“Feels like coming home!”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a business traveler, it's so nice to walk into a hotel after a long day on the road and be pleasantly greeted as you walk thru the door! Jason at the front desk always makes me feel welcome and recognizes I have been here before. He always gets me the best room available and notices the little things. I really enjoy this property, other than the fact they don't have valet, and always make it my first choice when staying in the area!

Room Tip: Always go for the concierge level if available.. great breakfast and good evening appetizers and des...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for your post and I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your visit. It is our focus to make all our guest feel like home. I also appreciate your kind comments about Jason. He is an asset to our team, and I will share your kudos with him. We certainly enjoyed having you with us at the Renaissance Plantation and hope to welcome you back soon. Kumar Anne, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The rooms are tired and worn. The hotel is tired and worn.

Stayed here on a work trip and chose it for location and and conveience. I usually stay in West Palm but needed to be closer to Ft. Lauderdale.

First room smelled like really bad B.O. or dirty feet.
Second rooms AC just didn't do the job, (First rooms did)
I was so tired and annoyed I just stayed in second room.

The staff was great and would have swtiched me again but just didn't have it in me to move.
It is a good location with easy parking.

This is the 2nd Renaissance that I have stayed in this week that just doesn't measure up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your post. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to your room. We will do our best to correct our shortcomings, and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Plantation. General Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2013

My daughter got married on August 3, 2013 and our entire family from both Belize C.A. and the US stayed at this hotel as the venue was at the Jacaranda Golf Club. We had a memorable experience namely clean rooms, clean bathrooms and most of all friendly staff. The only meal we had at the hotel was the breakfast which was buffet style. We received awesome treatment especially from the ladies cooking the fresh eggs and serving warm bagels.

Overall this hotel is an exclusive destination that is beautiful and first class. I would definitely encourage anyone to stay at this location. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room that faces the horizon as you can view the entire area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We selected this property based on location and price. First impression not very good. Both the corridors and the rooms look somewhat tired and in need of a renovation. The bathroom is a bit small. The lounge is closed during the weekend.
But there are other factors which make up for the lesser first impression. The location is very good with both shops and restaurants close by, free ample parking, excellent breakfast and best of all the front desk staff who were extremely helpful in their assistance with all our requests.
So overall not the best Renaissance property we have visited, but sufficient other reasons to visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment. What a wonderful staff! Everyone is friendly and helpful. The conceirge recommended a wonderful restaurant on the pier in Ft. Lauderdale with excellent seafood. I had a 2 night business stay to attend an onsite meeting there. The catering for the meeting was fantastic. The head chef came out to check on food service operations before lunch and offered to make a special dish for one of the attendees with a food allergy. The pool and hot tub were very nice with pretty landscaping. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I didn't choose this hotel myself, but it was chosen for me from my employer. It was fabulous- very business oriented. From the point of entrance at its foyer to the accommodations, I couldn't have picked a better one. It was fairly close to where I had to be each day. The restaurant fare was extremely delicious and had a wide variety. Plus, they had Starbucks coffee in the morning :)
The staff couldn't be more attentive in the hotel as well as the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had a great first impression once arriving at the hotel lobby. The checking in lasted less than 5 minutes which was also great. The room and bathroom were clean. The bathroom was somewhat tight. But that is functional, as you are not spending long hours in there. I thought that they could invest in a larger size tv. The tv was very small, and does not fit with the level of expectation from such a hotel. I was in a room with a double bed. I spent two nights in that room and moved to a room with a king size bed. It was only two days after that I realized that I left my sneakers in the other room. When I called front desk to ask about my sneakers, I was told that they would have to check with lost and found. My call was returned within 15 minutes by front desk and I was told that there weren't any sneakers in the other room. This is rather strange, since the sneakers were not in the current room and would have had to been in the other room. Sneakers cannot just disappear like that. I was rather attached to those sneakers, as they have a sentimental value to me. Those sneakers were given to me by a very special individual with a certain meaning.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view to the DHL side and not to the highway side
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!