“Nice hotel and close to Shopping”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Nice Hotel in quite neighborhood. Very friendly and helpful staff. This Hotel is close to several shopping area's like Westfield Mall (Broward) and Sawgrass Mills. Also good restaurants close by. Rooms are equipped with all the things you need. Microwave, fridge, coffee bar etc. Very recommendable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed at the property in mid-October over night between flying in and then leaving on a cruise. One thing we were looking for was a clean property with shuttles both from the airport and to the cruise port. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns so we chose this property. I had read the reviews that say the wait at the airport can be very long- Believe them!!!! We waited over an hour, called 3 or 4 times. However when they did show up the driver was very kind and pleasant. In fact the driver, Walter, was the delight of our stay, he took us to dinner and wine shopping and then to the port the next morning. What they didn’t tell me when talked to the desk when making the reservation is that shuttles only run once per hour. So if you arrive at the wrong time, expect an hour or more wait.
I also agree that these were some of the worst pillows I have ever had. Breakfast is OK, a little upgraded, with meat and two kinds of eggs along with bakery and waffles. But I don’t expect much more of a free breakfast. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated.
The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, but as I stated before the weekend driver Walter made our stay a delight!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank PPergol
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I know this isn't the hotel's fault (that's why I still gave them a 4 out of 5), but we had a crazy experience. Let's start from the beginning we stayed 4 nights and the hotel was very clean. The first night we were there, we attended happy hour (free wine/beer and cookies) which was fun and nice of them, but the wine was terrible. The staff was super friendly and our rooms were in good condition. We did notice that the hotel smelled A LOT. The downstairs smelled like bathroom and our actual room smelled like a petting zoo (JUST like a petting zoo). It was clean though, so we let it go. Side note, the hotel smelled the whole time, which we thought was odd. I did noticed the bathroom doors downstairs in the lobby were open a lot so maybe that's where the smell was coming from? As our stay went on we noticed that our air didn't seem to be working very well. The last night we were there (we went to bed around 11 to get up and leave by 3:30am for our flight) we got woken up by the fire alarm in our room and black smoke was rolling out of our AC. We called the front desk and they were very nice and gave us another room, but we didn't get our stuff moved and settled in until almost 1am :/. Again, I know that's not the hotel's fault and they were very nice (didn't give us the night free though), but either way, it sucked!

We had the breakfast in the morning; it was ok, nothing special. Powdered eggs, waffles, some fruit, oatmeal and cereal.
We used the workout facility and the pool, both were very nice and in good shape.
Oh also -- worst pillows I've ever experienced at a hotel I think. All of us hated them (3 people).

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is in good proximity to Nova Southeastern University. It is tucked away so it seems like there is nothing around (or really that it's just a commerce park) but there are all kinds of stores and restaurants just a few blocks away on SW 6th St/University. The staff were welcoming and accommodating. The rate was great, $99. The room was decent and actually very spacious. It had a mini fridge, microwave, and nice sitting area. I really like having a fridge and microwave while traveling. However, the room (404) was at the very end of the hall (not a problem) but near the laundry room so I could hear the dryers running. It was slightly annoying but fortunately I'm not a light sleeper and the a/c drowned out the noise but could be a problem for light sleepers. The hotel isn't new (I think it's been renovated) but it was a good place to stay for price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

When my flight was delayed, the girl behind the counter made sure that I was able to get to the hotel. She had a small snack for me since I didn't eat for a while and got me to my room quickly. When I woke up for my interview at a nearby medical school, the driver took me directly to the place I needed to go. Excellent service!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times before and were always very positive about the quality. This time we were disappointed about several things;
The check-in was very slow. It was 10pm when we checked in driving up from Miami airport...there were quite some people waiting to get their room. There was only one person working behind the front desk. We had reserved a crib for our, which took a long time to be delivered to our room...when it arrived there were no sheets...therefor it took a long time before we could get our daughter into bed.
There was a moldy smell in the hotel..this was never the case before. We noticed that some rooms on the 5th floor were open and some airconditioning units were sitting in the corridor..
The hotel is definately due for an overhaul. Many places in the corridor, elivator and rooms showed wear.. Wood that is scratched, bathroom mirror that was stained, spots on the walls..noisy airconditioning, etc.
The bed was okay..the breakfast basic.
A overhual needs to be done to this hotel...otherwise it is just too much money for the quality.
We would not stay here again if it stays in the state it is now or worse...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Shonelle B, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Edwin B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We always try to do everything that we can to ensure a positive stay, and I apologize that your expectations were not met.

Thank you again for your review, as it will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!

Best regards,

Shonelle B

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I felt very comfortable as it were a family oriented hotel. Daily I felt welcome. The staff are great and I'm always seeing improvements whenever I visit. The hotel is located in an areas with restaurants, and great shopping all with walking distance. Or I'm sure the shuttle would be more than happy to drop you. Awesome place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
3  Thank David L

David L,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your time and your business. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation area.

Best regards,