“Excellent place to stay!”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent place to stay!”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After having a bad experience at the Quality Inn in Plantation, we were in desperate need of a new place to stay for our 10 day impromptu vacation, and left without reservations. The front desk staff was beyond friendly and helpful. They were very understanding.They made sure the room was perfect for the 3 of us. Very clean property. The housekeeping department was spot on. The breakfast attendants were wonderful. The staff was really great! Great price, and great value!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Tuscumbia, Alabama
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Although the lobby is being renovated, everyone functions well. The staff couldn't be more pleasant, friendly and helpful, including the cleaning ladies who have twice backtracked to clean my room. Centrally located in Plantation, Fl., close to lots of things. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had, the freshly made waffles are actually made from real waffle mix, the fresh fruit is excellent, and the coffee is probably the best I've ever had from a breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel is far from award winning as it claims and is not at the level of previous Hampton Inns I have stayed at. I stayed here for 1 night as part of a wedding party 2 weekends ago. The hotel had free shuttle service from the airport, which was a plus. I walked in and the hotel was touting they were a Tripadvisor Award Winner (but I don't see any awards listed on the site here). As I walked to my room, the walls seemed dirty and dark. The place didn't feel fresh and clean. When I got to my room, the walls had plenty of marks/scuff. The beds seemed clean and fine to me. But when I went to the bathroom, I noticed small items from a previous guest still in the bathroom. The area around the shower was still wet. Seems like housekeeping did a poor job of cleaning up. Seeing as how I was in a rush to get ready and get to the wedding, I just ignored it.

We knew we were going to be out late that night partying after my friend's wedding. I knew I would just call and ask for late checkout in the morning. So I call the front desk in the morning and the very rude lady on the phone says and I quote, "Check-out is at 12. I can't give you late check-out because I gave it to someone else in your wedding party. I had to beg to get it for that guest and I won't do it again." As I'm contemplating how ridiculous and rude this sounds, I just hang up the phone. So I gather my things, get ready, and go downstairs. I talked to a different lady at the front desk and asked her about the situation because I've never been denied a late check-out EVER in my life. She says sorry and that I should have been given the late check-out. I let her know that the hotel has horrible customer service and poor communication between management and staff. And here is the negative review I promised the lady at the front desk. I'd find a newer, cleaner, and more respectful place to stay.

Room Tip: Here's a tip: DON'T stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank a300zx4pak
Florence, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night while waiting to go on our honeymoon. The room was nice, and very adequate for a one night stay. The biggest draw for us was that they had a shuttle service that took us to our cruise port. The shuttle service to the cruise port was timely anf very convenient. They also allow you to leave your car for the duration of your cruise for a nominal fee. This was definitely helpful as parking can be outrageous. I recommend staying here is you are in need of a place to stay and keep your car while planning a cruise.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Billy V
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is the best place for the money. Their shuttle service is excellent. They picked us up at the end of the cruise and then provide shuttle service to sawgrass outlet stores and restaurants so our large family could dine in comfort. Last of all they took us to the airport. Breakfast was very good with eggs, bacon, fruit and continental stuff and waffles. It is also smoke and pet free.

Room Tip: if u plan outlet shopping, this the best hotel. it is close and the shuttle service saves taxi fare.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank george p
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2012

On Friday 6/1/12 my husband, son and I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale gearing up for a 8-day cruise out of Port Everglades. Unfortunately, we had hotel reservations at Cocoa Beach which happens to be three hours away from Port Everglades. I mistakenly thought our cruise departed from Port Canaveral as opposed to Port Everglades. Opps! I realized our mistake upon our arrival in FLL when we were asking about the free shuttle to Cocoa Beach! We cancelled our Cocoa Beach reservation and realized that there was a Hampton Inn in Plantation. We had stayed there before and loved it!

I spoke with Debbie Cote and she was as friendly and helpful as I could have hoped for seeing that I felt terrible for making the error. The Hampton Inn, staff were able to accommodate us for that evening and sent over the shuttle to pick us up. Pricila, Elizabeth, Schivana and drivers Walter and Sergeo were wonderful. The night before our flight to Florida our son broke out with a nasty rash from a vaccine reaction and our pediatrician prescribed a couple of medications to take on our trip just in case we needed them. We didn’t have time to fill them in Chicago, so we decided to do so in Ft. Lauderdale. Debbie and Pricila gave us directions to a cople of pharmacies. We walked to the closest one only to find out that they couldn’t fill them. A larger pharmacy chain was able to fill the prescription but it would not be ready until the next day right at the time we needed to depart for the shuttle to the port. Walter was kind enough to take my husband to the pharmacy right before leaving and was not grumpy or irritated. Just helpful and funny.

We are so thankful for the understanding, the friendly staff, the best customer service and personal touch your staff showed us. We truly were so blown away by the kindness and sincere care that I had to say something.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before our cruise. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We used the pool, hot tub and exercise facilities. Very beautiful pool area. They offered a free morning breakfast that included waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, danishes, cereal, fruit. They had juices, coffee and teas. Very nice choices for a free breakfast. This hotel is also close to a mall, Target, Kohls and other shopping choices. Lots of restaurants to choose from too. They offer a free shuttle to the cruise port on the morning of your cruise. That was a nice and hassle free way of starting our cruise vacation. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family