“Great place to stay!”

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very clean hotel. Very close to Nova Southeastern University, shopping malls, restaurants and about 15 mins from the beaches. Hotel staff was extremely nice, greeting us as soon as we walked in. Rooms were very spacious and none smelling. Good coffee and quick grab and go breakfast. I have already booked my room for August. As well as I have recommended this location to others that are coming to visit Ft. Lauderdale in the coming months. I slept well, even though the bed as extra firm!!! Hotel rates were pretty good too.

Room Tip: I had a 2nd floor King room over entrance.(Corner)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

From the moment I stepped into the lobby I was greeted warmly. All of the staff members I encountered were nothing short of helpful and kind. Before booking the hotel, I had read about how some rooms were dirty and how some had an odor but when I checked in and got to my room it was spotless with absolutely no odor. The kitchen was great (full size refrigerator/freezer, sink, two panel flat top stove, good enough counter space, coffee maker, toaster, utensils, plates, cups/mugs and pots), the bathroom was clean and, most importantly, they had hot water! (I had read that they didn't have any but they do!)

The bed was a great size, with clean sheets/pillow and the desk and little kitchenette area was clean also. There was also a good size closet, iron and ironing board and an easy to maneuver cooling/heating system. The only thing that caught me off guard was the channel selections. Normally there are a few more channels in the television selection but that was not a deal breaker because I didn't watch alot of television during my stay.

Either way, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My stay here was great. I was very surprise to see how clean the room was although I did my own cleaning. The only thing was the smell in the room. It smelled like old smoke and it wasn't good for my asthma but I fixed da problem.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Pros: Hotel was nice on the surroundings and area, staff was ok and friendly. Good location near the mall.

Cons: Very expensive considering the quality of the stay. Our room was in the first floor and had a terribly strong smell (it was a non-smoking room but it smelled like a smoker room), all the clothes we left in the closet had the smell all over. Every time you went into the room the smell would hit you.

We moved our chekout date to leave earlier, I would not return to this hotel and went to a different ESA, completely different experinece.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The room was nice and I liked the kitchen area with full sized fridge but the water in the bathroom did not get hot, no ice machines, water only in vending machine but was sold out and the side entrance closest to my room was dirty and had not been swept the 3 days I was there. I was also disappointed that because I booked through another site (hotels.com) I did not get amenities such as housekeeping, there was an additional charge. These things should be mentioned during purchase especially considering the amount that was paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry if our housekeeping policy was not explained to you prior to checking in. Lastly, I apologize for the issues you had with your hot water. I will be sure to meet with our maintenance staff regarding your review. Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed in room 135. It was the first time staying in an ESA and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The room is a handicap room so it met all my needs and then some. The furnishings in the room were excellent and the room and hotel were so quiet!!! Loved it!!! Bed comfort is awesome, but I missed breakfast because I checked in late and got up later. The handicap shower was really nice with lots of room. The hotel seemed to be very new / well constructed and the parking was easy to get in and out.
I wish I could have stayed longer, but I arrived with no reservations and all the hotels in the Miami area were completely booked because of the boat races, etc. (unknown to me). The wi-fi in the room was extremely slow so I gave up on trying to use it.
Rose was so helpful on the phone and was above and beyond with her customer service skills. The management should give her a raise!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Paul – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet, comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that our staff, especially Rose, provided you with great customer service. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so it’s great to hear that we were able to meet that goal. Still, I apologize that your Wi-Fi did not work. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Room is excellent very clean awesome location there is a mall right behind it in walking distance with everything you need including movie theatre there is a grill out by the pool to cook nice laundry room with plenty of machines and a very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean, convenient location and our laundry facilities. As well, I’m glad that you found our staff to be nice and helpful during your stay with us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
WoodSpring Suites Fort Lauderdale

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!