“Great Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
New Jersey
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few short days in July. It was an enjoyable stay, great price, great location and a very friendly staff. The rooms are spacious and very clean. There's a selection of shopping and restaurants in the area to choose from. The location makes it quite accessible to the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. I do not have one complaint about this hotel or it's location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay especially the "spacious/clean rooms and very friendly staff". We are estatic to know that you will be back in the near future.

Safe Travels!

Sean Pischeda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
Trinidad
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here for eight nights in July 2013. I must commend the staff for very friendly and helpful service - always warm and smiling. Nicole, Sam, Andy, Hema and Robert went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay pleasurable - printed maps for us, checked the weather forecasts, recommended good restaurants, provided band-aids. The complimentary breakfast was great and a welcome sight every morning (although the choice was almost the same everyday).
The hotel itself is the standard business traveler accommodation but the king bed and the pull-out queen sofa bed were comfortable for our family of 5 (which included 3 young children). If you're expecting luxury, then you would be disappointed but for our purposes, we just wanted a place to crash after a long day out, and the rooms were clean and convenient.
It was also nice touch for the hotel to provide a complimentary snack and drink on evenings (provided near the entrance in the lobby) for guests after a long day out.
Cleaning staff were very friendly and professional.
Overall the rooms were fresh and clean although I think the carpet in the rooms could do with a good shampoo (had to wash our feet every night before climbing into bed).
Got the room for a steal at $89.00 (including breakfast) and thought it was great value for money.
Free parking and wifi were an added bonus. We had stayed at a four star resort a couple of days earlier and at $280.00 a night we still had to pay for breakfast, parking and wifi.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators. Our rooms were almost at the end of the hall and it was really...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TriniTraveller5
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt place for 1 week in July 2013. It was indeed relaxing, very quite. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We stayed on the ground floor, it was peaceful. The breakfast was delicious and always hot. This was indeed a good choice.

Room Tip: ground floor. Close to the exit.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I was greeted at the reception desk by a member of staff who thought it was hilarious to put on a fake British accent. Not the most professional way to represent the Hyatt brand and a greeting i found to be offensive (i am English) I usually stay in Hilton hotels but having found this hotel at a great place i had decided to give it a try. This was not a good start. The rest of my stay was ok - the rooms are nice and the hotel is in a great location. When i left the room to check out the next day, the whole of the corridor smelled of WEED. The smell was extremely strong and basically you could smell it strongly along the whole of the hallway - all the way to the elevators. I mentioned it to the receptionist and he confirmed the night security had noticed the same smell. To be honest, my experience at this hotel has made me realize i should not be tempted by a 'good price' when booking a hotel. Whilst value is important, great service should be equally important. As a guest, a hotel corridor stinking of weed should in my opinion, at least have merited a call to local police. I was disappointed with my experience at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jahmummy
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apology for you having issues with service along with another guest smoking. We did address the issue regarding the guest smoking, which resulted in the guest be evicted from the hotel. We then had our houskeeping department work on elimnating the smell which did take some time to eliminate the odor from the hotel.

I have addressed the issue with the Front Desk staff regarding service and can assure you this issue will be eliminated from happening in the future. Again, I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and can assure you they have been addressed.

Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Third time staying at a Hyatt Place, but first time at the Plantation property. The best part about this chain is the size of the rooms with a separate sleeping/sitting area. For the price you can't beat the value and we esp. like the complimentary breakfast, parking and wifi at this property. Had a small problem in that the remote for the TV didn't work and due to some miscommunication on the part of the hotel, it was never fixed. That said, when I expressed my disappointment on the way out, I was offered a 20% discount off of my stay - so problem not solved, but I left happy anyways. Nice location close to Ft. Lauderdale and there's a decent shopping mall etc. walking distance away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CroozerCanada
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the guest rooms and service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

I am writing this from the Holiday Inn, where we ended up after being rudely bumped from the Hyatt.
We arrived after 9 PM after flying all day (an hour and half delay out of LAX) en route to the funeral for my husband's father. We made the Hyatt reservation four days ago, when we knew we had to be here. We were greeted with "Unfortunately....." as the female desk clerk languidly explained that they had no room for us but had arranged for us to stay elsewhere and come back the next night. When we objected to this arrangement and showed our booking confirmation, she had no help to offer. It was 'first come first served.' Really? Then she proceded to check in several groups that arrived after us with all their luggage.
I explained the reason for our visit - death in family..
The other clerk, a young man named Joey, turned to us and said 'Bye!' in a tone of total condescension. It went downhill from there, with him muttering that we were "a--holes" and my husband getting understandably upset.
At 10 PM we checked into the Holiday Inn and Suites Plantation, where we have stayed before and where I am writing this.
I will be contacting the Hyatt organization and pursuing this further after I get home in a few days.

• Stayed May 2013
9 Thank Katgalmusic
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to extend my sincere apology for our hotel not being able to honor your reservation and for you not receiving the highest level of customer service from our staff. I will be addressing the issue with our Front Desk Staff.

We strive to be able to accommodate all of our guests that have reservations. In the event, the hotel does end up over committed, the hotel will pay for your overnight accommodations at an alternative hotel.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience along with how your reservation was handled.

Hickory Creek, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2013

By far the most pleasant staff! Andy and the entire crew were amazing. It's nice to see people offer to do things that you just don't expect. Andy even asked me about my daughter the next morning. I had mentioned she as putting in an offer on a house while I was on the shuttle. Good location and very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MGRTVL
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay especially the service from Andy.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Safe Travels!

Sean Pischeda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!