“All Excellent... Except...”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for a basketball tournament. Upon checking into my room, I stepped into a puddle of liquid inside my room and my socks were soaked. There was to much that could be done except putting a towel on my floor until it dried up. That experience was quite underwhelming.

Otherwise, I find that their staff is well trained, accommodating and extremely courteous! The room itself is somewhat modern, clean and we'll decorated.

The pool is nice, but a bit small to accommodate large quantities of people at any given time.

The restaurant within the hotel is also very good. There is mouthing within walking distance so you will need a car when you are here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
david_lanterman, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for the issue with your room. I am happy to hear about your overall service experience and will review your comments with our entire team.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Reviewed 10 May 2014

What a pleasant experence. Nothing bad to say about this place. The people are so nice from the time we walked in til the time we left. They greeted u with a smile at every turn. Hema was the best. She couldn't have done enough for us. We were there for a family wedding in the area. We took over the fourth floor and the pool for about five days. All of my guests were very very happy. The buffet breakfast was so good and so worth the price. Rita was such a good host. Can't say enough about her. The location is so close to everything. When I return to the area to visit my daughter, I will stay at the Renaissance Plantation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
david_lanterman, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I agree, Rita and Hema are outstanding service hero's. We are very fortunate to have both on our team. I hope your travels home were safe. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

A stylish hotel in a business park. You definitely need a car as there are no restaurants in the area. Free parking. We stayed for one night after a cruise. About a fifteen minute drive from Port Everglades and Ft Lauderdale airport. Near I-595 which was convenient for us as we spent the day in the Miami area. Close to highway but little to no traffic noise in the room. We stayed in a room on the Gold floor. Comfortable room and king bed. Clean and modern bathroom with good water pressure and lots of hot water. No noise from our neighbours and no slamming doors. Tolerable fan noise from the AC but a louder noise every so often from what might have been the main AC unit on the roof -- used my earplugs to sleep. Nice outdoor pool but did notice some traffic noise. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed our outdoor pool area. We have exciting upgrades coming to our pool area in the next few weeks including upgraded furniture, music, evening "Tiki Torch lightings" and tableside food and beverage offerings. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you during this stay and hope to see you again shortly!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

PROS:
1. Very helpful and accommodating front desk and restaurant staff. Kudos to Hemma at the front desk.
2. Clean and well decorated room.
3. Very nice outdoor pool with plenty of lounge chairs.
4. Nice lobby – attached to bar and restaurant.
5. Beautiful pond to walk around, adjacent to the hotel.
6. Short walk to Bokamper’s Sports Bar & Grill – a fun and lively restaurant.
7. Piano bar on Thursday evenings.

CONS:
1. No refrigerator, microwave, or safe in room.
2. Room seemed a little smaller than other comparable hotels I have stayed in.
3. No free breakfast.
4. The sink is inside of the bathroom – inconvenient for two people getting dressed in the morning.
5. Fairly small closet – inconvenient. Located across from bathroom.

Recommendation: You won’t be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! I appreciate the positive comments regarding the team - specifically Hema! I will be sure she see's your positive feedback! I'm excited to announce several upgrades to our pool area over the next 30 days. We have refinished all of our outdoor furniture, upgraded chair soft cushions, upgraded our music system,activated PM "Tiki Torch" lightings and offer F&B service poolside. We do offer refrigerators and safes in each guestroom. They are built in within the television credenzas. They can be easily missed or assumed to be drawers. I will ensure our team reviews this as part of the check in process - great feedback.

We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for selecting the Renaissance Plantation. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful stay at this hotel over the weekend. When you enter, you are going to find yourself in a middle of a gorgeus modern lobby, with sleek accents & sitting arrangements. The hotel even plays "mood" music, with mellow beats in the morning, and nice upbeat tracks at night. The check-in was seamless and I must acknowledge the professionalism & friendliness displayed by the front desk staff, especially Matt & Mena (I'm sorry if I misspelled her name). Both of these members of the staff are truly exceptional in their caring for the guests. I was celebrating a very special birthday & they even above & beyond to ensure that I had an unforgettable stay!! The hotel is seconds away from I-595 which takes you to the many "hotspots" in Fort Lauderdale, including Hard Rock in Hollywood! For breakfast, I would recommend Bin 595 - delicious, European style buffet, and delicious coffee! Good service & I observed a manager always on the floor ensuring that guests were being taken care of & happy. I highly recommend the hotel & hopefully you will encounter the same members of the team that I did because they add to the whole experience!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms with a lake view are absolutely divine!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great review! I have shared your feedback with our entire team including Matt and Hema! We work hard to ensure our lobby area is "activated" by day part. Music levels, lighting and candles change daily based on the time of day. This creates a fun, vibrant and energetic environment that our guests love and expect. We offer many things that our competitors simply can't. Our mission is to provide "unforgettable service with an anything it takes attitude". We celebrated your "unforgettable" comment internally. It was spot on to our mission!

Thank you again. We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. On behalf of all 110 Renaissance Plantation team member, we hope to see you again shortly.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family was in town for a wedding and the stay at this hotel was excellent. The rooms were clean, the breakfast food was very good, and the staff could not have been better. Excellent choice for a stay if you are in the area. Thanks to all especially Hema!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
david_lanterman, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us! Our restaurant staff is currently ranked within the top Renaissance hotels in brand in service and food quality. They are a great team!

On behalf of all 110 Renaissance Plantation team members, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Having business in the area, we had enjoyed a previous stay and gladly booked here again. Same friendly reception, stylish lobby, lots of parking. Large rooms, comfortable beds, Renaissance touches about the room. Accommodating maitre d' - good value bar menu. Set in a landscaped (office) park; easy access to the I-95, but quiet and relaxing. Considerate, attentive staff in the club lounge. Good location for cruisers, handy for airport and for the enormous Sawgrass Mills.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Camwas - Thank you for your review! Our restaurant GM will review your comments with his team. Your feedback matters to each team member. We review comments such as these daily as we strive to be the best hotel in the market in service and cleanliness.

We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel? Share your experiences!