“Horrified and Disgusted!!!”

NY
“Horrified and Disgusted!!!”
Reviewed 8 January 2008

Do Not Stay Here!

This motel is not somewhere that should be advertising clean swimming pools and plush beds. That is so misleading to potential renters. When you enter the property you are actually welcomed to cracked walls, a very tiny main office that looks like just a drive thru window (not that thats a problem but i thought it should be noted here to paint a full picture for anyone reading this), leaking air conditioners that drip on the floors and staircases beneath it creating dangerous puddles in the middles of the walkways to the rooms (you can actually see the stream of water pouring over the banister), a small unsanitary bar with smutty chairs and stools, a filthy and very small pool that looks like it hasnt been cleaned for months, broken room doors that jam and dont open sometimes, leaning banister rails and staff who do not care about your preference. There is no beauty about this place at all. It is quite disgusting and should be shut down for uncleanilness.

When i walked into my room there was a heavy odor like stale cigarettes or cigars and mold. The odor was so heavy that my face automatically formed a frown. I spotted several roaches crawling on the walls, bed posts, on the sink in the bathroom, by the micowave and i saw one inside the dresser drawer. This happened to be the only drawer not missing a handle mind you, the rest of them were broken off. The carpet was damp and filthy. Need an example of how dirty? Well i dared to take off my shoes and walk around in my clean white socks and almost immediately the bottoms of my socks were grimy like i'd been walking around in the street all day. The lights are dim which makes everything look even dingier than it already is. The television was sticky from dust and food. The microwave was broken- not that i was going to use it i was observing everything. There was garbage under the bed. The comforter and sheets were used and smelled of cheap mens cologne and fish. One of the lamps in the room didnt work. The bathroom sink had water stains around it. The "complimentary" soap was open and used. There was less than a half roll of toilet tissue in the bathroom and no extra for replacement. The towels were grayish and tattered (there were strings of fabric loose and forming holes in the towels). The bathtub had soap scum at the drainn and the shower curtain was moldy and stained. It didnt even look new.

This place was just disgusting. I could not bring myself to stay here for fear of roaches crawling into my luggage, getting a rash or breaking out from the sheets, towels or comforter I also feared being tainted with that awful smell. I do not recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for somewhere clean to stay. There are otehr alternatives that are just as cheap. Please dont do it to yourself or the person you plan on putting here. It is just degrading.

• Liked — The availability of parking
  • Disliked — The roaches
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JazzyladyNy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
D.C. Metro Area
Reviewed 26 December 2007

This motel is NOT for tourist, local residents are the target customers. The area was under constant police surveillance, which made it clear that a lot of undesirables frequent the location. The property lacked even the simplest amenities (clean linen etc). The bedding and towels were stained, the room had roaches, and the shower curtain had mold! I am a travel agent, specializing in discount travel and this place totally disgusted me. Of course, I got what I paid for, a cheap motel for a cheap price.

If you’re looking for a cheap place to put your luggage while out on the town (Fort Lauderdale/Miami) then this motel is for you! If you actually plan to spend the majority of your time on the property, I would stay else where.

Jeaneen Bodie
Wyld N Wunderful Travel & Entertainment

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Wyld_N_Wunderful
Southern CA
Reviewed 11 May 2007

The Manatees were great, but this hotel was awful. Our condo was $$ and the in dire need of a major renovation. Everything was dirty, there were cigarette ashes on a chair (non-smoking room requested), and the kitchen had no forks and about 3 spoons. The best was the front of the dishwasher was held together by packing tape! What a joke of a hotel. In addition, we left some newly purchased clothing in a duffle bag and for the past month I've been trying to have them mail to our home. Today I'll make my 4th call to the hotel to see if I can get a tracking number. Wonder if they have one.

• Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Zephyg
orlando
Reviewed 14 January 2007

The first thing you notice is the large number of transients loittering around the rooms and parking lot. As you get out of your car you are attacked by cat calls and panhandlers. That is just the outside. I didnt think it could get worse till I walked in the room. There were small roaches crawling around. The A/C unit was barely holding in there and the humidity was unbearable. The carpet was damp and soggy in the entire room probably due to the flooded bathroom. (the toilet was broken and running all night, so we couldnt use the bathroom) The sheets were stained and tattered. i couldnt bring myself to cover up with those things so i slept curled in a ball on top of the comforter. The "lounge" is really a reggae club that blares music till about 5am. And is accompanied by the shouting of 100's of people drinking and having a good time. What was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime turned into my worst nightmare. I couldnt even leave my room for fear of my personal safety, my good friend that happens to live across the street told me there is alot of drug dealing and violence there. I cant warn you enough! Stay away! I ended up crying myself to sleep.

Stayed November 2006
4 Thank cris21
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2005

This hotel is utterly gross. My fiance stayed at this hotel and i slept over only to wake up feeling disgusting. The air condition vents were held up on the wall by a half rotten rope and it made a lot of noise. Prostitutes and druggys hung around the place and the bathroom was disgusting. The pillows were taken from Holy Cross Hospital and they had stains on them and were held together by tape. The pillows, sheets, and towels looked like they came out of a toxic waste dump and the floors were so dirty that you couldnt walk around the room bare foot because it would be to dirty to sleep in the bed. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.Ever!!!!

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
United states
Reviewed 25 August 2005

I did not actually stay here after I viewed the "room" so I cannot say if this place is still in the same condition. Saw their ad in a coupon book advertising a limited number of rooms for $30 per night, and believe me you get what you pay for! The property was located in a rough neighbourhood, and when I went into the lobby, to ask to view one of the rooms, the lady said ok, go ahead. I said, don't I need a key? She said no, just go to the back of the hotel, along the chain link fence, those are the $30 rooms. I went past what appeared to be an outdoor laundromat, and people hanging on stairwells, and they appeared to be prostitutes and transients etc... The rooms along the back side DO NOT LOCK one window was almost completely busted out and the whole place was creepy. Needless to say, I did not stay there. I cannot believe that the health inspectors would let a place get like that.

• Stayed March 2000