Stayed here for two nights, during Florida stay for a visit to Sawgrass Mills and I stayed here three years ago and was impressed by the hotel and its staff.
This time I was underwhelmed. We checked in mid afternoon after quite a long drive from the Gulf Coast. Check in wasn't busy but a got little more than a grunt from the agent as I checked in and no information about the hotel etc.
The room was fine - clean and comfortable with two queen beds. First stop was the exec lounge for a coffee - no! There was water and juice in the fridge but no coffee - I don't think I have ever known that in an exec lounge before. Clearly they are pushing customers to the Starbucks downstairs.
The pool was okay but some of the doors, facilities and fittings were looking tatty and in need of a remodel. There was nothing major wrong with the hotel, but equally, there was no wow-factor, either with the building or its staff.
The drinks in the lounge in the evening are very expensive - I have got used to the comp drinks you get in UK, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Breakfast in the lounge was good - the staff also worked hard re-stocking and clearing tables making it a pleasant experience.
All in all, no disaster, but I won't bother going back. There are a huge number of hotels to choose from in the area and this one does very little to encourage repeat business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel boasts style and sophistication, making it a top choice among Fort Lauderdale, FL hotels. Located adjacent to the Jacaranda Golf Club, our luxury property features unique amenities including an outdoor resort-style pool, an onsite restaurant (Bin595), and more than 10,000 square feet of beautifully-appointed event space. Modern guest rooms feature Renaissance PLUSH luxury bedding, microwaves and mini refrigerators, and Wi-FI. Our Fort Lauderdale boutique hotel is located just minutes from all South Florida has to offer including Sun Life Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Mall, and the BB&T Center. As a member of the Florida Green Lodging program, Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel has been awarded the prestigious Energy Star label for efforts in protecting our environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Plantation Fort Lauderdale Hotel Plantation
- Plantation Renaissance
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel Florida