“A Superlative Stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Marlton, New Jersey
“A Superlative Stay”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The old adage, "You get what you pay for," is not true in the case of the Renaissance Plantation. Having stayed several times at this exceptional property, my experience has been that I always receive more. It is apparent that this hotel is attentive to detail and matchless service. From the breathtaking lobby to the stylishly serene rooms that afford extremely comfortable beds and above par toiletries, to the large well equipped fitness center and pool, to the delectable breakfast at their in-house restaurant, Bin 595, the Renaissance provided a most welcoming and pleasurable stay. This is our go to hotel when we visit the area. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The ninth floor offers a comfortable concierge lounge hosting an ample breakfast and hors d'oeuv...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
It was our pleasure to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed our comfortable beds, beautiful lobby and our restaurant BIN 595. Thank you for taking the time to review Renaissance Plantation Hotel, We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kumar Anne. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a business traveler, it's so nice to walk into a hotel after a long day on the road and be pleasantly greeted as you walk thru the door! Jason at the front desk always makes me feel welcome and recognizes I have been here before. He always gets me the best room available and notices the little things. I really enjoy this property, other than the fact they don't have valet, and always make it my first choice when staying in the area!

Room Tip: Always go for the concierge level if available.. great breakfast and good evening appetizers and des...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your post and I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your visit. It is our focus to make all our guest feel like home. I also appreciate your kind comments about Jason. He is an asset to our team, and I will share your kudos with him. We certainly enjoyed having you with us at the Renaissance Plantation and hope to welcome you back soon. Kumar Anne, General Manager
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The rooms are tired and worn. The hotel is tired and worn.

Stayed here on a work trip and chose it for location and and conveience. I usually stay in West Palm but needed to be closer to Ft. Lauderdale.

First room smelled like really bad B.O. or dirty feet.
Second rooms AC just didn't do the job, (First rooms did)
I was so tired and annoyed I just stayed in second room.

The staff was great and would have swtiched me again but just didn't have it in me to move.
It is a good location with easy parking.

This is the 2nd Renaissance that I have stayed in this week that just doesn't measure up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your post. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to your room. We will do our best to correct our shortcomings, and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Plantation. General Manager
Belize
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My daughter got married on August 3, 2013 and our entire family from both Belize C.A. and the US stayed at this hotel as the venue was at the Jacaranda Golf Club. We had a memorable experience namely clean rooms, clean bathrooms and most of all friendly staff. The only meal we had at the hotel was the breakfast which was buffet style. We received awesome treatment especially from the ladies cooking the fresh eggs and serving warm bagels.

Overall this hotel is an exclusive destination that is beautiful and first class. I would definitely encourage anyone to stay at this location. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room that faces the horizon as you can view the entire area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We selected this property based on location and price. First impression not very good. Both the corridors and the rooms look somewhat tired and in need of a renovation. The bathroom is a bit small. The lounge is closed during the weekend.
But there are other factors which make up for the lesser first impression. The location is very good with both shops and restaurants close by, free ample parking, excellent breakfast and best of all the front desk staff who were extremely helpful in their assistance with all our requests.
So overall not the best Renaissance property we have visited, but sufficient other reasons to visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, Illinois
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment. What a wonderful staff! Everyone is friendly and helpful. The conceirge recommended a wonderful restaurant on the pier in Ft. Lauderdale with excellent seafood. I had a 2 night business stay to attend an onsite meeting there. The catering for the meeting was fantastic. The head chef came out to check on food service operations before lunch and offered to make a special dish for one of the attendees with a food allergy. The pool and hot tub were very nice with pretty landscaping. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I didn't choose this hotel myself, but it was chosen for me from my employer. It was fabulous- very business oriented. From the point of entrance at its foyer to the accommodations, I couldn't have picked a better one. It was fairly close to where I had to be each day. The restaurant fare was extremely delicious and had a wide variety. Plus, they had Starbucks coffee in the morning :)
The staff couldn't be more attentive in the hotel as well as the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business