“Dirty, loud, and malodorous.”

Knights Inn Plant City
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The front desk staff was polite. There is a very basic continental breakfast without protein ( no eggs or meats). It's right next to a highway ( loud), has a "wild" chicken and rooster that roam around the grounds. The rooster crows loudly starting before dawn and can be heard from most rooms. I can only begin to tell you about the dirty bathroom. Tile floor, tub, and sink area look to have not been cleaned for months, or longer. All surfaces are dirty, and sheets and towels stained. Bedding was applied inside out. The room constantly smelled like smoke although we were in a nonsmoking room. The filter in the air conditioner was caked with dust or something. We were there for a special event, and all the other hotels were booked by the time we saw this place. Don't stay here if you want a clean, simple room. Simple is fine, dirty isn't.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank ErieAviatrix

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Motel oke , pretty dirty outside , the elevator did notwork all the time , the floor in front of the elevator is cracking up needs fixing , however the staff was very helpfull and friendly

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
Reviewed 25 February 2014

It was not terrible but it was not good either. The location was difficult to find through googlemaps and we drove around a good bit and, finally, had to ask for directions.

The room itself was very plain, very ordinary, nothing outstanding - much of what you would expect of roadside motel. The room was visibly clean, no bugs, no dirt and the beds were comfortable. The room could use a bit of updating. The bathroom was clean, albeit a bit dingy.

Breakfast was also typical of American roadside motels - muffins, buns, cold cereals, packaged oatmeal, bananas, fruit and waffles.

Wifi was only available in the lobby.

Pool looked nice and seemed clean but sign in lobby said it was closed until further notice.

Room Tip: We stayed far back from the road/interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The "Roach Motel". There were roaches all over the room. I killed them and left them on the desk. The toilet seat was broken, the microwave was not usable and the refrigerator froze my items. Wifi has been out since Nov 2013. They claim it is available until you get to the hotel where they have a sign stating it is not. The parking lot is uneven and dangerous to walk on, I twisted my ankle, full of debris ( screws, bolts and food) and no lines in the parking lot. I had incidents where the person who rented the room next to mine left dogs in the room that barked continuously. The first day it happened the clerk contacted the renter and the dogs were quieted. I made another call to the front desk the next day and was informed I would be given a refund and had to find someplace else to stay for the night. It was after 5 PM when this happened. I was not feeling well and couldn't go through the hassle of finding another hotel close to the event I was supposed to be at the next day. Why should I have to be put out because of someone else not adhering to hotel policies? They should have booted the person with the dogs not me.

Room Tip: Read and trust the reviews.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Raymond S
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here by accident! We were spending New Years at Disney World, but all the Days Inn and Comfort Inn hotel off 192 were booked or overpriced. The Day's Inn website booked me at this location. It was my fault not to notice it was 50 miles away! Since it was late we decided to stay anyways.
The Hotel grounds were very dark. Several men were in the parking lot drinking beer and loitering. We could hear people having sex just a few doors down from our room. I decided to remove all our personal belongings from the car just in case. Our room smelled musty and the door felt like it was barely keeping locked. My wife was very creeped out by the whole situation.
I decided to keep my firearm at my bedside...just in case.
I told the hotel staff about the mix up with the booking and they were very polite and understanding. They only charged me for the one night ($38.99) and help me locate a room closer to Disney.

Room Tip: Stay away from this one.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheMetroPhotographer
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is now a Wyndham hotel. Nothing fancy. Good for an overnight stay, nothing more. They have a Rewards system but it is very difficult to deal with them. I requested a specific room and was told it had maintenance issues. I walked by that room and it looked like it was ready for use. The room I was given instead did not have a light in the bath room and the light fixture was hanging from the ceiling. I had to take a shower in the dark. So really????? Which room had the maintenance issues?

Room Tip: Request a King bed way in advance of your travel plans. Not sure why they have very few available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NativeFloridian64
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We arrived around 2:30 PM (check-in is at 3:00). We were told rooms weren't ready yet. We came back at 3:15...Still not ready...would be another half hour or so. Came back at 3:40. And still not ready. When I commented that their advertised check-in time is 3:00, he replied "No, it's actually AFTER 3:00 PM!". We finally got our room around 4:00. The rooms were dark and plain (old). Rat traps were set up around the property. Got up around 6:00 am and stepped outside only to find a feral cat gnawing on some rib bones outside my door. The TV had lines running through it! For $128 a night...the Knight's Inn was a complete rip off! Will never go there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City
Travelodge Lakeland
Travelodge Lakeland
#6 of 33 in Lakeland

Been to Knights Inn Plant City? Share your experiences!