“Mixed feelings”

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I booked the cruise package at this hotel for my recent cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, which included an airport shuttle to the hotel and to the cruise port. When we arrived at the airport, we called the hotel for the airport shuttle. Unfortunately, this is where the negative part of my review begins. The shuttle driver was swerving all over the lane on the highway, and our friend and I were actually fearful. He was nice enough and very chatty, but did not keep his eyes on the road and did not focus on his driving. We were both so grateful to have finally arrived at the hotel. The next unfortunate issue occurred when we arrived in our room. One of the beds had hair all over the sheets and it was clear to both of us that the sheets had not been changed. My friend's bed appeared to be fine. This is actually the second time I have stayed at this hotel and have had an issue with hair on the sheets. I'm not sure if this issue was brought to the attention of management, but if not, perhaps this will be an opportunity for something to be done and housekeeping practices changed. This is really an unacceptable practice and it is disgusting to think that there is at least one housekeeper at that hotel who would do such a thing. The front desk staff changed our room and no hair was to be found on either bed in that room. The breakfast was fine, nothing exciting, but fine. Great coffee.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We apologize for your staying being less then oustanding. Please know that we are addressing the issue with the shuttle company and housekeeping department to eliminate these issues from happening in the future.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is the place to stay! Service is 1000% perfect, super nice staff, great hot breakfast with fresh fruit, bagels, eggs, juices, milk. Big comfortable rooms, I mean huge! Nice oriental partition making one room appear as 2. A sink in the bathroom and even one outside. Small bar area has it's own faucet and fridge + coffee maker. Bathroom even has an exhaust which is quite rare in my experience. They even have 24/7 kitchen menu service - tried several items which were fantastic and at a low price and you save on gas and time. Honestly, this is the best hotel experience I have ever had (I'm in my 40s). Can only say positive things, can't think of any negative at all. If ever in Ft. Lauderdale, don't worry about the extra 20 minute drive to get to the beach, this is well well worth it. AAAA++++ will always stay here everytime i visit

Room Tip: can't go wrong, each room is the same = perfect
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank North T

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the spacious, clean rooms, along with the many amenities our hotel provides.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I read the reviews before making the reservation and saw there were a few comments about the smell and quality of the hotel. However, I also read management's responses indicating they were having a cleaning service come in to hopefully take care some of the mildew smell. I also saw their comments that being this is Florida, it's typical of hotels having a musky smell. Since I am a Floridian, I knew this part wasn't true but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and trusted with the cleaning service coming in, it couldn't be as bad as the review.

When I arrived, I immediately noticed the smell but was still hopeful. My room was on the 3rd floor and was noticeably worse. It felt like I was in a mold-infested building. I contacted management to see if they had another room and I was told by the gal at the front desk that she would call me back. An hour later, after no return call, I called downstairs only to be told there were no rooms available. I thanked the person and told her I would be downstairs to check out shortly. She said okay. I hung up and within 5-6 minutes, the phone was ringing again. By this time, I was ready to depart the hotel. I went downstairs and was told that when I hung up they had received a cancellation. Nice try Hyatt Place but no thanks. I will never stay at this establishment again and hope others have a better experience than I did.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for you having issues with odor in your room during your stay. Please know that our corporate office along with a national vendor are working on solutions to this issue that exists with hotels within in the South Florida Hotel Market.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Just finished a four night stay and everything was really nice. great people, everything you need was there and it was a very clean and well looked after property. Yes, the florida humidity causes some musty smells but you don't even notice it after five minutes in the room. The room itself was huge and I wanted to take the shower home with me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation.

We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Everything was really great. The room was very nice, clean, quiet, nice bed very satisfied. The breakfast was the best lots of great food with plenty to choose from. The area was a little tight but plenty of room to sit at the counter bar and foyer. I couldn't of been happier. Hyatt your the best. David

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Love the staff here! They remember you and greet you by name. They are all very helpful. Love that Hyatt has great amenities in the rooms. The food being served was also delicious! Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us especially the staff service and hotel amenities.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again upon your return to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Area.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed there a few nights Dec. 2013. The bedroom was fine but furniture a little worn. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was sufficient but trying to eat it was difficult due to total inadequate facilities for the number of guests in the breakfast dining area.

Room Tip: Higher floors looking over spa seemed ok.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David8833

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are pleased to know that you were pleased with the staff service. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you had finding seating during breakfast along with the worn furniture. We will look into these issues and work on a solution going forward.

Sean Pischeda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!