“Comfortable Stay and Well Placed for Shopping”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel several times and have always had great service. This time however, the reservations people had messed up our booking and could not offer us the room type that we had booked and initially only offered us a free drink in the restaurant. However after having travelled all day and being from a different time zone, we were tired and irritated - needless to say, the "misunderstanding" was then cleared up quickly and efficiently.... normal service then resumed. Good hotel, good staff and a great location. We'll be back, just don't mess up on the rooms again, please.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank IDect100
Kumar A, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your post. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to your requested room type. I am glad to hear that you were happy with your overall stay.
We will do our best to correct our shortcomings, and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Renaissance Plantation. Kumar Anne. General Manager

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were given an ADA room, which had sub par bathroom facilities. We did not need an ADA room, and paying over $200.00 per night I would expect a decent bathroom without a rusty bench in the tub. There was trash under the beds. The front desk staff seemed bothered to have to answer questions and were short and rude. We had to wait a half hour to check into our room, which was after 5:30 pm. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you incurred at our hotel. This is not typical of our team, and I would like to speak to you about your experience. At your convenience, please call me at 954-308-4500. It is my hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Kumar Anne, General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for 1 night before departing on a cruise. We used priceline and got a great rate, making this a phenomenal value.

There is ample free parking, and while the area seems quiet, it's safe and convenient to the highway.

The lobby is very nice with a south beach or vegas lounge vibe (contemporary decor, colored lighting, music playing). It's an impressive first impression for a good value business hotel.

Room was nice with plenty of space, though the building is older, so the bathroom is smaller, and the window isn't huge. No complaints about room condition or cleanliness.

We ate dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed it very much. Sports on TV, great food, good service. Maybe a tad overpriced, but that's to be expected.

I enjoyed walking the path around the pond the next morning. The location is within a short drive are many places to get food or groceries. It's a business park, so nothing is really walkable nearby. It was only a few minutes to port everglades.

I would recommend and stay again if in town on business or for just one night. Not a great HQ for a south florida vacation though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas B

It was our pleasure to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kumar Anne. General Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel after a recent escape from icy/wintery weather in my hometown. I needed a place to stay the night before a cruise departure. I was concerned when I realized this hotel was located in a business-traveler location but was pleasantly surprised by the boutique-feel of the renovated hotel. You could still see some of the older features of the hotel under the new veneer but the staff was professional, friendly, and helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable. I wouldn't say it was anything special, but I would spend the night there again.

I did eat breakfast in the restaurant in the morning and the buffet was tasty. I was able to have an omelet cooked-to-order and I made my own oatmeal with special toppings. While I would not recommend this hotel for vacationers, I would highly recommend it for the occasional overnight stay or for a business trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were able to use our Marriott points to stay at this hotel for one night...it was okay nothing special and little updating could be used. We had a king bed with a view towards the large pond with the water feature.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the large pond with the water feature...it was nice, but our window was high an...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Renaissance Plantation. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our lake view room and the view. We hope to see you again soon! Kumar Anne. General Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We suddenly had to find a hotel because our flight was canceled because of bad northeast weather. Many hotels were booked and the previous nights hotel made the reservation. When we walked in the renaissance couldn't find our reservation and then realized it was for a sister property a mile away. One look around and I said to myself I wanted to stay here. Even though they were 99% booked they were able to accommodate my wife and I. The front desk people couldn't have been nicer. Our room was large and the bed was very comfortable. We had had just returned from Cuba and just wanted a simple American meal for dinner. The bar menu was perfect for this and the waitress was great. This hotel helped make the travel delay much more tolerable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel is clean and in a great area...right by a mall. The front desk staff were welcoming and friendly. A small welcome snack at check in was nice. I liked the breakfast and evening receptions which were included in the price. I loved my room...two bedroom suite so large and pretty. The only thing I didn't care for was the layout of the hotel, having to enter different buildings for the elevator.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank laadragon

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our staff service and the bar. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We hope to see you again soon! Kumar Anne. General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!