointed out with the winery management team and we hope that any negative aspect you experienced will be taken care of before your next visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I from Cocoa, Florida & went to pick our annual blueberries with my Niece at Keel & Kurly's. Usually leaves us hungry & thirsty. Stoaked to see Smokin' Aces! Checked out the menu before we went a pickin, what a great motivator! I picked 8lbs in 1 hour, rushed back for some vittles. Love grilled, smoked anything-- just about. Great menu selection, hard to decide. But, sometimes the vegetarian in me comes out, then it was a toss up between the 4-Sides Platter & the Veggie Tacos. Went for the Veggie Tacos & Robert hooked my up with some added green beans on 'em for THE perfect Veggie Taco! Great price for Awesome food, excellent choices & quality product. I'll be visiting my Niece more often so I can check out some more Smokin' Good Food. Jordan Family values & charm make it even better. Thanks for turning me on to Florida's Gator Hammock sauces. Smokin' Aces is definitely an asset to Keel & Kurly.

Thank you for your review! We like to offer veggies and other options as well because BBQ isn't everyone's cup of tea. We're always happy to hear positive feedback and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been coming to Smokin' Aces for a while now and everything I've ever had has been amazing! The pork is always tender and the mac n cheese is oh so good. I would recommended this place to anyone I meet.

Thank you for taking the time to review us sir! We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

No one stands a chance against Smokin Aces BBQ. I've had the wings, pulled pork sandwich, chicken sandwich, and the steak burger. The Jordan's are a class act and do everything they can to make sure each and every customer walks away happy and FULL. The cost is worth the flavor.

Thanks for your review! We're glad you've found so many options on the menu that you like!