“NIce location and good resturant”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Florida Keys, Florida
“NIce location and good resturant”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Been here the last few years for soccer tournaments and have enjoyed it more than some of the other in the vicinity. The restaurant downstairs is pricy, but they do serve good food. Rooms are clean, staff is nice and it is an exceptional location right off the freeway. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel is very nice and looks wonderful, but there were a few little things that let me down.

Overall, our stay was just fine, but I did find quite a bit of hair on our beds and in the shower. I'm not grossed out by this stuff, but I did find it to be a little more than the normal 1 hair here or there. I was also surprised to see what looked like a nut of some kind on the floor next to the trash can. Again nothing major, but it felt like, perhaps, that room was cleaned in a rush and not given the normal Marriott attention to detail.

There were two other things that were more of an annoyance than a problem, but it would definitely impact whether I choose to stay there again.
1: I was fairly surprised to see the 2-bed room was 2 full size beds, not queen size. I would expect a full service hotel like this to offer 2 queens.
2: $14.95 for wireless internet access. I do a lot of traveling for business and can't believe these hotels are actually still trying to charge for internet access when everyone has a smart phone they can use instead. At this stage of the tech game, give it up and offer complimentary wireless.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 270Mike
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Every week it's a different hotel, but at the end of a long, hot day.. it was so nice to walk into the Renaissance! I was greeted by one of the managers who walked me across the lobby to the check in desk. I had paid the extra $20 to upgrade to Club level, which was so worth it! They had a nice lounge on the 9th floor with appetizers and drinks, helped to relax before dinner. The food at
Bin 595 Eclectic Grille & Wine Bar , the on site restaurant, was very good! The Asiago pasta was excellent as was the goat cheese stuffed chicken. And my favorite part was the fact they had Aveda amenities in the room. The breakfast in the Club lounge was a nice assortment of eggs, breakfast meats, and fruits. All in all, great value and I will be back!

Room Tip: Go for Club level!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tazkiki
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Every time i arrive at this hotel I am greeted with smiling faces and positive attitudes. You do not have to ask for any thing they usually anticipate what you need. Like access to health facility or pool. Concierge level area could be improved but is above average.

Room Tip: you can either face the lagoon or highway, either is entertaining.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

The front desk persons r so warm , welcoming remember my name they all professionals happy to see us the customers.The G.M mr Kumar his controller ,&sales director r always available to welcome us. The concierge ladies R very helpful responsive to our needs. Everybody is super nice . Renaissance plantation is my favorite place & please make it yours. Enjoy your stay dear travelers.

• Stayed July 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013

All I can say is WOW. This hotel makes me so happy I could cry. Im not even sure where to begin. I got this off their website for $80 a night and that price barely gets you a motel 6 in some areas. The hotel is asthetically AMAZING. Most gorgeous hotel I've ever stayed in. Supposedly it was remodeled but I cant tell because it looks PERFECT. My room was amazing and the downstairs is just wow. The gym is quite large for a hotel so I was very happy to get in a good chest workout :) Plus they have free water and apples in there, along with headphones to enjoy the tv's on the treadmills/ellipticals. The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating. The level of professionalism from the staff was top notch. Never been so impressed in all my life! i would not hesitate to stay here again as the grounds are gorgeous too and very close to the largest outlet mall in florida! If there's any doubt, book it! You wont be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times so I decided it was time to write a review.

Pros: For the price I paid (around $100), I think this hotel is the best in the plantation/weston area. It does what it needs to do very well, it is very clean, the bed was comfortable, it was quiet and the staff was friendly. The hotel is modern compared to the other hotels in the area. I'm a sensitive sleeper and this hotel doesn't disappoint (even when I've stayed in the rooms that face the major highway). That being said, I do recommend paying the extra charge and getting a lakeview room if you are a light sleeper because it was a tad bit quieter on that side. Parking is free and there is a lot of it. Aveda products in the rooms which are nice and free toothpaste :)

Cons: You have to pay for internet. I think hotels need to just give it away or include it in the room rate. It just seems tacky to have separate charge. You will notice many people on computers in the lobby because there is free wi-fi there.

Another pet peeve I had was that I commented on my reservation which I booked directly with them that I wanted a quiet room away from the elevators. I had to wait about 10 minutes for room (but I was early so that was no problem at all) and when she handed me the room key I asked "This isn't by the elevators is it?". She said it was actually directly across from them. She was able to quickly find me a room that was farther away from the elevators but I don't know why they ask for comments if they aren't going to read them before assigning rooms. Some hotels seem to be very good about considering the comments, while others don't. This hotel did not take the time to review.

Bottom line, I would rather have given this hotel a 4.5 but since I can't, I don't want to cheat them out of a good score. If they give free internet and start paying attention to the comments, they will truly deserve the full excellent rating at the price I got the room for.

Room Tip: Light sleepers choose lakeview side. It is extra, but I recommend it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family