“Wonderful Stay”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband stayed there last month for one night. We checked in really late (around 4am), the front desk personnel was so kind to extend our checkout till 2pm. Next time we're in the area, I definitely plan on staying there again. We didn't have the opportunity to check out any of the services that the hotel offered but I will say that it's a beautiful hotel with a great staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

It was our pleasure to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We certainly look forward to your return visit and enjoy our restaurant Bin 595 and our pool and fitness center. If you need any assistance with recommendations for sight seeing or shopping, please do not hesitate to contact us. Kumar Anne. General Manager

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked on line at the hotels' own web site for a club level room and when I showed up at the desk they tried to give me a non-club level room. They claim to not notice that my booking was for a club level room. And of course, they were out of the club level rooms.
After much haranguing they gave me a "semi-accessible" room for handicapped folks that had club level access.
So was it a computer error (not likely) or just plain dishonesty (likely).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LAXtravels
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you incurred at our hotel. This is not typical of our team, and I would like to speak to you about your experience. At your convenience, please call me at 954-308-4500. It is my hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Kumar Anne, General Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The staff at this hotel work very hard to be helpful, Unfortunately, the location is in the middle of a concrete jungle with nothing nearby. The facilities are getting worn. I had to drive into town to get a decent dinner. The lobby was taken over with elderly cruise passengers, which prevented my use of the "business center" to print documents. The women's softball team was equally happy with the facilities. I won't go back, unless I'm with a large group, which they cater to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you very much for your post. We are a business friendly hotel and hosts group guest as well, however the experience you encountered was not typical, our apology. Our front office team is always there to assist with any printing needs or offer alternate options for you to conduct your business. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to impress upon you.

I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Kumar A, General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stay at this hotel every year with our four children during the holidays. We love it! The hotel iis modern, beautiful, and clean. The walls are thick and we sleep well. The staff goes out of their way to make sure everyone is happy. Our kids love the beautiful pool. The workout room is clean and well-equpped. The location is very handy as it's near major highways and restaurants, shopping, etc. We always feel so welcome here and recommend it for business as well as family travel.

Room Tip: We've stayed in a variety of rooms and suites and they've all been good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and children enjoyed our beautiful pool. We are looking forward to seeing you soon at our hotel. Thank you for being a loyal Renaissance Plantation Guest. Kumar Anne. General Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The location itself is OK - close to Broward and not too far from Sawgrass. However it is almost impossible to find. There are no signs. It is off the road, behind trees in a commercial park.
It is not visible from the road. The hotel directions state driving on S. Pine Island Rd - you will see the hotel. You will NOT. I was so stressed driving up and down and round one way streets - it was awful. Even after finding the place it is not easy to find at night. I was more stressed after this stay than at any hotel; the rooms were fine except the plate on the towel holder was falling off and needed to be fixed. Which shows a lack of proper housekeeping management. Also one day I found a bunch of towels in a bag hanging on the outside of my door- why?
Hated the lobby lighting - but that's just me - not my choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Harrietlyle
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and I will share your comments with the team. We'll take steps to correct our shortcomings and hope to welcome you back in the future. Kumar Anne, General Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here during the weekend after thanksgiving 2013. We got a room with lake view on the fifth floor which was pretty neat. Room was nice and clean with a king size bed as expected, nothing very special. Balcony opens up to lake view.
They have a wonderful continental breakfast in their restaurant in first floor(complimentary for platinum elite members). Lobby looks to be new and very modern. Thanks to the receptionist for clicking some good portraits..:)
Overall it's a good hotel...and yeah..try and visit Hollywood beach nearby... It's a good family beach, can't beat south beach though ;)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a great choice if you are in Fort Lauderdale or the sorrounding area because of its close proximity to I-595. This is a very clean and quiet hotel with a beautiful lobby and bar area. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, was because our air conditoning was not working in our room. The front desk gave us a new room on the same floor with the same view with no questions asked. I wish I got to use the pool but did not have the time this trip. I fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our location. We certainly hope you will have time to enjoy our pool on your next visit. We hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!