“bring your own cleaning supplies in sheets”

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
“bring your own cleaning supplies in sheets”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

not a bad location not a bad set up the worst cleaning. what into the room and was hit with the smell of dirty carpet the bed was made but you can tell that the sheet will not ffresh. upon further inspection I found blood fresh blood on one of the pillows. good thing I know how to travel I had my own sheets I went out and bought a new comforter. me and my husband always travel with cleaning supplies. cute little kitchenette was cleaned by me. the bathroom toilet check it it was dirty also cleaned by me. tarp placed on the bed and our sheets were placed on it. forgot to bring our pillows so we placed their pillows in a plastic bag. then put our pillow cases on it. other than that with strict house keeping the place is not that bad. just be warned bring your own cleaning supplies and own bedding.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Acordova1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our company takes cleanliness very seriously and I am working with our staff to ensure that our services are more in line with our company's high standards moving forward. As well, we are going to provide your room with a deep clean to ensure this issue does not affect our future guests.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have stayed at several hotels in the area for Softball Tournaments but had not stayed at this location before. It's very close to shopping and the softball fields. Having said that, I think there are better places to stay when they are charging the same price as everyone else. Breakfast is your choice of 3 coffees, a protein bar, apple, hot water, or a muffin in a plastic wrapper. This is the same at any ESA hotel. You do have a small kitchen, so you can make your own breakfast. The TV is small, and yes, you have very few channels to choose from. The Wi-Fi is very slow and weak. You are asked to pay for an upgrade to get faster speeds which I still found slower than the 4G on my phone. The pool is outdoors and judging from the objects on the bottom of it, had not been cleaned recently (4 days). We decided against swimming in it while we were there.
Overall we would stay there again if we absolutely had to, but there are better choices close by for the same price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that our hotel's location was convenient to the tournament you were attending; however, I apologize that the property did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are working to improve our offerings, including the grab-and-go breakfast, channel line-up and outdoor pool, and will continue to do so moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Reserved a 2-bed room. Got a king bed and a very uncomfortable pull-out couch.
Toilet rocked on base.
Front door entry system did not work after hours and front desk clerk did not answer phone to let guests in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We just needed something easy and convenient and only one night. Great location with lots of shopping and restaurants. Easy to get to. We leave for the cruise port in the morning and this hotel worked great for us as it's only 10 miles to port and a lot cheaper

Stayed December 2013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The room was fine especially since a two night stay turned into a one night stay because our daughter became very ill just as we were boarding the plane to fly to Miami. The hotel and priceline very graciously refunded the missed night because of our terrible circumstances even though they didn't have to. We had a bunch of packages sent to the hotel and they were all there for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our only problem is that the hotel is on 6th street and finding it especially at night is very difficult because the sign is invisible. There were a couple ladies there checking in as we were checking out because they had not found the place the previous night. I had to ask around to find it - turn at Barnes and Noble. Fine all round otherwise.

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DWB777
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Anyone travels away from home feels lonely, homesick or a stranger in another town, but at the Extended Stay Plantation I feel home. I am from UK, I have been coming at least 3 times a year for the last 2 and a half years. I have stayed in many Hotels even 4 and 5 stars hotels but I have never felt home like the way I feel when I am at Extended Stay Plantation.
The hotel is located in a very nice area, from the front side of the hotel within walking distance there is a big plaza with restaurants and shops, the i595 interstate is 5 min drive from the hotel, from the back side of the Hotel is the mall which is a walking distance as well and opposite the mall there is Target super store. The rooms are spacious, very clean and neat, the hotel has excellent facilities. However, what made me choose this hotel is not just what I mentioned above, but the way I was treated and welcomed by the staff from the Manager Jennifer to Valery, Rose, John, Alison, Mario, Lena, Peaches, Kevin, Shaun the maintenance technician and of course the lovely room service ladies they are all brilliant. A special thank to Jennifer for being a great manager and a lovely person. I would definitely highly recommend this property to anybody in the Ft. Lauderdale area!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MujibAbo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an amazing review. I'm so pleased to hear that not only did our staff provide you with outstanding customer service, but your accommodations exceeded your expectations over and over again. The staff and I take great pride in our hotel and really appreciate the warm comments.

Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The room was very clean, It was quiet, Very safe and nice area, pool area looked nice. Only problem was no queen size bed. it is complicated to get here,a map or gps is very helpful. There is lots of mall type shopping nearby, but no convenience stores

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our bed type did not meet your needs; however, it's great to hear that our hotel was comfortable during your stay.