Do Not Stay Here!
This motel is not somewhere that should be advertising clean swimming pools and plush beds. That is so misleading to potential renters. When you enter the property you are actually welcomed to cracked walls, a very tiny main office that looks like just a drive thru window (not that thats a problem but i thought it should be noted here to paint a full picture for anyone reading this), leaking air conditioners that drip on the floors and staircases beneath it creating dangerous puddles in the middles of the walkways to the rooms (you can actually see the stream of water pouring over the banister), a small unsanitary bar with smutty chairs and stools, a filthy and very small pool that looks like it hasnt been cleaned for months, broken room doors that jam and dont open sometimes, leaning banister rails and staff who do not care about your preference. There is no beauty about this place at all. It is quite disgusting and should be shut down for uncleanilness.
When i walked into my room there was a heavy odor like stale cigarettes or cigars and mold. The odor was so heavy that my face automatically formed a frown. I spotted several roaches crawling on the walls, bed posts, on the sink in the bathroom, by the micowave and i saw one inside the dresser drawer. This happened to be the only drawer not missing a handle mind you, the rest of them were broken off. The carpet was damp and filthy. Need an example of how dirty? Well i dared to take off my shoes and walk around in my clean white socks and almost immediately the bottoms of my socks were grimy like i'd been walking around in the street all day. The lights are dim which makes everything look even dingier than it already is. The television was sticky from dust and food. The microwave was broken- not that i was going to use it i was observing everything. There was garbage under the bed. The comforter and sheets were used and smelled of cheap mens cologne and fish. One of the lamps in the room didnt work. The bathroom sink had water stains around it. The "complimentary" soap was open and used. There was less than a half roll of toilet tissue in the bathroom and no extra for replacement. The towels were grayish and tattered (there were strings of fabric loose and forming holes in the towels). The bathtub had soap scum at the drainn and the shower curtain was moldy and stained. It didnt even look new.
This place was just disgusting. I could not bring myself to stay here for fear of roaches crawling into my luggage, getting a rash or breaking out from the sheets, towels or comforter I also feared being tainted with that awful smell. I do not recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for somewhere clean to stay. There are otehr alternatives that are just as cheap. Please dont do it to yourself or the person you plan on putting here. It is just degrading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Inn Hotel - Plantation/Fort LauderdaleFlorida is just 10 minutes to the famous Sawgrass Mills Mall, Broward Mall and Florida's biggest swap shop and the Circus. We are 10 minutes to Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Airport, Downtown and 7 miles to the beaches. Located adjacent to the Plantation General Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Plantation Inn Hotel & Lounge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Inn Hotel And Lounge
- Plantation Hotel Lounge
- Plantation Inn Hotel & Lounge Florida