“Consistent good food at a fair price.”

La Bamba Mexican and Spanish Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 238 Restaurants in Plantation
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Consistent good food at a fair price.”
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

We live near the Plantation location and often visit for dinner or take out when pressed for time. We love the food across the board & always choose La Bamba when we're in the mood for Mexican. Fajitas are great & my wife loves their burritos. Drinks are pretty consistent although I prefer the premium margaritas. Fairly priced & the staff is always accommodating & helpful. I do wish they'd expand the salsa options but we often ask for extra pico de gallo & dip the tortilla chips in that. Great experience all around, highly recommend the place!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Salsa Anywhere”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This is consistantly good food. The chips and salsa served right when you sit down you can't beat. The salsa is homemade with a burst of cilantro that is so fresh. The food is all good and the prices are very reasonable. The staff is also great. Good choice for casual dining every time. Also, their lunch specials are a great deal and one of the best chicken breast filets I have had.

• Visited May 2012
Plantation
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Margarita”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Not only was the food, ambiance and margaritas great at La Bamba, Alex the bartender, from Chile was so nice, knowledgeable and provided great service to us! We ordered the Mexican pizza, which is enough for 2-4 people, depending upon how hungry you are. The Le DON Margarita was the best .. frozen with salt! Yummmy! I lived in San Diego near Mexico for years, so I have to tell you, these margaritas are Outstanding ... no sloppy second!

• Visited July 2012
Sunrise, Florida
“Best Mexican food in the area”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family and I live in the area and we have come to the conclusion that this is the best Mexican restaurant in this area. From the start, the chips that are served with the salsa's taste fresh. A word about the salsa's (two mild and one hot), is as fresh a salsa as you're going to get, made in house. My normal order is the beef enchiladas, which come with with two enchiladas covered in sauce and melted CHEESE!!! Along with refried beans covered in CHEESE!!!! and Mexican rice which goes well with everything else on the plate. I recently tried their fajitas which come to the table sizzling, they are very generous with the portion of sliced steak unlike other restaurants that skimp you on the meat and replace it with more onions and peppers, what I received with La Bamba was close to 50/50 sliced steak and vegetables, perfect. My wife love their margaritas, she also agrees that La Bamba has the best margaritas in the area, she tried them all over so she'd know :) Note, if you're visiting on a Friday or Saturday night expect a bit of a wait, but it will be worth it, trust me.

• Visited May 2012
Sunrise, Florida
“Never disappointing!”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

And by that, I mean, we've been there several times and each was a dining pleasure. Mexican food places are all over but this one has it down pat. Excellent fajitas and quesadillas, to say the least. Please explore the rest of the menu. Would that I could eat all those items in one sitting. Trust me on this! I'll be in the area all day. Ole!

• Visited April 2012