“LOOK ELSEWHERE!”

Knights Inn Plant City
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here by accident! We were spending New Years at Disney World, but all the Days Inn and Comfort Inn hotel off 192 were booked or overpriced. The Day's Inn website booked me at this location. It was my fault not to notice it was 50 miles away! Since it was late we decided to stay anyways.
The Hotel grounds were very dark. Several men were in the parking lot drinking beer and loitering. We could hear people having sex just a few doors down from our room. I decided to remove all our personal belongings from the car just in case. Our room smelled musty and the door felt like it was barely keeping locked. My wife was very creeped out by the whole situation.
I decided to keep my firearm at my bedside...just in case.
I told the hotel staff about the mix up with the booking and they were very polite and understanding. They only charged me for the one night ($38.99) and help me locate a room closer to Disney.

Room Tip: Stay away from this one.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheMetroPhotographer

Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is now a Wyndham hotel. Nothing fancy. Good for an overnight stay, nothing more. They have a Rewards system but it is very difficult to deal with them. I requested a specific room and was told it had maintenance issues. I walked by that room and it looked like it was ready for use. The room I was given instead did not have a light in the bath room and the light fixture was hanging from the ceiling. I had to take a shower in the dark. So really????? Which room had the maintenance issues?

Room Tip: Request a King bed way in advance of your travel plans. Not sure why they have very few available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NativeFloridian64
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We arrived around 2:30 PM (check-in is at 3:00). We were told rooms weren't ready yet. We came back at 3:15...Still not ready...would be another half hour or so. Came back at 3:40. And still not ready. When I commented that their advertised check-in time is 3:00, he replied "No, it's actually AFTER 3:00 PM!". We finally got our room around 4:00. The rooms were dark and plain (old). Rat traps were set up around the property. Got up around 6:00 am and stepped outside only to find a feral cat gnawing on some rib bones outside my door. The TV had lines running through it! For $128 a night...the Knight's Inn was a complete rip off! Will never go there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rhondarene3
Reviewed 30 October 2012

One of the best values around. Nice pool and friendly staff. 1/2 hr from Busch Gardens and Disney, we spent time in both. Surprisingly quiet for being so close to the highway. I will stay again. The rooms were neat and clean. We had free breakfast each morning.

Room Tip: Ignore Old reviews, under new management and it shows
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My family and I stayed here during a visit to Florida to see family. Price is good, very nice pool, kids loved it, close to road which was convenient. Room was good, clean, overall a nice place if your not in the market for a Hilton. Some fussy reviewers I see on this page, but if your an average family or single traveler this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed there for over a week during the state fair time so the room was way over priced but it was the cheapest in plant city at this time.I did not feel safe here alot of noise and yell during the night and early morning especially when I stayed in a room in the back of the building.I like the little tiki bar that they have there but that was about it.The rooms were dirty and the first room the air and heat didn't work.I wouldnt stay there again unless I had no other choice of a motel,but it wourked for the time I needed it.

Room Tip: if you have to stay here check out your room before you pay and do not stay in the back
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank debilee313
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Don't go here! Disguisting! First room; airco dit not work. 2nd room; dirty sheets, dead bugs in the room, living cacaracha walking in the bad and a dirty airco.
You'll be vetter off sleeping in you're car!

• Stayed: September 2011
Ramada Lakeland
Ramada Lakeland
#20 of 33 in Lakeland
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center

Been to Knights Inn Plant City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Plant City

Address: 301 S Frontage Rd, Plant City, FL 33563-1915 (Formerly Days Inn Plant City)
Region: United States > Florida > Plant City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Price Range: £41 - £54 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn Plant City 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Knights Inn Plant City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Plant City Hotel Plant City