“Gem of 'near me now' plantation”

Mustard Seed Bistro
Ranked #2 of 243 Restaurants in Plantation
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Dr. Just So.of Broward
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Believe and trust the positive reviews. I had the BBQ salmon salad w onion rings (see photo) $17 and sat at the bar on lunch break because it was slammed!! If the staff was not super attentive I didn't mind because I was only in the area on business, and sorely lacking fine dining options. This gem in Plantation, I would never have found without 'near me now'. Find it in the tacky stripmall, and enjoy!

1  Thank Bocaceoch T

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Second time at this resturant which we where satisfied once again.

A good solid menu which is worth it!

1  Thank wrbimagemaker
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was our fourth visit to The Mustard Seed Bistro, and it was wonderful as always! I highly recommend the stuffed date appetizer. Dates stuffed with sausage and goat cheese, wrapped in crisp bacon. It was served with arugula, cherry tomatoes, candied ginger and a balsamic drizzle. Delicious!
The Crispy Duck was the BEST duck that I have ever had! Beautifully crisp and succulent with a cherry sauce served on the side. Every bite a joy for the senses!
Jonathan was our waiter, and he was the best! He was super attentive, without being intrusive, he had a great sense of humor and made some wonderful suggestions for the wine being served. He was indeed a pleasure!
The Mustard Seed Bistro is a fine establishment and we will be returning very soon! Please go....you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you are near Plantation FL be sure to stop by the Mustard Seed Bistro. I have never seen such a varied menu whether choosing small plates or a dinner. Everything from the appetizers to salads to meals were outstanding. Don't be shocked when you walk up to it in a nondescript strip mall. Once you get inside, you know you have come to the right place. Entrees of duck, a peruvian ciappino and shrimp and grits were awesome. If you need a steak, they have it.

We will return!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I decided to try this restaurant after seeing it on check please the night before. The dishes that were reviewed seemed incredible as was the concept of a little gem in West Broward. I live in East Broward and my girlfriend and I like to venture out to new restaurants whenever we can. To start our waiter, Bruce who sat us seemed dissatisfied with being there. Our table was directly under the ac vent so we asked if he could turn the air off and before I could finish my sentence he ruddily said "I'll move you". Its the attitude that gets me when I'm taking a chance while spending my time and money eating out in a new place. The food itself was good but not as good as the reviews on check please. I had the muscle's special and the Peruvian fish stew which was good but not great though my girlfriend did love her spinach salad and grilled veggies. Half way through eating our entrees Bruce disappeared and a new waiter filled in. He never said a word to us or excused himself. The new waiter claimed Bruce's knee was bothering him and had to leave to the back of the restaurant yet he was at the bar fraternizing with the remaining patrons like he owned the place. This was classless on his part and showed the caliber of service Mustard Seed is about. I obviously won't be going back but I wanted to worn those who were contemplating the drive over to this place after seeing check please as I did.

2  Thank Rossi_Giovanni