“Standard Fare”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
deltaraider21
“Standard Fare”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hard to find, poor signage, difficult to enter from roadway. Room were standard Hampton, building is old and starting to show it age. The AC had to be turned down lower, as the cool air blow up behind the curtain and onto the warm windows. It was 90 outside. All and all, it was alright, but nothing special. Breakfast was standard as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank deltaraider21
Shonelle B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property. We appreciate your time and your business. Please accept my sincere apolgy for the less than satisfactory stay. I will be looking into the issue with the AC and the curtains.

Shonelle Boucher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Dyersburg
Reviewed 29 April 2014

From the manager to the van driver this place is great. Location is excellent for shopping, restaurants and cruise ports. The shuttle for the port is WONDERFUL to have available. I was impressed with the area since everything was within walking distance. Movie theatre adjacent to mail across the road. The area looks like a quaint small town.

Room Tip: There is no bad room in this location.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure being your host while you were in our area. Thank you for staying with us and for your kind thoughts about our hotel and our team.

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I called 3 days prior to my trip to confirm my rooms and was told by the Manager that 2 of my 3 rooms under my Booking Number were cancelled so I booked one more there and one next door because the hotel was sold out. Then when we arrived early in the day the 3 original rooms were in the system. She refused to cancel the extra room that she booked or to honor the booking rate confirmation amount I had confirmed in a letter. In fact she charged me a much higher rate. Her words were "My job is to make money for this hotel" . Then she rudely told me in front of other customers that "She had already wasted too much time with my problems" . I love Hampton Inn's but will never stay at that hotel again nor recommend it to anyone else because of her.
If you have to stay there, The hotel & Breakfast were adequate . Had to walk several blocks for food so be aware food is not readily available except for breakfast. Be prepared for a long wait for airport shuttle and make sure a reserve your Cruise Port Shuttle for the next day when you check in.

Room Tip: Rooms were fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LEANNE S
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced. Our goal is to do everything within our power to make every guest experience a special one. Please accept my apology for not being able to provide the accomodations you expected.

Minneola, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is heavily trafficked by cruise line passengers from all over. Which ages the hotel itself a bit faster and can make the breakfast area less appealing at times when it's crowded. There were times when we went to McDonald's or IHOP down the street for comfort and efficiency. I did not use the pool or other amenities on this visit. The staff is very friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the housekeeping. The location is very central yet off the main roads enough to be quiet. There is a mall (complete with movie theater) walking distance away and a fair amount of local restaurants to choose from. Rooms are decent on space, clean, and cozy. This will be a top choice whenever we're in the area in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property. We appreciate your time and your business. I hope that you will have the time during your next visit to enjoy our amenities. My apologies for the crowded breakfast area.

Port of Spain
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Very good location. We enjoyed other conveniences such as complimentary breakfast and wifi. The only damper on our stay was the 1 1/2 hour wait for the airport shuttle bus for a 15 min ride to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank StarlitePortofSpain
I understand how much of an inconvenience the shuttle wait must have been and would like to offer my sincere apologies. I would also like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. This will help us in our training process and to fine tune our services for your future visits.

Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed here many times. It is in a good location. Restaurants, shopping near by.
I have always felt safe and able to walk in the area. Staff is super nice. Breakfast is good and there is a nightly snack/happy hour in the lobby

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind praise of our staff and our hotel. We appreciate you our valued guest.

ohio
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Flew in to ft. Lauderdale and called hotel to pick us up. We were told it would be 35 to 40 minutes. (Ugh). BUT we stood outside in our winter clothing and waited. After 45 minutes, I called back. They told me it would be about 25 minutes! After 25 minutes, I called hotel again, and this time the front desk called the driver. He was 20 minutes away... REALLY? My flight was shorter then my wait. When van finally showed up, the driver said he'd had only one phone call from hotel.

Once at hotel, it is clean and well kept. However, our room was on third floor, which is one of the renovated rooms... I have no idea about rooms that have not been renovated yet.

Location is close to two shopping malls (walking distance), and many doing places.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank betdonoh
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I understand how inconvenience the shuttle wiat must have been and would like to sincerely apologize. We are working on improving our shuttle service procedures in order to better accommodate every guest.