“WHEELS STOLEN NO SECURITY!!!!”

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Palm Beach, Florida
“WHEELS STOLEN NO SECURITY!!!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Upon checking in my room was fairly clean however there was a musty smell. Being in south Florida I understand so I didn't say anything. However the next morning I wake up and walk around with socks on I noticed my feet got wet. The carpet was damp somehow. I was on the 6th floor so it wasn't from the guest before me being in the pool. Whatever that was the least of my problems. I drive a BMW and was staying 2 nights. I take meticulous care of my car and make sure I park in lighted areas so nothing happens. Well I parked right out front, backed into a space under a light. Got back to my room at 12pm and of course walk out in the morning to leave and my car is on blocks. Now it's 9:30am and the front desk girl is just now finding out about it. I could see it from the lobby the whole front end was jacked up in the air. I walk out and she was very nice and apologetic but seemed like this happens all the time. So when the officer shows up she even said "this seems to be a little weird". Also btw there was a brand new Benz 5 spots down on blocks as well. So the officer asked about survellience cameras. Nope, any type of security, nope. So you have a high end (well the Hyatt name is supposed to be prestigious) with zero security. I sat inside waiting for a buddy to bring me some wheels for over 3.5 hours before finally the manager came over to appologize. She was nice offering to comp my room. Well my business paid for it not me so that was zero help. Then she told me to get a rewards card and she will load some points on it. Just had $8k wheels and tires stolen and you want me to come back to a Hyatt?? No offer of maybe a ride someplace or offer a tow truck nothing. I emailed and called the corporate office a week ago and still no answer at all. I do a lot of traveling and I have to say this was an experience I will never forget unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.....

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank PHILLYFREAK
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are extremely sorry to hear that your wheels were stolen during the middle of the night. We have contacted the Plantation Police Department and since this happened at multiple hotels and shopping centers in the area, they are going to do random drive through the hotels parking lot more frequently.

We can only imagine how upsetting this experience was for you. It is upsetting to know that there are dishonest, thieves out there in the world.

Sean Pischeda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Czech first
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend, and the room was nice and spacious. The flatscreen TV was was large as well, with a suitable offering of channels available. The breakfast buffet was tasty, but I never got around to checking out the pool. Overall, a nice enough place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are ecstatic to know you enjoyed your stay with us especially the spacious room and complimentary hot breakfast.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife pick this hotel because the location it´s nearby several shopping centers and malls (Sawgrass Mills and Broward Mall). The room was spotless clean and very comfortable. The staff was nice and very helpful. The manager at that time was Luis Duprey. The only thing is that a more healthy choice of breakfast would give the hotel the excellent review category.

Room Tip: pick anyone
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MACF250767
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the accommodations, especially the clean, spacious rooms and location of the hotel to shopping, restaurants, and Saw Grass Outlet Mall.

Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I picked Hyatt Place, Plantation because it was the closest hotel to training I was taking, and most mornings and evenings I walked back and forth. The grounds are lovely and the walk was enjoyable. The hotel room was great, especially for under $100 a night. There was a sitting space separate from the sleeping area, and a large HD TV that swiveled so it could be watched in either area. There was also a separate desk area, and a small refrigerator. I was quite comfortable the five nights I stayed.

Room was very clean and housekeeping kept it that way. The hotel offers a decent buffet breakfast with hot and cold items. Staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient. The location is great, near University Drive, and several restaurants within walking distance. Free parking, free wi-fi, and quiet rooms. I'll be back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandy P
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and will return again. We are especially pleased to know that you found our hotel to have a great location to shopping and restaurants along with the spacious clean rooms.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Hanover, Jamaica
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I spent seven nights at Hyatt Place and being from Jamaica where we have top class hotels, I must say our experience at Hyatt Place was quite good. The continental breakfast was more than we expected. The room was comfortable which made sleeping, watching cable television or just relaxing a real pleasure. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful as they were always eager to assist ensuring we had a good stay. I must mention Andy who works at the front desk, he was always inquiring if all was well with my wife and myself.
Our room was cleaned every morning and great effort was made to keep the place smelling nice. People talked about musty smell but if you turn off the air condition or even turn the temperature too high, the room will smell musky so ensure the room temperature is kept at a reasonable temperature, you are not outdoors
I am sure we will again visit Hyatt Place in the near future.

Room Tip: My room was facing the front of the hotel and at the very end of the passage. It was quiet and we we...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are estatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the staff service. We are looking forward to having the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Sarasota
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Nice efficiency styled room. Minor damp smell from air conditioner, like you get in older hotels on the water (this hotel isn't near the water). Other than that, the place is over all clean and comfortable and a great value for the space. It's the first time I've seen a pit group in a hotel room. Nicely furnished. Love how the tv swivels from one side of room to the other.

• Stayed August 2013
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are estatic to know you enjoyed your stay with us especially the clean, comfortable accommodations.

We stive to make all of our guests feel right at home while traveling and are glad we exceeded your expectations.

Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have stayed at Hyatt Place hotels before so we knew what we were getting as far as the room goes - large room with two double beds, seating area with a pull-out sofa, desk, bar area with mini fridge and coffee maker. This is one of my favorite hotels to book when travelling with my teens because everyone gets their own bed (without the expense of booking a second room), we can stash our drinks and snacks in the bar area, they have free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast. In the lobby they also have a grab-and-go snack selection and a bar with Starbucks, beer, wine and cocktails available for purchase. Room service is available 24/7, but we opted to eat dinner out at a local restaurant.

This trip we only stayed one night as we were in town to see a show at the BB&T Center, so we did not use any of the recreation facilities (pool and fitness center). The common areas are attractive and comfortable. The one thing that really stands out about this particular Hyatt Place hotel is the service! Every single staff member we came in contact with was friendly and competent. Upon arrival, we were welcomed as Hyatt Gold Members, given a goodie bag, offered a snack and a tour of the hotel. In the morning, when the breakfast area was particularly busy, we were quickly directed to additional seating in a nearby meeting room. We will definitely consider staying here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FloridaMomOfTeens
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the "excellent service".

Sean Pischeda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!