“Great place to stay”

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel was absolutely awesome. Stayed 7 nights and everything was perfect. Housekeeping was excellent concierge was very helpful. Breakfasts were out of this world. I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were clean and well kept. Also, Andy at the front desk was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 201larryd
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are ecstatic to know you enjoyed your stay with us especially the complimentary hot breakfast, clean rooms and outstanding customer service. I will also ensure we recognize Andy for his outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My sister and I stayed here for four nights while visiting our very ill mother. The hotel very very clean including the rooms. The front office was very friendly including Skyler who greeted us when we checked in. The "free" breakfast was also excellent. Fresh fruit, great oatmeal and all kinds of cereal, yogut and eggs. The coffee was also excellent. Parking was easy. The hotel operators are doing a good job and the employees are doing what they need to do make guests like me happy.

Room Tip: You won't need to eat lunch after the breakfast at this Hyatt Place@
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are so pleased to know that we exceeded your expectation by proving clean, comfortable rooms with superb customer services. We are glad to know that our complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary coffee and complimentary parking added to your enjoyment.

We will ensure that we keep your ill Mother in our thoughts and prayers. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future and hope that is will be on a better note.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I travel quite a bit on business and usually rely on one of the large chains for a comfortable night's sleep. The Hyatt Place in Plantation provided that along with free Wi-Fi, a decent exercise room and a free breakfast that included some hot items. Couple all that with a daily newspaper and a friendly staff and I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation.

We are glad that we meet your expectations with our complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and friendly staff service. We are pleased to know that you will be back and are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We needed a hotel to spend one night as we go from one resort to another... Well, I was pleasantly surprised with the friendly nature of ALL the staff which is so unusual. Normally, in Hotels you will fine a few members of staff who go the extra mile, but here... they were almost crawling over one another to help you. Anyhow, the rooms were very nice having a sitting area with a divider separating the "bedroom"... That was very much different to normal hotel "studio rooms".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SAM62
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the staff service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again upon your next trip to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Area.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Upon checking in my room was fairly clean however there was a musty smell. Being in south Florida I understand so I didn't say anything. However the next morning I wake up and walk around with socks on I noticed my feet got wet. The carpet was damp somehow. I was on the 6th floor so it wasn't from the guest before me being in the pool. Whatever that was the least of my problems. I drive a BMW and was staying 2 nights. I take meticulous care of my car and make sure I park in lighted areas so nothing happens. Well I parked right out front, backed into a space under a light. Got back to my room at 12pm and of course walk out in the morning to leave and my car is on blocks. Now it's 9:30am and the front desk girl is just now finding out about it. I could see it from the lobby the whole front end was jacked up in the air. I walk out and she was very nice and apologetic but seemed like this happens all the time. So when the officer shows up she even said "this seems to be a little weird". Also btw there was a brand new Benz 5 spots down on blocks as well. So the officer asked about survellience cameras. Nope, any type of security, nope. So you have a high end (well the Hyatt name is supposed to be prestigious) with zero security. I sat inside waiting for a buddy to bring me some wheels for over 3.5 hours before finally the manager came over to appologize. She was nice offering to comp my room. Well my business paid for it not me so that was zero help. Then she told me to get a rewards card and she will load some points on it. Just had $8k wheels and tires stolen and you want me to come back to a Hyatt?? No offer of maybe a ride someplace or offer a tow truck nothing. I emailed and called the corporate office a week ago and still no answer at all. I do a lot of traveling and I have to say this was an experience I will never forget unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.....

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank PHILLYFREAK

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are extremely sorry to hear that your wheels were stolen during the middle of the night. We have contacted the Plantation Police Department and since this happened at multiple hotels and shopping centers in the area, they are going to do random drive through the hotels parking lot more frequently.

We can only imagine how upsetting this experience was for you. It is upsetting to know that there are dishonest, thieves out there in the world.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend, and the room was nice and spacious. The flatscreen TV was was large as well, with a suitable offering of channels available. The breakfast buffet was tasty, but I never got around to checking out the pool. Overall, a nice enough place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are ecstatic to know you enjoyed your stay with us especially the spacious room and complimentary hot breakfast.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife pick this hotel because the location it´s nearby several shopping centers and malls (Sawgrass Mills and Broward Mall). The room was spotless clean and very comfortable. The staff was nice and very helpful. The manager at that time was Luis Duprey. The only thing is that a more healthy choice of breakfast would give the hotel the excellent review category.

Room Tip: pick anyone
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MACF250767

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the accommodations, especially the clean, spacious rooms and location of the hotel to shopping, restaurants, and Saw Grass Outlet Mall.

Sean Pischeda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!