“A great stay!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
The Bahamas
“A great stay!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here about a week ago with my mom during our vacation. It was our first time there....it was nice, clean and peaceful. The beds are sooooooo soft and comfortable, I slept like a baby. The rooms were cozy and spacious. I loved having the 24 hour room service available. Front desk staff was great and very friendly. The girl at the front desk during the night was so friendly and extremely helpful when my mom and I came downstairs at night to use the microwave. Cant remember her name...but I think she was from the Islands and mentioned that she was named after a flower I think... :)

Cons:
But I disliked the breakfast. One of the breakfast staff ladies were rude. She displayed an attitude when the other guests would ask how long before more egg sandwiches and pancakes would come out. I thought that wasnt great customer service. The breakfast was coming out wayyyyy too slowly for the amount of guests at the hotel. The next morning, I didnt bother going downstairs for breakfast after thinking about the hassle of waiting for food to be brought out. I decided to go to iHop.

The TV line up could be wayyyyyy better! I had a hard time finding things to watch.

Bathroom extremy small.

Not a deal breaker though. I'll be back at Hyatt...will probably try another location in South fl area though.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Don M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. However, I am disappointed to hear that anyone on my staff was rude to our guest. This is unacceptable and has been addressed with the staff.

Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Don McNew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Having stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Brickell and the Spa at Bonaventure in the past I had expected this stay to be similar in terms of the accommodations and atmosphere but I was sadly disappointed.

The hotel has this odor that just wont go away ...it's in the lobby, corridors and rooms.I saw other reviewers referring to the scent as damp and musty but given my previous Hyatt experiences I never thought that this would be possible at a HYATT. That was a terrible mistake as I had booked my stay for 8 nights! The first room provided was way too small for a family of three but I didnt complain as I just chalked it up to you dont always get what you see on websites. One of the major fails for me was that rip off of a sofa bed. My god it was the thinnest most lumpy uncomfortable rotten excuse for a bed how could this crap be advertised as a bed.

At first I thought it was just my room but when my family and I were transferred to (get this) an accessible room because the TV in our room displayed invalid format message I then saw the same ridiculous sofa bed and now had to sleep on the worst king sized mattress ever. None of us had physical difficulties so why on gods earth an accessible room? In retrospect I should have complained my behind off but when I looked in at the other rooms being cleaned by the staff I new it would have been useless. Everything seems dated from the rugs the stained chairs in the room and lobby the fixtures all of it. If you think I am being unfair have a look at the run off hole in the sink opposite the bed. The sink in the 'kitchen ' area doesnt completely run off and the sink in the bathroom splashed water everywhere. The overhead extract fan makes this loud annoying noise and you cant shut it off as it is triggered by the light switch.

Imagine a pool area where the back of the seat straps are moss/mold covered and there is always some debris floating in the pool. The kitchen staff are a joke because you have to use the cups, plates and cutlery provided at your own risk as there is always remnants of food or lipstick so you have to be very careful about where you put your lips to. My son asked one of the attending ladies politely for a clean spoon only to have his spoon snatched and tossed into a container.

What a blasted PIG yep the one that always has a clipboard storming all over the hotel checking up on her cleaning support staff and has the habit belittling them in the presence of guests.

Imagine my wife asking the front desk attendant for advice about Thrifty Car rentals and that person responds 'I have never heard of that car rental company'.

I really hated this stay and would never consider or recommend this place quite frankly if I could have charged back this purchase I would have done so.

Mr Lee

Room Tip: Just dont stay in 425 or 312
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Don M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Hollis,

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. I apologize for the issues that your accommodations were not to the standard you were expecting. Additionally, I am embarrassed that you would ever come across a leader in this hotel belittling the associates. Our associates are the best part of this hotel and we will be sure to address this issue immediately.

Again, I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory and would have loved to had the opportunity to speak with you personally about these issues. I hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here 2 nights for a pre cruise stay. Customer service is outstanding. Extremely friendly staff. I called the hotel a few weeks prior to arrival, and was greeted with a friendly staff who addressed all my questions. Upon arrival, there was only 1 room available. We purchased the room via priceline which stated check in was at 2, but when we arrived, was told it was 3. We were informed the other rooms will be ready in about 30min. No problem. We just all hung out in one room, and sure enough, in 30 min, we received a call to come down to the lobby to check in for the 2nd room. When I arrived downstairs, everything was prepared for me. It literally took me 1 min to check in. Absolutely amazing customer service and was so pleased with the efficiency, I asked for a room close to the 1st room we checked into, and got a room right beside it.
The rooms are quite large with a sleeping and a sitting area. Perfect for families of 4. With kids having there own little space. I like how the sink is outside from the bath area, so getting brushing up is much more quicker. Rooms and washrooms are clean. Beds are comfy. There is no safe in the room, No free bottled water, but there is a coffee/tea machine. Now for the musty smell. We were on the 5th floor. For the first room we checked in, there was indeed a musty smell. It was a little bit better with the air conditioning on. For the second room, it was fine, nothing at all. Though it is strange that some rooms have it and others don't within the same building. I have been to several hotels within Florida, and some have musty smell and some don't.
Complimentary breakfast offered a good selection. There are pastries, cereal, waffles, sausages, breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, orange/apple juice, coffe/tea. Food is constantly being replaced.
Location is ideal to where I wanted to be. It's right in the middle between sawgrass mills and airport/cruiseport.
This is definitely one of the best hotels in its category. With it's customer service propelling it to the top.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Don M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I appreciate knowing that you had an enjoyable stay. However, I do apologize that one of your rooms had a musty odor, we are working hard to ensure each room has a neutral odor for our guest.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again during your next visit to South Florida.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Being so close to Sawgrass Mills and a Super Target around the corner its the perfect family place to stay. Large rooms so plenty of space to store your new purchases:). Across the street is a fantastic restaurant its literally 2 minutes from the reception.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Don M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Erwin,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I am glad you like the location of our hotel and even happier to see you had an enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Beautiful hotel in very central location to shops and restaurants. The hotel was spotless and the staff some of the best I have seen. From the time we walked in the door and every time we walked out someone at the desk greeted us.
We did have an unusual experience and it was handled very professionally. The fire alarms went off and everyone was evacuated, fire trucks there immediately, fortunately there was some smoke in the walls and any no one was hurt or possessions lost. Their security and fire systems worked perfectly as they should. The staff was very apologetic for the inconvenience and gave us huge discount on the room for that night. I look forward to going back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Don M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Carole,

Thank you for this great review. I am please that the staff was able to assist you with your request. Additionally, we are all sorry that our fire system was set off disturbing you in the evening. We appreciate your understanding and hope to serve you again in the future.

Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had high expectations for this hotel. While it was a good place to stay, they pay very little attention to detail. Miscommunication, front desk phone hardly ever got answered. I had to keep calling and calling and communication among the staff for request or messages seem to get lost in the daily sharing of tasks. Other than that, very friendly, warm and inviting hotel. Would I stay again?? Yes...but I would take care of my own stuff instead of being expected to be taken care of.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StaceyRQ
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. I am glad that overall you experience was positive, but disappointed that you had issues with our service. We pride ourselves on providing great customer service and I would love to know what occurred so that I can ensure it does not continue to happen.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very friendly and welcoming place. Nice decors , nice rooms, nice everything. I had a great time and no complaints
the pool was cleaned daily, and the ac was very cold. alarm clocks are in all the rooms and iron with makes business very easy.

Room Tip: Well Room 122 was very good, Close to parking lot and Close to Pool. in addition to being close to d...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Reggaekid17
Don M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am very happy to read you had such an enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Don McNew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!