“"Crusing"” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Davenport, Iowa
“"Crusing"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Liked the hotel, front desk personal was awesome.....The shuttle picked us up at the airport, to the hotel and also from the hotel to the cruise port. Rooms were comfortable, hotel clean. My two complaints about this property was a lot of older kids running around and very noisey (must have been a soccer tournament in town) and I know this was not their fault, and the other was the shuttle driver. Not very good at driving .

• 4 of 5 bubbles
John L, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that we were able to offer you a great stay during your trip. We are most pleased to hear that you received great service from our staff and appreciate your accolades. We took care of the inconvenience with the kids and addressed the driving situation. We're looking forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is clean, efficient, and convenient to the port everglade cruise terminals. Prices are very high for a Hampton Inn if you don't book well in advance. They do offer(for a fee) a park and cruise option with transportation to the terminals.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank 259steved
John L, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thanks for sharing your comments. I hope you come back to stay with us soon.
New Richmond, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I work in the area 2-3 weeks per month. Due to a project emergency, I was unable to leave on Friday as I normally do and had to find a last minute room. I had been thinking about staying at this property in the recent weeks because in a year with very high 'peak' seasonal rates, this property has been running lower than the rest of the Hilton properties in the area.

Many properties select prime rooms for the diamonds that are staying but with the last minute nature of the booking, I was not counting on that and thought I may get a less desirable room. Even if my room was assigned later in the game, it was a nice room.

Checkin was a breeze and I always enjoy seeing families using the breakfast area to eat as a group with takeout food/pizza, etc. as was the case this Friday night. This property clearly makes a shift from a business property on the weekdays to a leisure property on the weekends. I was in room 409, a king with a fridge. The room was spacious as a standard room and the bathroom had a 4x8 mirror that was well lit. That is a signature of an older property but I like that. The TV is older and does not have the directv option that so many newer properties are switching to. The bed was a signature Hampton bed although was showing age as it was a little but more saggy than most.

I did not get to explore the rest of the facility as I was in late, sleeping and out early. Breakfast was up promptly at 6 AM and was the usual Hampton fare. Despite families and leisure travelers, I did not hear a peep outside or around my room. A nice quiet rest.

The proximity of this property to the cruiseport, airport, Florida Turnpike, 95 and 75 are convenient. Located walking distance from many shops, restaurants, a mall and a 12 screen theater. If you have a car, just northwest a short drive is the BB&T Center and Sawgrass MIlls Shopping Center.

For those looking for airport shuttle, while they have it, this is still a short hike to FLL. I personally would not consider this an airport hotel. Flying in and out of there weekly has taught me that the loop in, through the airport and back from FLL takes time even before they make stops to drop and pick up passengers. Their location in proximity to FLL means you could be waiting a while for the shuttle. The website says the drive is 10 minutes but I think that is too low. My advice is that if you are looking for a hotel with an airport shuttle, stay closer OR don't complain that you have to wait.

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: You can never go wrong being on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for staying with us and for the high ratings. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We would love to see you return in the near future... thanks again.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed one night while in town on business. Conveniently located off the 595 expressways the hotel was easily accessible from I-75 & I-95 making travel into Ft. Lauderdale/Miami easy to navigate. Near a shopping mall, many dining options were available. My request for possible early check-in was graciously honored. The housekeeper had made a special effort to have the room ready by 1:00 pm. The room was clean & comfortable. Lots of fluffy towels. After my long drive, I really appreciated being able to freshen up before leaving to an early meeting. Dianne, at the desk, was friendly and helpful, supplying a city map & directions and a chuckle or two. She had a great sense of humor. Before leaving I enjoyed a light breakfast. There were both hot & cold offerings & delicious piping hot coffee. Evelyn, the cafe hostess, was very attentive to the buffet, always cleaning & refilling. After my stop I have nothing put praise for this staff. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your great review and strong ratings. I always appreciate when guests take the time to personally recognize some of our great staff such as Dianne and Evelyn. I will make sure to share with them. Look forward to your return!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were part of the group that booked the taxi with pat4299 but were not so lucky with the shuttle from the airport as our flight was 1 1/2 hours earlier than hers. On the ride from the airport we learned that the second shuttle van had a flat tire. It was still out front with a flat tire the next morning! I am glad I wasn't involved in the shuttle to the port. It probably didn't go well considering the number of cruisers. It is my feeling that the hotel should have covered taxi costs.
The hotel itself was okay. The bistro just behind was a great spot for dinner and a beer. I was impressed with the necessary amount of room provided for the breakfast. I also feel that it is overpriced.

1 Thank socialc54
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you did not find our free shuttle service useful enough. I am sure you noticed the amount of traffic going in and out of port Everglades which in many ocassions cause delays that are beyond our control. We work hard to extend a warm hospitality experience to every guest and I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Constructive feedback is essential for a business to succeed and I will make sure we put your comments to good use from a training perspective.
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I gave an average rating because they didn't have something between poor and average.

I stayed at this hotel the night before a cruise primarily because it offered shuttle service from the airport to their location, and then again from their location to the cruise port. I lucked out with timing, and the shuttle pick up at the airport went well. However, upon checking in, I was informed that the earliest available shuttle to the port was at 1:00 p.m. Fortunately, I was in line with some others and we formed an impromptu group and booked our own shuttle to the port. The young lady at the front desk was VERY helpful in accomplishing this.

As for the rooms, the hotel is old....quite old. I was looking forward to a nice hot bath after a long day of flying, and instead, found myself in a Handicap room, with a shower only. Word of caution.....do not sit on the chair they have in there......there was some gross looking stuff growing in the drain holes.....I didn't even rest my foot on it when I shaved my legs! They were very busy, so I had to try three floors before I found ice. The breakfast they supplied in the morning was the standard motel buffet, but it had plenty for everyone.

In my opinion, this hotel is very overpriced, but they seem to do a booming business thanks to cruisers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments and my apologies for not meeting your expectations. I am of course disappointed with the shortfalls you experienced during your stay and truly feel that you didn't have a chance to see our hotel and staff in the same light as most of our guests have. If you can contact me via our website email, I would love to review in more detail these issues and have an appropriate follow up directly with you.
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel the night before departing for a cruise. When I was told it would be at 45 minutes for an airport pick-up I opted for a taxi. You need to figure a $30.00 fare. The hotel has a good location within walking distance of a mall, which is a real plus. We decided to go into Fort Lauderdale for dinner and the hotel set us up with a limo.
The hotel staff is very friendly and went out of their way to insure we were happy with our stay. The breakfast is crowded, but you have to expect that with all the rooms having at least 2 people with most making a deadline to get to the cruise ships.
The transportation to the ship was complimentary, which you do not see in most hotels. The van is FULL though, and fortunately it is a fairly short ride.
All in all it is not a bad choice at all for a 1 night stay before a cruise, but it would be a better choice if they provided better airport service.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.