“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Atlanta
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel in a not so great mood. I was overwhelmed by a situation and the young man checking Me in sensed that I guess and got Me in lovely room 401 with a balcony and a view of the lake. He also threw in a drink coupon for the bar. The room was lovely, clean, just perfect. I went to the bar and the service was great. The 2 bartenders there were awesome and kept me chatted up as I was alone. I was there for an event held at the hotel, the ballroom was gorgeous, the food and service was amazing. I cannot say enough about this hotel. Check out was pleasant as well. I really hated to leave.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Best location of south Florida! It is the most convenience place to stay in South Florida.
Close to the I595, beaches, Broward Mall, Sawgrass Mall, Aventura Mall, port everglades etc.
Nice view and good food.

Room Tip: Choosing club level room you will get a free full breakfast buffet The North side room view to a l...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The only negative thing I would say about my hotel stay was the less than pleasant check-in experience on Friday, May 2nd. The gentleman who checked us in, Matthew, did not make us feel welcomed in any way, and did not come off as professional. Keep in mind, I was spending thousands of dollars at the hotel and expected somewhat of a VIP greeting. I almost felt as though I needed to guide him through the check-in experience myself. We were not greeted warmly, I am quite certain he may not have used my name more than once during our interaction, and I don't think he even acknowledged my bride-to-be. Not the arrival experience I expected.

Regarding my overall stay, we were very happy! The room was spacious and had a very practical layout. Our bed was quite comfortable! We ordered a nice BIG breakfast the last morning and it was delicious! Also, the guy from room service deserves recognition for his great service. I wish I could remember his name! (Hotel Manager: It was the morning of May 4th around maybe 11am-noon).

My wife and I held our wedding reception at this hotel and we could not be more pleased with the results! Our two champions of the event's execution were Rachael Hanley, our Event Manager, and Mo, the Banquet Manager! Each of them worked to provide me and my guests with an incredible evening! Also, my compliments to the Culinary Team! The food was absolutely delicious and we continue receiving compliments from our guests to this day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
david_lanterman, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
I can't thank you enough for the feedback.

Regarding Rachel, Moe and the events team....we were all very excited to serve you! We planned diligently for your and John's wedding last month. I'm happy to hear your special day was such as success. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. We loved you cork centerpieces! This team is currently ranked within the top 10 Renaissance hotels in event and wedding satisfaction.

I have reviewed your comments with our entire leadership team. Your arrival experience comments are definitely constructive and will make us better. Matt is typically one of our strongest customer service associates. Your feedback is a definite reminder - all customers, every day, all the time. We will review our pre-arrival guest planning to ensure things like this do not occur in the future.

Brian was your room service ambassador. I don't know what else to say about him besides - WOW! He just "gets it". He loves serving our guests!

Best of luck to you and John. Thank you for letting us be a part of your family.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

An excellent hotel located right off of 595 and easy access to stores, restaurants and other amenities. It is a short drive to Sawgrass Mills and less than 2 miles from the universities such as Nova Southeastern, Broward, and Florida Atlantic. A modern building with service oriented people, a Starbucks and a decent bar. Parking is free! The beds were soft, but rather high for children to get up on. Good HD flat screen tv and really clean bathroom. No complaints here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We appreciate your feedback and strive for excellence in service. Our hotel is currently ranked within the top 10 Renaissance in customer service. This feedback will be reviewed with our entire team.

On behalf of all Renaissance team members, thank you for your business! We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay here often when in town for Miami Dolphins' games. It's convenient to malls, the Fort Lauderdale airport (10min), Miami Dolphins training facility (5min), and Sun Life stadium (15-25 min). They have a great breakfast buffet with an omelet station. You'll want to catch a deal or use your AAA discount, because it can be pricey compared to other Marriott hotels in the area. But planning ahead will help get the best value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! First and foremost - go FINS! We love our Dolphin's here at the Renaissance Plantation. We hope to see you again in 2014.....for home games, playoffs and on to the Super Bowl!!
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here when attending a wedding at Jacarunda Country Club which is nearby. Great rate. Rooms looked like they have been redone recently. Very comfortable. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were part of a small group and the vent coordinator, Rachael was wonderful at making the arrangements. The bride and groom were upgraded to a large suite. If you have a larger family, consider a suite. No complaints. Easy access and will think about this hotel fro a pre cruise stay since it is about 15 minutes from Port Everglades port.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recognizing the hotel and Rachael! She (and our entire events/sales team) are absolutely outstanding. Currently, our hotel is ranked within the top 6 Renaissance in North America / Caribbean in overall Event experience. We hope to serve you again in the future!

We know you have a choice of hotels for your travel and event. On behalf of all 110 Renaissance Plantation team members, thank you for your business!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for a basketball tournament. Upon checking into my room, I stepped into a puddle of liquid inside my room and my socks were soaked. There was to much that could be done except putting a towel on my floor until it dried up. That experience was quite underwhelming.

Otherwise, I find that their staff is well trained, accommodating and extremely courteous! The room itself is somewhat modern, clean and we'll decorated.

The pool is nice, but a bit small to accommodate large quantities of people at any given time.

The restaurant within the hotel is also very good. There is mouthing within walking distance so you will need a car when you are here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for the issue with your room. I am happy to hear about your overall service experience and will review your comments with our entire team.