“Grateful Customers!”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 28 June 2012

On Friday 6/1/12 my husband, son and I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale gearing up for a 8-day cruise out of Port Everglades. Unfortunately, we had hotel reservations at Cocoa Beach which happens to be three hours away from Port Everglades. I mistakenly thought our cruise departed from Port Canaveral as opposed to Port Everglades. Opps! I realized our mistake upon our arrival in FLL when we were asking about the free shuttle to Cocoa Beach! We cancelled our Cocoa Beach reservation and realized that there was a Hampton Inn in Plantation. We had stayed there before and loved it!

I spoke with Debbie Cote and she was as friendly and helpful as I could have hoped for seeing that I felt terrible for making the error. The Hampton Inn, staff were able to accommodate us for that evening and sent over the shuttle to pick us up. Pricila, Elizabeth, Schivana and drivers Walter and Sergeo were wonderful. The night before our flight to Florida our son broke out with a nasty rash from a vaccine reaction and our pediatrician prescribed a couple of medications to take on our trip just in case we needed them. We didn’t have time to fill them in Chicago, so we decided to do so in Ft. Lauderdale. Debbie and Pricila gave us directions to a cople of pharmacies. We walked to the closest one only to find out that they couldn’t fill them. A larger pharmacy chain was able to fill the prescription but it would not be ready until the next day right at the time we needed to depart for the shuttle to the port. Walter was kind enough to take my husband to the pharmacy right before leaving and was not grumpy or irritated. Just helpful and funny.

We are so thankful for the understanding, the friendly staff, the best customer service and personal touch your staff showed us. We truly were so blown away by the kindness and sincere care that I had to say something.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before our cruise. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We used the pool, hot tub and exercise facilities. Very beautiful pool area. They offered a free morning breakfast that included waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, danishes, cereal, fruit. They had juices, coffee and teas. Very nice choices for a free breakfast. This hotel is also close to a mall, Target, Kohls and other shopping choices. Lots of restaurants to choose from too. They offer a free shuttle to the cruise port on the morning of your cruise. That was a nice and hassle free way of starting our cruise vacation. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

3  Thank Toni F
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Wonderful hotel.....clean and well maintained. Friendly staff. Great breakfast with a wonderful variety to eat. Would definitely stay again

Room Tip: We stayed with family and we got adjoining Jack and Jill rooms. Which was great. But the Jack and Ji...
2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed at Hampton Inn from June 1st to June 4th 2012. The reception was not only welcoming but they were prepared for my visit and made every attempt to satisfy my booking requests. Breakfast was extensive, tasty and hot. Rooms were clean. Housekeeping provided service with a smile. The shuttle service provided transportion to/from the airport and to area malls/offices. This service was prompt and efficient once booked in advance - they also tried to staisfy ad hoc requests.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karlenev
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We just got back from an 8 night cruise out of Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. Before the cruise, I had read good reviews on trip advisor about the Hampton Inn Plantation Airport/ cruise port. I booked through stay123 and got free parking for the entire cruise. If I had booked directly through the hotel, we would have had to pay $25 for parking. We arrived at the hotel Friday night and the earliest shuttle we could get to the port was 1:00 pm. We usually try to get to the port by 10:30 am. It all worked out for the best because I had forgotten to pack some things because of a busy schedule at work before we left. We were able to shop at the JCP in the mall behind the hotel and the Target next to the hotel. We got on the shuttle at 12:50 and arrived at the port right after it stopped raining-perfect timing for us. The line wasn't as long getting there after 1:00. The hotel shuttle to the port and pick up after the cruise was free for all 8 of us in our group. We booked 2 hotel rooms. It was less expensive staying in the hotel for the night than it would have been to park at the port for our 8 night cruise. We were very pleased with the shuttle service. When we returned, we got on the shuttle 5 minutes after we went through customs. The hotel was very nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was good. It was a little crowded one time I went down but later, it was fine. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we go out of Port Everglades and I will highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay before the cruise with free shuttle service and free parking.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank lucy2mb
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Last weekend(friday may 11th and saturday 12th), my wife had a dance competition around the plantation area. Since it was going to take 2 straight days(and driving to Miami back and forth was going to be really tiring and inconvenient), we decided to book a room for one-night in the Hampton Inn, which it was located no longer than 10 min.(driving distance) from the competition. We went early on friday..the check-in process didn't take longer than 5 min..and even the room was ready!!. We just went to the room, left our stuff inside, and left to the competition. I have to say that the lady at the check-in/front desk was really nice and attentive(I didn't get her name..but after we left our stuff in the room and she saw us leaving, she asked if everything was ok in the room). This hotel might not be the cheapest option around the area, but I decided to book a room in Hampton Inn only because I have hilton honors membership(I need to get my points for a free night!! LOL) and also, I have had a very good experience with them in the past. Besides, the room comes with a microwave and fridge(which we used), complimentary wifi, and breakfast(I have to say that I was a bit dissapointed with the breakfast selection this time). The hotel has a great location; it has a mall next door, supermarkets(whole foods and publix), walgreens, and many restaurant options nearby. The hotel is perfect for business travelers, cruisers(the port and airport are really close from the hotel), and also those tourists on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank robchateau
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I used this hotel for my May wedding, and worked with the hotel manager to get a 40+ room block where all of my out of town guests stayed. My guests loved the staff, service, and was very happy with their stay. It was a great family oriented hotel, and the staff was just awesome. Working with the manager was a breeze, she made this part of my wedding planning easy. I also stayed here on my wedding night and the staff was just the sweetest group, who provided excellent service. Thanks for everything Susan and staff!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhi21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!