“Affordable and roomy”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
San Jose, California, USA
“Affordable and roomy”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is huge and it makes you think it's a deserted place. Overall conditions of the hotel is clean and up to date. Can't beat the price. Customer service is really good. I received 2 drinks vouchers. I would come back here and recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Czech first
san francisco
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I will again be staying at the wonderfull hotel on my birthday, 12/09/13 after a 15 night Transatlantic cruise. I love the roof top pool and hot tub. Also love they have Starbucks coffee in the room. I cant wait to get back to this hotel.
Will do a full review after my stay.
Norma

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed 5 nights in September 2013 in this hotel, that is just owned by Sheraton, but operatded by a private operator.
This hotel is pretty nice, but :

The last day, I checked out, i had no charge to pay, and it was confirmed by the staff at the reception.
A few days later, i noticed that 18 dollars had been charged on my credit card.
It's simply unacceptable.
I spent 2 hours with the customer service ( phone ), they finally accepted to give me my money back , and recognized there was a problem.
I told them, that they should give me points on my Starwood card for the inconvenience.
Answer was : NO, sorry.

Is it a normal way to take care of customers?
there is no consideration.
so please, be careful when checking out in this hotel, as some other comments on tripadvisor notice this problem with this specific hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hawthorne, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Sheraton Suites is a solid choice in the Fort Lauderdale/Plantation area, one that I would definitely return to. The rooms are one of the definite strong points - very nicely furnished, comfortable, well laid out, and functional. I made good use of the wet bar area complete with mini-fridge, microwave, and complimentary water and starbucks coffee. The bed was very comfortable, and the free wi-fi was appreciated, too. I would recommend asking for the street facing view to get more light and scenery – the room I was in had a view of the abandoned mall next door.

The gym was clean and bright, and the roof top pool looked great, but bad weather prevented me from getting to use it.

The price and location were other bonuses. The Westfield mall is in walking distance, and a Walgreens and a Macaroni Grill are even more nearby.

The only downer for me was the confusion regarding the shuttle service. I love that they offer free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius as well as to Sawgrass Mills shopping center, but what I did not love was the "when available" factor. It was kind of a let down that most of the times we wanted to go anywhere the shuttle was not available. When I called before booking to ask about airport shuttle service, I was told that they offer return shuttle trips to the airport, but when we checked out, the shuttle was not available for us then either, despite inquiring a good 6 hours in advance. I would love it if they could just set a few designated shuttle times and destinations a day that could be relied on. Otherwise it's a bit more of a hassle than a perk. With that said, I'd definitely recommend Sam who was the "go-to" taxi driver when the shuttle was not available - he was great!

Overall I had a great stay at Sheraton and would recommend it - especially for the rooms and the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hazines_World
Bahamas
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The lobby is beautiful and the suites are beautiful and spacious. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and cannot wait to stay again. The suite blew my breath away. The room was very clean, inviting and spacious. The actual bed is in a room by itself and the sofa is also a pull out bed. Suite is definitely family friendly.

Room Tip: The suites can hold four persons comfortably.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mexico
Reviewed 17 September 2013

First time Sherton Suites, check in was a breeze very fast, front desk staff made you feel welcome they were a credit to the Sheraton name, booked a suite with Jacuzzi bath, large room seperate bedroom 2 TV, spaces very comfortable. fridge, coffee/coffee machine, micro
definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Checked into this hotel as we were working a wedding in the area. Our first time here, even though I work right next door, and we were pleasantly surprised. Staff was excellent and the suite was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Complimentary water bottles, teas and coffee along with "to go" cups were left in the room. Love the double sinks in the bathroom and that the shower and the toilet were separate with a door! Sliding doors locked off the bedroom from the living room and the bathroom which was perfect for those who stay up late watching TV. The hotel has a restaurant on site which we did not have the chance to partake of but they also have happy hour Monday through Friday until 7pm! Close to work...why not? Parking was plenty and lots of shopping, restaurants, parks, etc., in the area. Walgreens right next door and Macaroni Grill across the street. I would definately recommend it to my friends and clients!

Room Tip: Some rooms are very far from the elevators. If you are a single woman or have issues walking long d...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West? Share your experiences!