“Great Lunch Stop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 232 Restaurants in Plantation
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Dr. Just So.of Broward
Bronx
“Great Lunch Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stopped here for lunch and found the menu to offer many salads and healthy choices. There is a wine bar available also. The staff was super friendly and service was great. Don't miss the desert especially the designer cupcakes.

Visited August 2014

Weston, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This pretty Bistro is located in such a non-descript strip mall that I'm passed it many times and never knew it was there. Recently a friend recommended it to me. I've had lunch here twice - recently and again today. The menu selections are varied with lots to choose from. Last time I thoroughly enjoyed a cup of their Peruvian Fish Stew, coupled with half of a Breaded Eggplant Sandwich. Both were excellent, especially the fish stew containing ample amounts of shrimp, clams, salmon and mussels in a tomato chili broth with just enough kick. For today's visit, I again had to have the Peruvian Fish Stew. But, this time, I coupled it with half of a Grilled Chicken and Brie - and a glass of wine. Delicious! For today's visit, I also had enough time to have one of their must-have cupcake-desserts of white chocolate raspberry.... one bite and I was hooked; moist and flavorful but not too sweet.

• Visited August 2014
Central Florida, Florida
“Small but mighty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Small bistro style cafe in a strip mall with a great staff and fantastic menu. Save room for the signature cupcakes. Be prepared, get there too late and the cupcakes are history!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

In this case the Mustard Seed Bistro. Located in a strip mall, the façade is unappealing and plain as it could be. Yet, as you step inside the warmth and coziness of an European bistro instantly grabs you.
From an earlier call this past Friday I was recommended to get a reservation which I did. The Bistro was full by the time we arrived. Greeted and seated promptly, our server was professional, friendly and knowledgeable about the specials, menu and wine. To start I decided to try the Onion soup, one of my favorites soups that very often had let me disappointed in other establishments. It was excellent. Topped with the perfect crusty bread and cheese that was melted and bubbling with golden brown patches. The Linguini & Shrimp with garlic parmesan cream sauce with the pasta "al dente" and the shrimp tender, juicy and sauce had the perfect consistency and flavor. My Wife had the Crispy Duck with Cherry Gastrique ( sweet-and-sour sauce) which was superb and well balanced. We choose a terroir-driven wine from the central coast of California, a Chardonnay that integrated well with our food. I was very pleased that our server didn't rush us trough this delightful wine.
This experience was a lesson well learned about hasten judgment on appearances.

Lavallette, New Jersey
“Gorgeous Foodie Gem Hidden in a Strip Mall Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Service is amazing, exceeded only by the delicious food on an innovative menu. Unassuming from outside, we were astounded by the attractive space inside. Close to the Ft. Lauderdale airport, we were warmly greeted by the host, and our waitperson, Lisa, was a pro and a foodie who knows her craft. From the basket of artisanal breads on, we knew things would be special. The house special angel hair pasta with garden veggies is yummy. It's hard to find angel hair cooked perfectly al dente, but Mustard Seed has it knocked. I had a halibut special, served over a new grain, (whose name I've forgotten - quinoa-like) with a broth redolent of kalamata olives that I could not leave a drop of. Desert was a bread pudding with macerated strawberries.

Wonderful wine list as well!

Don't miss Mustard Seed. You will not be disappointed!